Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

The CSOF Rules and Format

Go down 
+4
Mcnair2Wycheck
joeydee14
jwhite
EggzOverEazy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

The CSOF Rules and Format Empty
PostSubject: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-25, 11:24

All games for The Championship Series Online Franchise will be played under the following settings:

- All-Madden
- 5 Minute Quarters
- Accelerated Clock Off
- Injuries On
- Fatigue On
- Trading On - No CPU Trades

The following rules will be implemented (and subject to change at commissioner's discretion) for every CSOF game:

- Offensive players on offense only
- Defensive players on defense only
- No HB Direct Snap
- No intentional glitching
- No intentional lagging/disconnecting
- No milking the clock until the 2 minute warning
- No manual FG/XP blocking
- No quitting or conceding
- Decline all holding calls on FGs and XPs

The CSOF will be an active league with a set pace and schedule. Games must be played in the following manner:

- No extensions will be given
- Odd number weeks will be played Monday-Thursday
- Even number weeks will be played Friday-Sunday
- All games left unplayed during a week will be simulated
- Any owner who fails to play any 2 consecutive weeks faces removal
- Any owner who fails to play any 3 out of 5 weeks faces removal
- Owners are required to check the forums at least every 3 days

The CSOF allows for trades and signings but under a few regulations. There will be no restrictions on who you trade, how you trade, or who you sign, and how you sign. So manage your teams effectively and try to be smart about all the moves you make. We will be using the NFL roster's as of 8/22/09, all future NFL signings and/or releases will have no effect on our franchise. Trades take effect after the next game game is played, so if you want a player for your next game you will have to have the person you're trading with release that player in to free agency where you can pick him up. We are also allowing you to trade draft picks, but the person you trade with will have to pick the player you want and then give him to you through free agency.

Last edited by EggzOverEazy on 2009-09-04, 20:40; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-25, 19:27

Eazy you are doing an awesome job getting this organized bro! Greatly appreciate all your hard work in putting this together..The rules look great the only minor tweak I would make is on the Quitting, Concede and Mercy rule. Since this is a franchise league playing the whole game is very important for progression, stats, injuries etc...Games should be played till the clock hits 0 no matter how far down you are. But thats just my opinion. Awesome job Eazy!
Back to top Go down
joeydee14
New MS Member
New MS Member
joeydee14

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-25, 20:21

- No milking the clock until and/or after the 2 minute warning

Do you mean "Before" or no milking at all ? not saying i am just confused. like jwhite said great job setting this up it is definetly appreciated
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-25, 22:15

oh i meant to say no milking the clock unless it to the 2 minute warning, like you're waiting for the 2 minute warning to go off, like you just finished a play with 2:37 left in the half, you can let it drain down to the 2 minute warning, and then any time within the 2 minute warning.

and yeah jwhite, im with ya on that
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-25, 23:45

I know I'm not in yet but I think longer quarters (8 or so) with the accellerated clock on would make more sense than just shutting it off.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-26, 00:13

accelerated clock is turned off in this franchise because I dont like it... and neither do a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
alpgballer15
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-28, 01:22

yea that accelerated clock is awful why did they even put that in there
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-31, 21:07

Because an NFL team never breaks the huddle with 35 seconds left on the playclock. I just better not see any of this s*** with people calling 5 audibles at the line. And alpg what part of PA are you from?
Back to top Go down
alpgballer15
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-31, 21:11

Smile

Last edited by alpgballer15 on 2009-09-01, 12:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alpgballer15
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-08-31, 23:11

Yo mcnair just played the Texans he is on that audible a hundred times type of BS cant even get a good game
Back to top Go down
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-09-01, 08:22

alp....how you got the psn imabeast when all your doing is whining and crying about someone's play style in a freestyle environment? you should change it to imalilgirl

you think mcnair hasn't played chrisc? they are both VETERAN members here. so here's some advice for you rookie....1. know what you sign up for. 2. hike up your skirt, get some massengil or vagisil and clean that thing out man....sucks to go thru life with a dirty v***** (you can even do commercials with your mom)

i'm not the best madden player here, but i don't cry when i lose. if you want a more varied game, go to the sim section and fill out an application, but stop bad mouthing vets around here ROOKIE
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-09-17, 23:22

alpgballer15 wrote:
Yo mcnair just played the Texans he is on that audible a hundred times type of BS cant even get a good game

Haha, well I play him this season and If he does that I'll just do it back and nobody can complain about it wasting time if he does it just as much. I understaind it's a freestyle league, I would just prefer 7 or 8 mins with the accellerated clock to remove that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-09-18, 23:00

I don't audible 100 times before I run a play. I may audible to a different formation or two if i hit the wrong button. I usually motion someone on every play also. Some players may take this as killing clock.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty2009-09-21, 00:43

lets be real here audibling is part of ppls game plan...adjusting to wat the defense looks like...it does get irritating if ur audbling to the same play or hot routing the same thing to create the same thing but honestly it isnt much of a big deal. ppl create lil cute plays wit hot routes its up to u to have the stick straight up...there are alsways opening in defense's so chill wit the audibling talk cus its pointless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CSOF Rules and Format   The CSOF Rules and Format Empty

Back to top Go down

The CSOF Rules and Format
Page 1 of 1