Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Fedor vs Brock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 08:31

this topic was gaining some momentum in Danny's "WHO AM I?" thread, so I figured we could keep the discussion going.

the reason Dana brought Brock to the UFC like he did, the reason Brock
got a HW title shot as early as he did, and the fact that Brock got to
fight in UFC 100 is all because Dana wants money.

Dana loves his company, especially because of all the s*** he went
through when him and the Silva brothers started it up. People doubted
them, in fact, the general public doubted and shunned them, people were
disgusted. Dana White turned the company around, and he has a chip on
his shoulder, he wants to not only prove to everyone that 'yes, i can
do it' and that MMA is an amazing sport, but he also wants to give all
of the doubters a big **** YOU..... now, Dana might not care about MMA
as much as he does MMA, but as long as he makes the right moves when
needed then it should be fine (but this whole deal with EA Sports and
THQ is some typical immature Dana White bullshit)

now Fedor, the greatest fighter on the planet, will most likely come to
the UFC (as stated by Dana). Fedor has his own MMA company though, and
he would NEVER succumb to the greedy ways of Dana White (the last
contract offer stated basically that if Fedor lost they could drop him
from the contract like a bad habit, and if Fedor won he would have to
stay in the UFC exclusively, they also wouldn't let Fedor practice in
sambo competitions, which is something he does for the pride of his
country... Fedor is a champion in and out of the ring). but i think Dana is gonna bite the bullet on this one because EVERYONE wants to see Fedor vs Brock, it HAS to happen, for the good of the sport.
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 11:07

You right EggsoverEazy. Fedor vs Brock is a must see for the sport. And it HAS to happen for the good of the sport. It WILL be very hard for FEDOR to come to the UFC. I respect Fedor's skills and he's a humble fighter. He doesn't talk trash, his fans do. But, the guy is a beast. Brock HAS never faced a fighter who is like FEDOR. Fedor has good punching power, and they say he is quick with the punches. The guy has CRAZY ground game, and this guy probably has a good 50 ways to make you TAP. He's that dangerous. I don't think Brock will be ready for FEDOR. Maybe in the physical sense, but SKILL sense, NEVER! I think FEDOR can beat that smother crap Brock tries to impose in his fights. Brock has a chance, just like many others...But realistically, the odds will be stacked high against him. It can be a good fight between the two, or FEDOR will make Brock look like a amateur. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 11:37

its gonna be sick, thats for damn sure. and Fedor has been smothered before, he's weathered it and won by submission, too. i think this fight will be no different. brock has yet to throw a huge, devestating, one punch KO like we see from so many other fighters. Fedor has that power!

would brock want to get in the stand up game with Fedor? not a chance in heaven, hell, or s*** inbetween. Brock would take that fight to the ground as soon as he had the chance. he would take half guard just like he always likes to do... and from there i see him getting kimura'd from Fedor.
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 11:50

I have been defending Brock on the UFC boards, MMA boards, and anywhere where Brock has been getting bashed and saying that Fedor will maul him. Lets look at Fedor's last six fights.

Mark Coleman (205 LBS) Win Via Armbar Round 1, well thats awesome! He beat Mark Coleman, a 44 year old guy, that lost to Shogun, and just from what everyone says barely beat Stephon Bonner. Thats great.. probably a tough fight for the great Fedor!

Mark Hunt (284 LBS) Win Via Kimura Round 1, ok I don't even want to talk about this fight because Mark Hunt should not have been in it! He's a kickboxer for God sakes not an MMA fighter. He is 30-13 as a kickboxer. MMA Record is 5-5. Also he had just lost to Josh Barnett before fighting Fedor by a Kimura.

Matt Lindland (185) Win Via Armbar Round 1, Matt a great wrestler.. 10 years ago. The dude is 39 and weighs 185, maybe 200 when he fought Fedor. So he essentially made Matt look like a washed up wrester (which if you look at it he is.) So another Tough one for Fedor.

Hong-Man Choi (330 LBS of pure retard) Win Via Armbar Round 1, not even going to get into this. The guy wrestled for New Japan Pro Wrestling. Get out of here with that s***. Yeah the guy is 7'2 but I am sorry, no. Stupid. I watched the fight and he simply got dominated like he didn't even know how to fight.

Tim Sylvia (263 LBS) Win Via Rear Naked Choke Round 1, so is anyone going to argue the fact that Tim should not have been fighting him? Anyone going to argue the fact that Sylvia is washed up (Hence why he doesn't fight in the UFC anymore) That he is out of shape, and was pretty much a joke against Fedor? No ok good.

Andrei Arlovski (245) Win Via KO Punch Round 1, Andrei Arlovski made a mistake in this fight cause I saw this as well, he jumped infront of him with his arms at his sides. With the skill Fedor has, yeah Fedor is a skilled fighter not taking that away from him. Andrei could have beat him, but got caught.

Now you look at these last six fights and where was he challened? In the last one against Arlovski, the other five fights were a joke. Especially with Fedor and his skill. He fought Three guys that may be pushing Brocks weight.. guess what, All three were out of shape. (Sylvia, Choi, Hunt) now you people want him to step into the ring with an animal. A guy that has KO power like Fedor, but also out weighs him at fight time by possibly 50 LBS at fight time, and has a 7 Inch reach advantage on him. Not only that but Brock has shown that he will throw guys Fedors size around the ring (Frank Mir, Randy, and Heath) Let me put it to you all this way. I don't care what Fedor does, he has not fought someone like Brock Lesnar, with the skill, size, and athleticism he has in my mind first round TKO win Brock Lesnar. Bye Bye Fedor, not the best anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 12:50

idesolate: Interesting comment. i see where you're coming from, but Brock fought OLD Randy Couture and beat him when Randy had a long layoff...You didn't mention that. He fought Frank Mir twice in which it was obvious Brock should of won the first time easily..Frank was never a challenge for him. And when Frank beat Minotauro, hey every squirrel finds a nut...That was Frank. Now you bring up Sylvia being out of shape and all...Randy wasn't in shape going against Brock, point blank. And you act like Fedor is small. Fedor is pushing 235 at least. Fedor has proven himself time in and time out. When PRIDE was the s***, FEDOR dominated whoever he fought most of the time. He hasn't really been pushed to the limit. Everybody knows when PRIDE existed, PRIDE had probably the BEST fighters period. You mean to tell me Fedor has NEVER fought anybody. Brock has at least 5 fights and you think he can really beat FEDOR? FEDOR wins via 1st round submission, or K.O.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 12:50

iDesolate wrote:
A guy that has KO power like Fedor, but also out weighs him at fight time by possibly 50 LBS at fight time, and has a 7 Inch reach advantage on him. Not only that but Brock has shown that he will throw guys Fedors size around the ring (Frank Mir, Randy, and Heath) Let me put it to you all this way. I don't care what Fedor does, he has not fought someone like Brock Lesnar, with the skill, size, and athleticism he has in my mind first round TKO win Brock Lesnar. Bye Bye Fedor, not the best anymore.

brock lesnar hasnt stood up with anyone so whos to say he has the KO power that Fedor has? Brock is a wrestler with the huge weight advantage and has never been trained in any kind of stand up fighting.. now i wouldnt want to get hit by him but in MMA Fedor has shown the KO power and if he can keep brock standing up hes gona KO brock and welcome him to the sport of MMA... to say that lesnar has skill when u said that someone else wasnt skilled cuz hes just a kick boxer well brock is only a wrestler and nothing else so how is he skilled and the Hunt isnt? they are both just talented at one skill of MMA so ur contradicting urself by saying Hunt should never be in the ring but we should all welcome brock in the cage... but ur right Brock is an animal and if he gets inside to take fedor down brock will smother him like everyone he has everyone else and probably KO him on the ground.. i think his size is the only thing that could help him win, i think theres no doubt in anybodys mind that fedor is a more talented MMA fighter..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 13:29

Watch the Randy Vs Brock Fight for the title and tell me Brock has not stood with anyone.
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 13:38

TheDon270 wrote:
idesolate: Interesting comment. i see where you're coming from, but Brock fought OLD Randy Couture and beat him when Randy had a long layoff...You didn't mention that. He fought Frank Mir twice in which it was obvious Brock should of won the first time easily..Frank was never a challenge for him. And when Frank beat Minotauro, hey every squirrel finds a nut...That was Frank. Now you bring up Sylvia being out of shape and all...Randy wasn't in shape going against Brock, point blank. And you act like Fedor is small. Fedor is pushing 235 at least. Fedor has proven himself time in and time out. When PRIDE was the s***, FEDOR dominated whoever he fought most of the time. He hasn't really been pushed to the limit. Everybody knows when PRIDE existed, PRIDE had probably the BEST fighters period. You mean to tell me Fedor has NEVER fought anybody. Brock has at least 5 fights and you think he can really beat FEDOR? FEDOR wins via 1st round submission, or K.O.

Your right, Fedor is pushing 235 (231 to be exact) Brock is pushing 300 WHEN HE FIGHTS! That is a 65 Lbs weight difference! Yes WHEN Pride was the s*** he was taking out top fighters in the world. I wasn't saying he was never challenged. I am saying in his last 6 fights he wasn't challenged. Yes Brock should have won, but he didn't simple as that. He got caught cause he was dumb. Sure Brock fought an old Randy, but guess what that old Randy says he can beat Fedor so whats that tell ya? Fedor is not big enough to beat Brock. I am sorry. We can argue this all day but until it happens we won't know. Though when it does and Lesnar throws him around like a rag doll, I'll be back here to say "I told you so"
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 14:07

Quote :
brock lesnar hasnt stood up with anyone so whos to say he has the KO power that Fedor has? Brock is a wrestler with the huge weight advantage and has never been trained in any kind of stand up fighting.. now i wouldnt want to get hit by him but in MMA Fedor has shown the KO power and if he can keep brock standing up hes gona KO brock and welcome him to the sport of MMA... to say that lesnar has skill when u said that someone else wasnt skilled cuz hes just a kick boxer well brock is only a wrestler and nothing else so how is he skilled and the Hunt isnt? they are both just talented at one skill of MMA so ur contradicting urself by saying Hunt should never be in the ring but we should all welcome brock in the cage... but ur right Brock is an animal and if he gets inside to take fedor down brock will smother him like everyone he has everyone else and probably KO him on the ground.. i think his size is the only thing that could help him win, i think theres no doubt in anybodys mind that fedor is a more talented MMA fighter..

Brock hasn't stood up with anyone was your first statement. Watch the Couture fight, most of it was stand up. How did he get him to the ground.. one punch.. and then pounced. Also back to Mark Hunt the guy is 30-13 as a kickboxer and 5-5 as an MMA fight.. you tell me where you think he should be..Your right Brock is a wrestler, and wrestling in MMA can take you far especially with someone his size where if he gets you on the ground your done. Your screwed especially with his size and power. Kickboxing isn't going to get you far in the MMA when you can't wrestle or do BJJ. So no I was not contradicting myself when I said that. Do some research before you tell me I am contradicting myself. (I am not trying to attack you but don't try and make me look like an idiot before you tell me whats up) Also you don't think Brock has knockout power.. seriously..? Your joking right? Because you have not seen him knock someone out your doubting the power he has in his punch.. It doesn't matter who you are, how big you are, EVERYONE has knockout power. If you catch someone on the button they are going to go down. Look at the Couture fight. He barely hit him on the side of the head (Right by the ear) and Couture dropped. So to say someone doesn't have knockout power (Especially someone his size) is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 14:13

iDesolate wrote:
TheDon270 wrote:

Your right, Fedor is pushing 235 (231 to be exact) Brock is pushing 300 WHEN HE FIGHTS! That is a 65 Lbs weight difference! Yes WHEN Pride was the s*** he was taking out top fighters in the world. I wasn't saying he was never challenged. I am saying in his last 6 fights he wasn't challenged. Yes Brock should have won, but he didn't simple as that. He got caught cause he was dumb. Sure Brock fought an old Randy, but guess what that old Randy says he can beat Fedor so whats that tell ya? Fedor is not big enough to beat Brock. I am sorry. We can argue this all day but until it happens we won't know. Though when it does and Lesnar throws him around like a rag doll, I'll be back here to say "I told you so"

i heard brock weighed in at 285 his last fight after weigh ins so you might be overexaggerating that one but i may be wrong on that fact. but none of us are saying its impossible for brock to just go out and destroy fedor but cmon he's the #1 pound for pound fighter for a reasonyou gotta at least think he's gonna win based on his resume`. fedor'sgot an all around game he can stand up fight off his back and groundand pound if he gets on top of you. brocks only strong point is hisground and pound. and i think fedors a smart enough fighter to be able to counter that and maybe tap brock out. after a while brocks gotta learn something other that just pounding the guy while he's on top of him. strength can only get you so far in MMA if you got nothing else to go with it
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 14:16

I didn't say he was 300 LBS I said he was pushing it (285 is pushing it) yes your right Fedor can win this fight. I only see him winning it if Brock screws up. Fedor is a good fighter I said I am not taking anything away from him. I don't think he can beat Brock Lesnar though. I feel he is just to strong, and his wrestling is too good. I would love to see Brock, go in there take him to the ground and submit him. That would be great to see the submission expert Fedor get submitted. Though, most likely he won't he'll just beat his head in.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 14:25

iDesolate wrote:
I didn't say he was 300 LBS I said he was pushing it (285 is pushing it) yes your right Fedor can win this fight. I only see him winning it if Brock screws up. Fedor is a good fighter I said I am not taking anything away from him. I don't think he can beat Brock Lesnar though. I feel he is just to strong, and his wrestling is too good. I would love to see Brock, go in there take him to the ground and submit him. That would be great to see the submission expert Fedor get submitted. Though, most likely he won't he'll just beat his head in.
thats the thing with brock i dont think he even has a submission game. if he could get that guillotine or that rear naked choke he's be a beast but he's not a technical fighter at this point so he relies solely on his strength hopin he could knock somebody out. but if fedor can weather that ass beating like mir did in the first fight he'll win that fight no doubt
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty2009-07-19, 14:56

idesolate wrote:
Sure Brock fought an old Randy, but guess what that old Randy says he can beat Fedor so whats that tell ya? Fedor is not big enough to beat Brock. I am sorry. We can argue this all day but until it happens we won't know. Though when it does and Lesnar throws him around like a rag doll, I'll be back here to say "I told you so"

Your entitled to your beliefs and all..Its cool...Fedor is big enough to beat Brock. He might not have Brock's strength, but he is still capable of dimming Brock's lights, and making him TAP. I don't see Brock throwing around FEDOR. FEDOR will be ready for Brock's strength, because Brock is One-Dimensional. It will be easy for FEDOR to prep a excellent gameplan for Brock....His skills are so good, he can USE Brock's strength against him to benefit, in which most likely, he will make BROCK TAP out. And Old Randy said he can beat Fedor, so you believe him? I can reassure you that if the same Randy who fought Brock, fought FEDOR, FEDOR would have assassinated Randy, and have him in a pinebox in front of Dana's Office...LOL....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fedor vs Brock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Brock   Fedor vs Brock Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs Brock
Page 1 of 1