Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!

Go down 
+3
tuki94
Fudopi is That Dude
Ketcham While They're Hot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty
PostSubject: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-22, 23:59

The Boston Celtics appear willing to make major roster changes to balance a chance for a championship run and future financial flexibility.

The Celtics offered Ray Allen(notes) and Rajon Rondo(notes) to the Detroit Pistons for a package that included Richard Hamilton(notes), Tayshaun Prince(notes) and Rodney Stuckey(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Boston general manager Danny Ainge and Detroit’s Joe Dumars never
spoke, but rather the Celtics had a lower-level executive make the
pitch to a Pistons official over the past weekend, league sources said.
Detroit immediately rejected the idea, and it never advanced to the two
top executives speaking about particulars.

This isn’t an uncommon occurrence for a GM like Ainge to dispatch an
underling to make that kind of a call, if for no other reason to give
the top executive some level of deniability that he’s shopping his
stars.

This isn’t the first
time that Allen, a six-time All-Star, has been mentioned in trade talks
this summer. Allen, who will soon turn 34, has an expiring contract of
nearly $20 million, for next season. Rondo, 24, a rapidly developing
point guard, has been publically termed off-limits by Ainge in trade
discussion this summer. Nevertheless, his name found a way into this
conversation. Rondo averaged 11.9 points, 8.2 assists and 5.2 rebounds
in the regular season, and had three triple-doubles in the Celtics’
playoff run this season.

Boston is unlikely to re-sign Allen to a long-term extension next
summer, and there is belief around the league that the Celtics have
hesitancy about committing a long-term, expensive contract to Rondo.

There has been some friction with Rondo, largely based on maturity.
No issues with him are insurmountable, but Ainge has never minded
shopping ideas around the league.

Nevertheless, it’s hard to imagine a
deal that Boston could do with these two players that would give them a
chance to stay a championship contender around Kevin Garnett(notes) and Paul Pierce(notes).

For the Pistons, this deal makes little sense, unless they wanted to
let Allen’s expiring deal gain even more salary cap space for the
free-agent class of 2010. The idea of trading his three best returners
for an expiring contract and one good young player wasn’t worth
considering for Dumars, sources said.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 00:04

thank god...

Hamilton and Prince are pretty much the base of our team, and stuckey is the future of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 08:08

that would be so sick if that were to happen
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 12:57

pistons shot it down super quick when the celtics offered it and its not going to happen.. i wish it did but its not.. the more interesting deal that the celtics could make that might actually happen is trading bill walker and kendrick perkins to memphis for the #2 overall pick and there they would take Hasheem Thabeet most likely.. but the celtics are tired of rondo in the lockerroom from what i hear.. he is all about himself and he wants to be bigger then the team so dont think the celtics are gona keep him just because his success on the court in the playoffs.. it looks like danny ainge is on a mission to get another young pg in return for rondo but it looks like he may be on a mission to trade rondo out of boston soon..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 14:16

yeah rondo's good but i think he's too cocky. i think the celtics would be able to pick up a high lottery pick and another pick for him if thats what they choose to do. ricky rubio would be perfect fit for the celtics imo
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 14:58

devo408 wrote:
yeah rondo's good but i think he's too cocky. i think the celtics would be able to pick up a high lottery pick and another pick for him if thats what they choose to do. ricky rubio would be perfect fit for the celtics imo

celtics arent interested in rubio.. the only 2 people they are interested in for this years draft at the top of the draft board is hasheem thabeet and Tyreke Evans.. Although if rondo was dealt for a high draft pick instead of the perkins and walker deal i talked about already im sure the celtics would be forced to take rubio to replace rondo..
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 15:26

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

celtics arent interested in rubio.. the only 2 people they are interested in for this years draft at the top of the draft board is hasheem thabeet and Tyreke Evans.. Although if rondo was dealt for a high draft pick instead of the perkins and walker deal i talked about already im sure the celtics would be forced to take rubio to replace rondo..

yeah i doubt they would pick him but if they were to trade rondo rubio would be the best replacment hes the best pg in the draft. tyreke evans is more of a 2 in the nba than a point guard
Back to top Go down
XCHOCOLATE MIKEX
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 15:31

i cant believe the celtics are considering trading rondo they are so high on how good he is.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 16:13

devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

yeah i doubt they would pick him but if they were to trade rondo rubio would be the best replacment hes the best pg in the draft. tyreke evans is more of a 2 in the nba than a point guard

yea i feel u on that rubio would be the best replacment but if ray allen is traded in the deal then we have to replace the 2 spot as well and thats where tyreke evans would fit in.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 16:16

XCHOCOLATE MIKEX wrote:
i cant believe the celtics are considering trading rondo they are so high on how good he is.

the celtics arent trying to trade rondo cuz of what hes done on the court.. they love him and think hes gona be an all-star caliber pg, their problem with him is hes got a big head and hes cocky and they feel multiple times in the locker room he has put himself and his accomplishments ahead of the team and thats not what the celtics are about..
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 17:18

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

yea i feel u on that rubio would be the best replacment but if ray allen is traded in the deal then we have to replace the 2 spot as well and thats where tyreke evans would fit in.

good point but if they did trade rondo they would have that covered because they would hopefully get a lottery pick and either another player in return or another draft pick because rondo is too good for anything less. but dont forget tony allen if he could stay healty i think he could evolve in to a trevor ariza type player
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 18:07

devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

good point but if they did trade rondo they would have that covered because they would hopefully get a lottery pick and either another player in return or another draft pick because rondo is too good for anything less. but dont forget tony allen if he could stay healty i think he could evolve in to a trevor ariza type player

i dont know about that one devo... i absolutely hate tony allen, everytime he came in the game this past season there was a -8 point slump at least.. i think tony allen need out of boston before boston fans kill him! haha i wish that he would go to the lakers cuz i think he sucks so bad and would hurt the lakers!! ur right on for what we would get in return for rondo though, itll have to be a lottery pick and some kind of role player.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-23, 23:15

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:

i dont know about that one devo... i absolutely hate tony allen, everytime he came in the game this past season there was a -8 point slump at least.. i think tony allen need out of boston before boston fans kill him! haha i wish that he would go to the lakers cuz i think he sucks so bad and would hurt the lakers!! ur right on for what we would get in return for rondo though, itll have to be a lottery pick and some kind of role player.

haha well thats cuz he's always gettin hurt! but the dudes got major upside he's long and athletic he's not a guy to depend on but he could be a nice role player. but i dont know why they would trade ray allen the guys contract is expirin and this point in his career he wouldnt get much in return in a trade
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-24, 00:39

Demar DeRozan is going to be the best pro IMO. Rondo is already a top 5 point guard and still can develop a shot. I guess no one saw the T'Wolves trade.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-24, 01:41

LiL MooReR wrote:
Demar DeRozan is going to be the best pro IMO. Rondo is already a top 5 point guard and still can develop a shot. I guess no one saw the T'Wolves trade.
i saw that wolves FTW!! they can either get alot of talen with those 4 picks or trade and move up to pick up ricky rubio...which i think is gonna happen imo
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-24, 15:28

devo408 wrote:
LiL MooReR wrote:
i saw that wolves FTW!! they can either get alot of talen with those 4 picks or trade and move up to pick up ricky rubio...which i think is gonna happen imo

the article i read said they are not willing to give up 5 and 6 they to move up but they are willing to give up 5 or 6 and the 18th pick to move up to number 2 to get rubio and then they would get another potential star player at 5 or 6 and that could be a deadly team in the future dont for get they have Al Jefferson who was turning into a star before he had a season ending injury.. put two more younsters with him and a few years down the road the Twolves could be pretty good team that you wouldnt want to mess with.
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty2009-06-24, 23:18

BOSTN BEANER wrote:
devo408 wrote:
LiL MooReR wrote:

the article i read said they are not willing to give up 5 and 6 they to move up but they are willing to give up 5 or 6 and the 18th pick to move up to number 2 to get rubio and then they would get another potential star player at 5 or 6 and that could be a deadly team in the future dont for get they have Al Jefferson who was turning into a star before he had a season ending injury.. put two more younsters with him and a few years down the road the Twolves could be pretty good team that you wouldnt want to mess with.

yeah man i saw that too but while i agree they need a point guard that position is pretty deep
so i think they could get that later in the draft. i think they should package the five and 18 picks to move up to the two or three spot and pick up hasheem thabeet which would allow jefferson to move back to the pf spot where he is most dominant. and then with the 6th pick they could pick up a point guard. thats the best case scenario for the wolves imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!   How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?! Empty

Back to top Go down

How crazy would it have been if this trade would have gone down?!
Page 1 of 1