Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Intended reciever

Go down 
+11
CHEECH
Fudgy
XXL NDG
iLLxEaGLeSx10
cushy23
BOSTN BEANER
bigbuddah
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
tuki94
TEViN-BRADFORD
*34DoubleTrouble28*
15 posters
AuthorMessage
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-21, 15:21

Do you guys ppick a reciever before the play and lock on to him? or does anyone actually read the coverage? im having problems on o, and i think im locking on the reciever when i shouldnt.
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-21, 15:22

my b meant to put this in o strategy
Back to top Go down
TEViN-BRADFORD
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-21, 16:25

i do that a lot to but its usually when im losin and frustrated but you should try to make your reads pre snap as far as determining if your opp is blitzing and from where and if hes in man or zone and look at the mismatches on the field for example andre johnson on anthony henry you know you can just burn him 9/10 times
Back to top Go down
tuki94
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
tuki94

Number of posts : 1265
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-21, 16:50

wat i usually do is have my first, second, and sometimes third option in my head. then all u have to do is figure out the coverage they are in. but never say to yourself "im goin to pass it to a certain reciever no matter what coverage the defense is in".
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-21, 17:54

as far as the mismatches... i play with the panthers and 1 on 1 steve smith can burn anyone but in madden i cant get a streak to him. its probably his height but this is something i want to be changed in madden 10.

as far as the coverages, cover two is easy but who plays cov. two? cov.3 is a bit more difficult, i like the dig route against cov.3 but there is usually a blitz not giving me time to hit the route.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 01:35

*34DoubleTrouble28* wrote:
as far as the mismatches... i play with the panthers and 1 on 1 steve smith can burn anyone but in madden i cant get a streak to him. its probably his height but this is something i want to be changed in madden 10.

as far as the coverages, cover two is easy but who plays cov. two? cov.3 is a bit more difficult, i like the dig route against cov.3 but there is usually a blitz not giving me time to hit the route.

if they changed that for madden 10 then someone could kill someone just throwiwng streaks to fast recievers....thats not right
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 03:51

i call my plays according to field position and wat i do is look at alignment...if i call a play for C3 i usually look at 1 wr to help me determine the coverage then since i kno my plays thoroughly i can go to the correct wr...for instance i run a TE slant to the sideline instead of middle now i look at the lb then safety then corner to see where ima go that usually helps me jus cut 1 side of the field off.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 06:05

i personally read the D... i can read most D before i snap the ball.. well i can read whether or not its a zone or man D.. if its zone i read it before my qb takes two steps backwards haha... if its man i know before i snap the ball... once i read the D i know who to go to, if its man coverage i have a crossing route thats ALWAYS open on every play.. if u read my NE PB breakdown u will realize i have a crossing route on every play and thats for man blitzs... crossing routes kill them and crossing routes kill blitzs too!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 08:08

iTz Unr3al wrote:

if they changed that for madden 10 then someone could kill someone just throwiwng streaks to fast recievers....thats not right

i understand what your saying but realistically in the nfl, you have to double guys like smith, moss, fitz or they will burn you. maybe if a shutdown corner is one on one with smith id understand but an overall of 85 one on one with steve smith that should be td all day.
Back to top Go down
cushy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
cushy23

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-07

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 16:06

iTz Unr3al wrote:

i understand what your saying but realistically in the nfl, you have to double guys like smith, moss, fitz or they will burn you. maybe if a shutdown corner is one on one with smith id understand but an overall of 85 one on one with steve smith that should be td all day.

the nice thing about madden 10 is that you will be able to assign defenders to offensive players so this shouldnt be a problem
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 17:14

that brings back the ps2 days sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl.com
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 18:22

yeah from wat i hear madden 10 is the ps2 version on steriods haha the play call screen looks like ps2 user catching is back to ps2 all the feature they did on ps2 they are figuring out how to do it on nex gen FINALLY
Back to top Go down
XXL NDG
New MS Member
New MS Member
XXL NDG

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 20:57

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^
Back to top Go down
Fudgy
Fudgy

Number of posts : 4368
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 20:58

so are the controls different?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jakelee75
XXL NDG
New MS Member
New MS Member
XXL NDG

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-06-17

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 21:07

idk but i wouldnt mind seeing turbo going back to A on both sides of the ball. along with swat and strip being LB
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-22, 21:15

dang man this gets me jacked up for some madden 10!
Back to top Go down
CHEECH
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-29, 17:03

iTz Unr3al wrote:

That's probably why steve smith averages 10 touchdowns per game and never fails to get a touchdown when he does a streak against an average corner...oh wait...
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-06-29, 17:41

I always find myself coming up to the LOS saying look at your options but when hike the ball and i get under pressure i tend to just go to my #1 reciever which in my case is/was T.O and Witten. They seemed to always be covered which were easy picks for the Def. I need to work on this for 10!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-07-04, 19:15

I love the control figuration on the next gen, I think it's way better than it used to be. I like R2 for sprint because it keeps your thumb so much more free to stiff arm and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-07-31, 00:05

Have your first, second, and third, sometimes even fourth option in your head pre-snap, the coverage will determine who you throw to. good luck
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty2009-07-31, 01:10

tuki94 wrote:
wat i usually do is have my first, second, and sometimes third option in my head. then all u have to do is figure out the coverage they are in. but never say to yourself "im goin to pass it to a certain reciever no matter what coverage the defense is in".

that's what I do...

Like, I think about what routes work the best on that play, and then I sort of order them which one I look at going by how they work out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Sponsored content

Intended reciever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intended reciever   Intended reciever Empty

Back to top Go down

Intended reciever
Page 1 of 1