Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway

Go down 
+2
BAKNAFEK88
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty
PostSubject: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-06-14, 08:46

JJ Stokes was the 10th overall pick in the 1st round for the Niners
in 1995. Crabtree became the 10th overall pick in the first round for
the Niners this year in 2009. They were both absolue monsters in
college...with question marks about how their RAC abilities would
translate to the NFL.

That same season, 1995, Joey Galloway was
the #8 overall pick. He was coming off a season in which he managed
only 44 catches for 669 yards, and 7 TD's (decreased production from
his junior campaign). People questioned the decision to take him ahead
of Stokes, because Stokes had a record breaking career at UCLA,
tallying 17 TD's in a season, along with 263 yards in one game against
USC, and was a leading heisman candidate. Stokes had also battled
injuries, slightly hurting his status as a prospect.

Galloway
never put up 1,000 yards in a season in college. He was seen as a pure
speed guy. Stokes put up huge numbers, and was touted as the next
Michael Irvin.

Sound familiar?

Well, JJ Stokes finished
his career with 4,000 receiving yards and 30 TD's. Galloway is still in
the NFL, has amassed almost 11,000 receiving yards, and 77 career TD's,
and is on his way to the Hall of Fame. I'd say Galloway was the right
choice.

So when those Niner fans go talking trash...don't forget to tell them to have fun with the next JJ Stokes crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Wink
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-06-14, 21:42

Get real man. Ok so just because there were two wrs that were selected in similar spots, the same thing will happen again in Crabtree and DHB. Past draft boards have nothing to do with what will happen from this year's draft. The fact of the matter is that DHB and Crabtree are two different wrs than Joey Galloway and JJ Stokes. I guess JaMarcus Russell will be a bust because a while ago another big strong armed QB named Ryan Leaf was selected 2nd in the draft and ended up being a bust. Sounds about as dumb as the JJ Stokes/Galloway idea. Oh, and at least JJ Stokes scored a TD in the playoffs for the team that drafted him. Galloway never even smelled the playoffs with the Seahawks. Not saying JJ STokes was better than Galloway though.

It is really funny how you stupid Raiders fans try to make Crabtree out to be a bust just because AL Davis passed on him. It is really simple, Crabtree didn't fit the downfield passing system that the Raiders use. DHB is a better fit for the Raiders and he will do well. Crabtree is a good fit for the Niners and he will do well also. It is that simple.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.LUCKYHANDSTICKETS.COM
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-06-14, 23:10

good point there but russel was drafted 1st overall not 2nd which your example stated... just sayin
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-06-14, 23:53

DHB = charles rogers cept he wasnt that great in college
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-06-15, 06:10

BAKNAFEK88 wrote:
Get real man. Ok so just because there were two wrs that were selected in similar spots, the same thing will happen again in Crabtree and DHB. Past draft boards have nothing to do with what will happen from this year's draft. The fact of the matter is that DHB and Crabtree are two different wrs than Joey Galloway and JJ Stokes. I guess JaMarcus Russell will be a bust because a while ago another big strong armed QB named Ryan Leaf was selected 2nd in the draft and ended up being a bust. Sounds about as dumb as the JJ Stokes/Galloway idea. Oh, and at least JJ Stokes scored a TD in the playoffs for the team that drafted him. Galloway never even smelled the playoffs with the Seahawks. Not saying JJ STokes was better than Galloway though.

It is really funny how you stupid Raiders fans try to make Crabtree out to be a bust just because AL Davis passed on him. It is really simple, Crabtree didn't fit the downfield passing system that the Raiders use. DHB is a better fit for the Raiders and he will do well. Crabtree is a good fit for the Niners and he will do well also. It is that simple.
the point of this thread wasnt 2 call crabtree a bust it was mostly stating how wrong the so called experts are.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-06-15, 21:42

I think DHB would be fine if he went to a team other than the Raiders, Oakland is where talent goes to die. But they could still prove me wrong they did seem to be turning the corner at the end of the season maybe they can keep that going into 09. I think Crabbtree will be fine I don't know if he is going to be dominant but we will see never know with those Texas Tech boys how they will pan out in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-06-15, 22:51

DaTBa1LHaWK wrote:
good point there but russel was drafted 1st overall not 2nd which your example stated... just sayin

I AM ONLY GONNA TELL YOU THIS ONE TIME SON, READING IS FUNDAMENTAL IF YOU WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS SITE. That being said, look at my post again and you will see that I did say that Russell was drafted 1st and Ryan Leaf was draffted 2nd.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.LUCKYHANDSTICKETS.COM
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty2009-07-30, 14:36

BAKNAFEK88 Wrote:

I guess JaMarcus Russell will be a bust because a while ago another big strong armed QB named Ryan Leaf was selected 2nd in the draft and ended up being a bust. Sounds about as dumb as the JJ Stokes/Galloway idea. Oh, and at least JJ Stokes scored a TD in the playoffs for the team that drafted him. Galloway never even smelled the playoffs with the Seahawks. Not saying JJ STokes was better than Galloway though.

I AM ONLY GONNA TELL YOU THIS ONE TIME SON, READING IS FUNDAMENTAL IF YOU WANT TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS SITE. That being said, look at my post again and you will see that I did say that Russell was drafted 1st and Ryan Leaf was draffted 2nd.

So in the above statements you left, you NEVER once said Jamarcus was drafted 1st!! READING IS FUNDAMENTAL, huh? Then apply it to yourself. You only brought up about Ryan Leaf being drafted 2nd, and you can't even compare the two QB's cause they were different QB's playing in a different system. Its funny for you dumb Niner fans to assume that CRABS will be your savior..No way. He'll be a bust just like Mike Williams. And thats the reason why RAIDER fans think CRABS will be a bust, not because AL passed on him. One more thing for you too. CRABS is a system WR. And the Niner's offensive scheme WILL NOT GET CRABS THE STATS HE USED TO HAVE. His career is going down the drain at San Fran. Watch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway   crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway Empty

Back to top Go down

crabtree the next jj stokes dhb = galloway
Page 1 of 1