Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Senate trying to change the BCS

Go down 
+2
beeman999
bigbuddah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Senate trying to change the BCS Empty
PostSubject: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-01, 14:41

I am totally put off by this idea. The US senate and/or federal court is no place for college football. here is the story from ESPM.com:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4121294

I really do not understand why college football is in the situation they are in. I agree partially with everyone wanting to change the BCS system. They should expand the automatic bids to non BCS conference teams so teams such as boise st. and utah can compete when they go undefeated. The senate should not be looking to change college football. College football is a showcase for the NFL and the talent in mid major schools is can not compete with the talent in conferences such as the SEC, ACC, and Big 12. Leave federal court and the senate to make laws about speeding, dogfighting, and steriods. There is no reason for college football's procedures to be in the mouth of senators and lawmakers about change and leave it up to the real football analyst, fans, and schools. Every system needs a little tweeking but the suites at D.C. need to sit down and handle things like steriods that do not need to be in supreme court either.

YOUR THOUGHTS............
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-02, 16:37

i dnt kno bout yall but this really bothers me...if i could i would go to the senate wit picket signs and express my frustration with the govt trying to change a sport...they can focus on other s*** like schools, the economy, this "war", crime something caus tryn to change wat a sport does is rediculous...if u wanna change a sport go for s*** like bs horse racing, auto racing, make street racing legal haha, legalize weed first, legalize a safe way to dog fight, crack down on strong drugs like coke and heroin...something besides changing a sport that needs no changing specially interference from the govt wen i kno those bastards dont even watch college football.
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-02, 21:18

well said buddah. i heard this on radio and i was like what the ****?? i want it changed but the fucken govt have no right in there. they should work on the fucken economy before they **** with college football. and if they gonna help wit football make it so the lions dont have to have any more blackouts next year. this is just not your place to mess with. let the college football commishioners decide thats their job not yours
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-02, 23:40

For real, I could understand if we were in a great economy, not fighting a war, school systems were perfect along with a flawless way of free health car, the war on drugs and terror were done, certain policies were fixed, etc.

But none of that is true...

Don't they have better things to do than worry about the BCS?

Plus I like the BCS anyways...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-02, 23:54

i think the BCS is set up so all the same schools basically get all the big recognition every year. it makes it harder for some schools to get bowl games.... which means you're fucking with people's money. bowl games can bring your school a lot of cash, and its not fair that some schools dont have an equal chance to make one.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-03, 01:37

yeah thats wat needs to be tweeked about the system...im not saying that i agree with the bcs ranking system but i do agree with the playoff system because of this very fact...i agree non bcs teams have a super hard time getting in a major bowls unless they go undefeated caus of conference and schedule and competition. i agree with the fact that they should have an equal oppurtunity in making a bowl game BUT that would means that teams such as lets say boise st and utah (respectively) match up wit the power schools such as SEC USC UT and other Big 12 teams and i dont believe they can year in and year out...what will fix this problem is those teams that have done well in recent yeaers such as those boise st utah and hawaii teams to move to a bigger and better conference in order to be considered bcs teams....BUT im getting off subject here there is no freakin way the govt should even be thinking of this when it does not affect the majority of the the population.
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-03, 14:17

Don't worry about it fellas. Nothing is going to happen...Basically it was the one of the Reps from TX trying to get some more votes back home because of what happened to UT last year. There were only 2 other House Reps that attended and usually when they have these hearings its standing room only but this one was hella empty. So besides this idiot no one in the House of Reps is taking this seriously...
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-05-04, 14:20

i really hope they are not. i heard that someone from utah like a lawyer or the DA there was looking into the BCS to see if it was breaking any constitutional rights. like be real man. no knock on OBAMA, but wen he said he would like to see the ncaa go to a playoff ppl started going ape-s*** like something was wrong with it. those few guys should have there senate seats replaced with someone who is actually there to make change for the ppl as a whole.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonChaos
New MS Member
New MS Member
CrimsonChaos

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty2009-07-29, 21:18

TO BE HONEST I THINK ITS BS THERE ARE WAY TO MANY THING TO WORRIE ABOUT THEN A SOUR TEXAS SENETOR TRYING TO CHANGE THIS CRAP ITS GREAT THE WAY IT IS I SAY IF THE MID LEVEL WANT TO PLAY BCS GAMES THEN PLAY BCS TEAM FRESNO ST PLAYS BIG SCHOOLS WHY CANT UTAH OR BOSIE SHOW THE VOTERS YOU CAN BEAT BIG TEAM LOOK AT HAWAII THE WENT UNDEFTED AND GOT STOMPED BY UGA ITS OF IF YOU WHIP ON WAC AND MAC TEAMS PLAY ACC TEAMS AND BIG 12 TEAMS THEN WE CAN TALK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senate trying to change the BCS   Senate trying to change the BCS Empty

Back to top Go down

Senate trying to change the BCS
Page 1 of 1