Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Harry Kalas

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Harry Kalas Empty
PostSubject: Harry Kalas   Harry Kalas Empty2009-04-13, 17:21

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090413&content_id=4249036&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

We lost a great man today. Harry Kalas, long time Philadelphia Phillies announcer died today. He was in Washington DC for the 3:00 Phillies Vs. Nationals game, setting up for the game today, and at some point was found, passed out in the Press Box. He was pronounced dead at 1:20 PM today. It seems only fitting that he died doing what he loved to do, his job. Everyone loved Harry, he always had a smile on his face, and never talked bad about the players. He will be greatly missed by not only Phillies fans, but baseball fans.

Thank you for the Memories Harry, you will forever be missed. R.I.P.

"The 3-0 pitch swing an a long drive there it is number 500 the career number 500th home run for Michael Jack Schmidt" - Mike Schmidts 500th Home Run against the Pirates.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS Struck him out The Philadelphia Phillies are 2008 World Champions of Baseball!!!" - The Final Pitch of the 2008 World Series. Harry's final Big one..

"65,000 plus on their feet here at Veterans Stadium. The Tugger needs one more...Swing and a miss! Yes, he struck him out! Yes, they did it! The Phillies are world champions! World champions of baseball! It's pandemonium at Veterans Stadium! All of the fans are on their feet. This city has come together behind a baseball team!...Phillies are world champions! This city knows it! This city loves it!" - 1980 World Series

I got to see Harry last Wednesday when I went to the game. I saw him throw out the first pitch, and what was ultimately his last pitch. Sad day for the Phillies, and baseball.

Once again Harry, thank you for the 39 Years of Memories. You will be missed.. Phillies Baseball will NEVER be the same.

Harry Kalas Broadcasting Highlights.

-3 World Series.

-7 NLCS

-All 548 of Mike Schmidts Home Runs

-6 No hitters

-All of Hall of Famer Steve Carlton's starts from 1972 to 1986, including his Cy Young award-winning seasons in 1972, 1977, 1980 and 1982.

-Pete Rose's 3,631st career hit on August 10, 1981 vs the Cardinals, breaking Stan Musial's National League record.

-Don Wilson's 18 strikeouts in 1968 vs the Reds, as well as Steve Carlton and Curt Schilling's 16 strikeout efforts in 1982 vs the Cubs and 1997 vs the Yankees respectively.

-The last two cycles hit in Phillies club history: Gregg Jefferies on August 25, 1995 vs the Dodgers and David Bell on June 28, 2004 vs the Expos.

-All 38 games of Jimmy Rollins' club record hitting streak (2005-06).

-All of (NL MVP) Ryan Howard's franchise record 58 home runs in 2006.

-Chase Utley's first major league hit - a grand slam on April 24, 2003 vs the Rockies.
The Opening of the Astrodome, The Vet (Veterans Stadium) and Citizens Bank Park.

He's had one hell of a career.. and I can for one say I am upset and sad to see him go.

"That ball is OUTTA HERE!"

It's only fitting that today, so far in the Nationals game the Phillies lead 7-4 with the help of 3 Home Runs by Shane Victorino, Ryan Howard, and Raul Ibanez.

Thank you Harry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com

Harry Kalas
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: General News :: Sports Talk :: Other Sports :: MLB-
Jump to: