Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

New to the site

Go down 
+4
W A V Y D R E
Ketcham While They're Hot
moss81
El Dawg
8 posters
AuthorMessage
El Dawg
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-06

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-09, 13:28

Good morning to all,
I'm new to the site and I find it very informative. Picked up a PS3 and Madden 09 for christmas I haven't played Madden since 03 PS2 daze. Its very responsive to your plays and players. I have problems reading defenses, would sending a man in motion will till me what defense they're in? ( at least the strong side and man to man?) I've played on line twice and got blown out to the point where the opponent was showing me his audible call!!!!! My friend plays a pass happy NE team, should you stay in the dime and nickle? How can you blitz him from those setups? or is it advisable to?
thanks.
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-09, 17:08

a way to read a defense is if u motion a man and someone follows him the entire way then they are in man.

if when the defense breaks from the huddle and the 2 safteys go straight back and to the sidelines then they are in cover 2.

if one of the safeties runs twoard the line of scrimmage then they are in cover 3
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-09, 17:12

moss81 wrote:
a way to read a defense is if u motion a man and someone follows him the entire way then they are in man.

if when the defense breaks from the huddle and the 2 safteys go straight back and to the sidelines then they are in cover 2.

if one of the safeties runs twoard the line of scrimmage then they are in cover 3

I always do it anyway, but I've always wondered if showing blitz helps hide what formation you're in...Obviously, it won't make a difference if you motion a wide receiver to see if they're in man, but does it make a difference in telling what type of cover 2,3,4 scheme you're in??
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-09, 17:39

El Dawg wrote:
Good morning to all,
I'm new to the site and I find it very informative. Picked up a PS3 and Madden 09 for christmas I haven't played Madden since 03 PS2 daze. Its very responsive to your plays and players. I have problems reading defenses, would sending a man in motion will till me what defense they're in? ( at least the strong side and man to man?) I've played on line twice and got blown out to the point where the opponent was showing me his audible call!!!!! My friend plays a pass happy NE team, should you stay in the dime and nickle? How can you blitz him from those setups? or is it advisable to?
thanks.

lol my bad said good morning

and it was lunch time .. but anyways

welcome to madden school

ye u got it for defensive.. just motion any WR and soon as a man moves with him its man

and if he doesnt its zone

if u friend loves to stay in the GUN notice how long he waits to pass and blitz the saids he

tends to rollout on.. u can also stunt ur line to get pressure as well

ex. pinch line .. crash out

if u need more help just tell us what d playbook u run with and ull get more help
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-09, 17:50

there are a few keys to knowing wat coverage your opponent is in...obviously the easiest way to see if they are in man in motion BUT then u are giving away your passing...the best thing to do for now is to in practice mode and pick cover 2,3, and and 4 for the defense and watch to see where the safties go obviously the safety count is the coverage they are in...then after that tell the defense to blitz u to see the gaps left in a cover 3 blitz and so on...the most popular coverage online is cover 3
if your friend plays with the pats try and send corners after him and make sure u lock up moss...ppl who play with them usually look for him first and that may buy your corners time to get there...they dont need too much time...other then that the only way to blitz someone who plays like that is to send too much pressure or dont blitz at all send 6 even 7 blitzers and someone will come free before they make up there mind

hope that helps
Back to top Go down
BoSpOrTsFaN
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
BoSpOrTsFaN

Number of posts : 1624
Registration date : 2008-08-06

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-09, 18:19

welcome and stay active.
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-09, 22:06

welcome man, stick around and ur game will elevate faster than u could imagine.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty2009-02-10, 01:24

welcome to the best madden site on the web bruh! enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the site Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the site   New to the site Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the site
Page 1 of 1