Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer

Go down 
+7
Ketcham While They're Hot
xxkareem1xx
chrisc2006
Crunk
bigbuddah
Militant X 1
Hormel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty
PostSubject: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-06, 16:02

So should everyone from the "steroid era" Everyone was on the stuff it was survival of the fittest. Everyone from this era should go into the hall of fame with no *, you can't take "only the clean" people from this era because there is no way you can prove someone was clean.
I dont care how big you get, how many steroids you take, nothing will help you hit a curve ball
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 01:39

Hormel wrote:
I dont care how big you get, how many steroids you take, nothing will help you hit a curve ball

^^^^^^ Now here is a man that has a revelation!
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 02:15

LOOK...steriods dont mean s*** in any sport except track and field and maybe swimming...individual sports. they mean absolutely nothing in team based sports in my opinion. barry bonds and mark macguire belong in the hall of fame and they wont caus ppl are hating. steriods dont magically slow the ball down for u or help u identify a pitch. that takes skill and as far as im concerned them 2 plus sammy sosa are the best ball strikers the game has seen in a long time. now baseball players use steriods caus of there rediculously long schedule they play so if baseball wants to do anything about it how bout decrease the number of games those guys play..i mean seriously over 100 fuckin games not counting best of 7 playoff games like are serious with only like a 2 or 3 month lay off...look steriods is a bad thing ok but lets look at wat it does and doesnt do..yes u get big as **** but it doesnt help u hit the ball or hit ppl in football or jump higher in basketball...wat steriods does is give u that last .03 second time difference in the 100m or 200m or 400m..steriods gives u that extra 6 inches in the shotput 5 feet in discus and hammer so **** the records for baseball and let these guys get in the hall of fame for 2 things and thats ball striking and homeruns
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 04:02

Steroids help build muscles and who ever used it obviously wanted an advantage. Therefor, I would not allow them into the HOF.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 04:36

TheCrunkologyst wrote:
Steroids help build muscles and who ever used it obviously wanted an advantage. Therefor, I would not allow them into the HOF.

i also agree with that...the hall of fame is for ppl who represent the game to the fullest in the most respective way and taking steriods is cheating...look i hate baseball but i also recognize the fact that these guys hit the hell out of baseballs and i jus dont see steriods helping them hit the ball at all and if they arent in the hall of fame then thats caus the ppl with the vote say they tarnished baseball and i agree...
now this shouldnt be in the fucking supreme courts and s*** either tho like seriously taking baseball players to court for steriods is like taking someone to supreme court for having weed in there system...this is totally a non government situation and its the govt taking these players to court...y is the govt hoping into the sports world wen they havent found ben lladen o ugly ass tell me that...y is the govt in the sports world wen they late to new orleans for katrina...y is the govt in sports wen we dont have a universal health system...y is the govt in the sports world wen they not in the economy or found a cure for cancer and aids man i say **** the govt caus them fuckers got they hand in the wrong pot and need to get to more important things like taking dick chainey and george bush to fuckin court fa ruining a country how bout them apples...this issue of purjury wouldnt be there if the govt had put its foot in its mouth in the first place and let these sports handle s*** on there own...caus if the motor companys can get billions of dollars i kno a young brotha like myself can get some free education right Laughing haha guess not... haha thanks america rude america
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 04:44

I wouldn't allow them in the HOF either. I don't think they were taking the steroids just for recovery purposes. Obviously they wanted to be stronger and faster(attributes you need in baseball). Yeah steroids can't make a hitter hit a 100 mph fastball. Just the long season alone should ware a player down. A hitter shouldn't be able to hit homeruns all season long. He is a cheater and ruined the integrity of the game.
Back to top Go down
xxkareem1xx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xxkareem1xx

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 05:03

bom i say hall of famer
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 05:03

bigbuddah wrote:
TheCrunkologyst wrote:

i also agree with that...the hall of fame is for ppl who represent the game to the fullest in the most respective way and taking steriods is cheating...look i hate baseball but i also recognize the fact that these guys hit the hell out of baseballs and i jus dont see steriods helping them hit the ball at all and if they arent in the hall of fame then thats caus the ppl with the vote say they tarnished baseball and i agree...
now this shouldnt be in the fucking supreme courts and s*** either tho like seriously taking baseball players to court for steriods is like taking someone to supreme court for having weed in there system...this is totally a non government situation and its the govt taking these players to court...y is the govt hoping into the sports world wen they havent found ben lladen o ugly ass tell me that...y is the govt in the sports world wen they late to new orleans for katrina...y is the govt in sports wen we dont have a universal health system...y is the govt in the sports world wen they not in the economy or found a cure for cancer and aids man i say **** the govt caus them fuckers got they hand in the wrong pot and need to get to more important things like taking dick chainey and george bush to fuckin court fa ruining a country how bout them apples...this issue of purjury wouldnt be there if the govt had put its foot in its mouth in the first place and let these sports handle s*** on there own...caus if the motor companys can get billions of dollars i kno a young brotha like myself can get some free education right Laughing haha guess not... haha thanks america rude america

Are you kidding when you say that the government shouldn't be involved in the steroids controversy? Last I checked, possession of HGH is illegal at the federal level, which definitely includes the legal system for all of these players. Does them being a baseball players make them an exception to the laws that we are all expected to follow as American citizens? Personally, I don't think these players should be allowed into the HOF. Sure, they still have to have the skill to read a pitch and hit it, but you can't honestly tell me that it hasn't affected the power of these home run hitters like McGwire, Sosa and Bonds. As one of the biggest baseball fans I know, I absolutely hate all of these steroid users that have tainted the game forever. They will forever be known for the negative impact they have had on America's national pastime. If only Ken Griffey Jr. were able to stay healthy his whole career. Otherwise, we wouldn't have that dumbass Barry Bonds holding the home run record after blatantly taking steroids, which breaks MLB rules and USA laws.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 10:02

Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Pettitee

if this little dude was taking steroids, then you really don't know how many people were taking steroids. And one thing you have to take in consideration is that everyone was doing. Big Mac, Sosa and Bonds weren't the only people on the stuff, need you forget even before Barry Bonds got on the roids he was a top 5 player every year in the league. Do I agree that this era was tainted? Of course i do who wouldn't, but the fact reminds you still don't know who all did it. It was a survival of the fittest situation, either you did them or you felt like you were left behind. I think that if you induct one person into the hall of fame from this era, then are obligated to take them all. There is no reason that Bonds shouldn't be in the hall of fame.

It doesn't matter if i went to the gym everyday and took all the steroids I could, I could still never hit a 89mph curveball
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 11:05

there are soooooooo many of these cats during that era...Bic Mac, Bonds, Sosa etc. that was on "the sauce" that it was so obvious. the interesting thing to me is this; when McGuire and Sosa was chasing the homerun record together at one point....and then....when Big Mac broke it....NO ONE mentioned steroids!

however, the moment that Barry Bonds takes down baseball's "golden boy" (Babe Ruth) by hitting the most homeruns....NOW...ALL OF A SUDDEN....with the baseball officials...steroids is a major issue. HYPOCRITES!! then....they (baseball officials) talked about putting an asterik (*) by Bonds name because of allegations of steriod use. well...what about the asterik (*) beside McGuire's name? huh? HYPOCRITES!! Barry is a HOF! let him in!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 12:56

I hope Palmeirio, Bonds, Mcguire, Sosa, and Clemens are all denied.

And Mili, to be honest I don't really like Babe Ruth, but at least Ruth didn't cheat. I don't really like A-Rod right now but I would still much rather see him get the record than bonds. I was extremely disappointed when he broke the record, I read like an 800 page biography on Hank Aaron once and he deserves the record so much more than Bonds.
Back to top Go down
chrisc2006
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 13:39

Now there are reports A-Rod had a positive test for steroids in 2003. Shame on this generation of baseball players. And Andy Pettite is not small(6'5" - 235 lbs).
Back to top Go down
dirty-mullet
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
dirty-mullet

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 14:32

If steroids/HGH don't help you hit a baseball they why where they taking them? Maybe it was because it makes them look better in a Speedo
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 15:11

barry bonds has always been my favorite baseball player since i was young and didnt even know about steroids. there is no doubt there is other players in the HOF that have taken performance enhancing drugs why should he be the only one punished
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-07, 23:31

chrisc2006 wrote:
Now there are reports A-Rod had a positive test for steroids in 2003. Shame on this generation of baseball players. And Andy Pettite is not small(6'5" - 235 lbs).

I know, I heard about this just a few hours after posting. Well, I would hope for Ryan Howard to break it, but he is much older than a lot of people realize.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-08, 19:08

If you don't take Barry Bonds, everyone for the last 20 years shouldn't be a hall of famer, because you just don't know

yay 200 posts cheers

Last edited by Hormel on 2009-02-08, 19:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : -200th post)
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-08, 20:20

Hormel wrote:
If you don't take Barry Bonds, everyone for the last 20 years shouldn't be a hall of famer, because you just don't know

yay 200 posts cheers

Yep, take Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn out of the hall...makes a whole lot of fucking sense to me...
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-09, 12:47

Ketcham while they're hot wrote:
Hormel wrote:

yay 200 posts cheers

Yep, take Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn out of the hall...makes a whole lot of fucking sense to me...

how do you know that they never took it?
Back to top Go down
AsTrOz o
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
AsTrOz o

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-09, 13:13

**** this, he doesnt break the record of roids. He was great b4 roids and prob would have made hof if he had stayed off roids and played legit his whole career, but any1 thats cheats to me does not deserve to get in, no matter how good
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-09, 13:49

So, I still have no respect for the man for cheating not to mention that he is an arrogant Jerk.
Back to top Go down
AsTrOz o
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
AsTrOz o

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-09, 13:56

Hormel wrote:

if this little dude was taking steroids, then you really don't know how many people were taking steroids. And one thing you have to take in consideration is that everyone was doing. Big Mac, Sosa and Bonds weren't the only people on the stuff, need you forget even before Barry Bonds got on the roids he was a top 5 player every year in the league. Do I agree that this era was tainted? Of course i do who wouldn't, but the fact reminds you still don't know who all did it. It was a survival of the fittest situation, either you did them or you felt like you were left behind. I think that if you induct one person into the hall of fame from this era, then are obligated to take them all. There is no reason that Bonds shouldn't be in the hall of fame.

It doesn't matter if i went to the gym everyday and took all the steroids I could, I could still never hit a 89mph curveball

Andy took HGH not steroids, and openly admitted it unlike these other FUCKERS that ruin the fucking game I love. **** you Barry Bonds. If they let him in the HOF. Im going to gun Barry. No fucking joke.
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty2009-02-09, 15:09

Braylon wrote:
Hormel wrote:

Andy took HGH not steroids, and openly admitted it unlike these other FUCKERS that ruin the fucking game I love. **** you Barry Bonds. If they let him in the HOF. Im going to gun Barry. No fucking joke.

HGH is steroids, just a newer formula. I'm sorry, but the MLB was a dog eat dog world, either you were doing them, or you were having a hard time to keep up. I don't even think it matters if people were "good" before , because there are 100s of names that came out in the Mitchell report that we have never heard for. Just because you took steroids doesn't mean your going to break the all time home run record. The home run is one of the most special things and sports, and barry bonds is the king of the home run, and he deserves to be in the hall of fame
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer   Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer Empty

Back to top Go down

Barry Bonds should be a hall of famer
Page 1 of 1