Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

My Madden-School Blog/Rant

Go down 
+2
EggzOverEazy
-iBleedGreen-
6 posters
AuthorMessage
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty
PostSubject: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-01-31, 15:47

**Disclaimer I just want everyone to know that first and foremost this is a great site and I love being in here. Take the things I say with a grain of salt, I am just ranting about some things I see here that really.. really urk me. End Disclaimer**

Well, here it is. My first "Blog" so I am not going to waste your time with bullshit and I am just going to get right to the point. I have been a member here since August 19, 2008. When I first came here there was next to no 360 Section, and PS3 really was taking over the site. Honestly though Madden-School was just really beginning to take off. I was quiet the first few months I was here. I talked some sports, Baseball, Football. But as far as Madden, I was just having a good time. I wasn't to serious with it.. not like some of the guys on here. So in November is when I feel I became most active and really helped the 360 section take off. I did the first tournament that 360 had seen. I feel it was a success and I think it really got more people interested in 360 since that I have notices a lot of 360 players that have come to the site and it's been great.

Now Hormel attempted a 32 man team which was going good, then kinda fizzled mainly because not enough activeness. I'll admit school really has swamped me over the last few weeks so it was tough for me to sit and play. Hormel did make a great attempt but with out the people behind him it was never going to succeed. He was the boss of 32 different people with their own idea, and half of which didn't do anything including play. So that brings me to my next point in which the new 16 Team Madden-School Season. I honestly think that yes it's going to fail. Not because of the ownership of it, because Braylon has great potential I see what he does with the site and honestly the kid knows what's up. I feel it's going to fail 1. Because of the people that are in it (Not the active ones the new members) now he has told me that they are active. Yeah I have heard that before with the 32 to man League and also my own tournament of 8. I hope the best and I hope I am wrong. Though the second reason, and this being an important one. I know I am in the league and I'll play my games. Though I know for a fact that for me.. Football season is over. The day the Eagles lost it was it for me. I may catch some of the SuperBowl but I will not go out of my way to watch another stupid SuperBowl. (Anyone want to tell me why Pittsburgh gets the one year wonders when they make it to the Superbowl? Seattle, Arizona) So for me I have already moved on to Hockey and I am getting ready for Baseball, and I know that really cuts my Madden Playing time down. Though like I said, I hope I am wrong and I hope this is the best season and I hope he can try to keep it rolling till Madden: NFL 10 comes out. Good luck Braylon I'm behind you even though I am not 100% behind Madden.

Now another thing I want to talk about it the constant bitching. I mean I come to this site and you know everyone here is supposed to be a "Family" but I come on and almost every night and someone is fighting with someone about some petty bullshit that just is so stupid. It honestly sounds like some high school drama that most of us here don't want to deal with mainly for the fact that this is place to come and talk football with our boys. Or Talk Madden because some of out friends we know personally don't share that interest and I'm going to use Militant as an example. I know he is an "Old-School Gamer" and he says that proudly. He comes here to chill with some guys that love Madden and love Football. He has his son that he can talk to about Madden but honestly, how many of his close friends play X-Box with the dedication he does. He's a true gamer and I know for a fact that he does not want to deal with the pettiness of someone bitching about someone else "Cheesing" Let me explain something to everyone on the site. THIS IS A VIDEO GAME! Yes you can play it as a sim, or you can play it arcade. There are hundreds of different play styles. Some go Hurry Up all game, some use the full-back dive all the time. Dual half backs, rocket catch, tosses, bunch formations, nanos, field goal blocking. Look you just play the game. A long time ago I stopped caring whether or not I win or lose. You see all types of players and there really is no reason to B**** about it. Just the other week Hormel was bitching at me for something I don't even remember what about me using my DE (and it's since been cleared up and we are cool again just using an example) but it was just stupid. But I see people bitching about Rocket Catching.. why because you can't do it or don't want to do it? Well Tough s***.. deal with it. You can do two things, B**** and moan. Or you can stop it.. Most choose to B**** and moan and I don't know why it isn't worth it. Play the game.

I just have one more thing to get off my chest. Since the new movement of order around here. I don't know who the hell is who. This is more of a suggestion that a B****, but I think that Mod should put should post a who's who. Just so newer members know who they can talk to if they have a problem. I mean it would even be helpful to me and some of the regulars here. I am just saying I think it would add to the site if everyone knew what mods go where, and who's who in Madden-School.

Well that's my rant guys like I said take it with a grain of salt but I just needed to vent. Enjoy comment, Flame whatever I don't care.

Samsel
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-01-31, 16:00

good rant, good rant. personally i thought it was gonna be much more hardcore, you should've started calling people out like "THIS MOFO IS A JERK!" hahaha jk.

i'll try and keep the drama out of the chat... i'm always lenient with people because i don't want the site to come of as 'oh you can't say anything over there'... but in terms of 'fighting' that stuff has got to stop.

maybe we can start taking away people's chat privelages? people who cause too much trouble, consistently.

Last edited by EggzOverEazy on 2009-01-31, 16:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-01-31, 16:03

Bump. That what I am saying. But when I fight goes on for like 10 minutes it's gets annoying. That's all I am saying.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-01-31, 17:48

yea i get what ur sayin, i kno that sutmimes i argue also but i come on here to tlk about madden n people jus moan likeu said
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-01-31, 18:09

yea people are always fighting in the chat.. i havent even gone in there much over the past week and a half cuz i just get annoyed by someone most of the time... and i also have my doubts about the 16 man league but im in it and im gona continue to be active and hopefully help that league succeed so we can start building a strong 360 section.. it may have got bigger but that doesnt mean its strong like the ps3 section... i think the 360 section only got bigger cuz of the 32 man league and when some people never came back to play their games it just proves it may be bigger but stronger is a different story.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-02-01, 02:43

bump everyone should read.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-02-01, 18:40

I'm just sayin...

Madden school was always like this, I remember one of the very first threads I saw was just hester and other people bitching about who's girlfriend was hotter...

And sayin it's supposed to be like a family is stupid... Family's B**** and fight with each other daily...
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty2009-02-01, 19:02

I agree with pretty much everything samsel said in his post. I personally thought that the 360 league was not going to be successful but i let it go anyway as a way for us to get more members. (Not the best idea but i will learn from it)

I will be honest with everyone here. This is the first website/forum I have ever been in charge of, and it is a learning process for me as well. I like to think that no one could do a better job than me (along with the current admins and head mods) at running this forum, but i know that plenty of people probably could. My point here is that, we need more people to really share their opinions like samsel.

I have been way to easy on people who constantly B**** about everything:
1. Because I pride myself on banning as few people as possible
2. I am scared that I will drive away members.

I agree that the constant name changes need to be slowed down, because even I got confused about who is who lately. I will make a post (maybe not today but soon) clearly defining who is in charge of what on this website.
I am about to go watch the superbowl so i will post more on this later
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Madden-School Blog/Rant   My Madden-School Blog/Rant Empty

Back to top Go down

My Madden-School Blog/Rant
Page 1 of 1