Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY

Go down 
+8
CJDAWGG14
carlo874
pman92
moss81
ukcats1996
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Fudopi is That Dude
hannahlogan1
12 posters
AuthorMessage
hannahlogan1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-07

HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty
PostSubject: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-11, 20:17

so who's got some good advice and tips on running a good wr or rb screen...like i put in my other post I've been getting killed by this lately....

what are the best screen plays to run and how bout hot routes or motion to run with them....just trying to improve my offense a lil...thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-11, 20:21

I dunno, FL screen out of Gun Doubles

and the HB screen out of Gun Split and the one out of Weak are all pretty good...

I usually just drop straight back, make sure there's a running lane for the guy, if not I look downfield.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Winktin Rampage Jackson
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Winktin Rampage Jackson

Number of posts : 1432
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-11, 21:07

WR screen outta shotgun normal.

Flip the play and put the slot WR on a curl route. Look for the screen first, curl 2nd, and deep post 3rd. Works almost every time.
Back to top Go down
http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=9357309
ukcats1996
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-12, 19:45

when doing a screen play I like to roll opposite side of screen and usually get big yards
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-18, 17:49

for the fl screen i usually motion my rb to the side that it is going to so u get a quicker block
Back to top Go down
pman92
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-11-25

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-18, 17:57

Whenever I run a HB Screen I Lead Block with my TE and move him way out towards the sideline then switch back and throw it to my HB and my WR usually blocks the Corner and my TE blocks the LB.
Back to top Go down
carlo874
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-18, 23:04

when you have a HB screen try hot routing the Rb to a drag route and slide protecting your line to the side the screen is supposed to go, when you do this you rarely get stopped in the backfield and there will never be a throw where your RB comes back to the ball and you get negative yardage. The chance of getting your ball batted down increases but if u get ur timing down this play is very good
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-18, 23:11

motion the HB to the opposite side, so he's running towards his blockers. also user controlling the HB gives you good results
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-19, 05:42

well first off.....NEVER base your offence around screens...thats jsut ridiculos....
but as far as a play....go with jsut and screen.....hot route another reciever..and if the screen is blocked...just hit you other route to get you out of it and so you dont get sacked
Back to top Go down
the madden guru
New MS Member
New MS Member
the madden guru

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-23, 12:04

its real easy to hit screens against cover 3, just step to the opposite side then bullet it to the guy you want.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-23, 13:14

For some reason, sometimes when I throw one to the square receiver he dives right after he catches it. It's pissing me off.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-23, 18:50

learning how to use a double screen is the best screen play. you have 2 choices on the screen, and you have 2 other choices as checkdown routes
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty2009-01-23, 20:35

i kno a better screen n the 5 wr screen da 2nd wr has no blockers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY   HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW TO RUN A GOOD SCREEN PLAY
Page 1 of 1