Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Man to Man

Go down 
+6
ghostnote
bigbuddah
BOSTN BEANER
Mcnair2Wycheck
Mickey
Swag Escobar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 12:19

does anyone else notice how now online people have sooooo many plays now geared around beating zone but the suck against man to man lol.............i think its safe to say man isnt that useless... i wouldnt run it all game but ive caught a couple people that kept finding holes in my zones and i switched to man to man and destroyed them its also good for taking out those peeps who use moss and etc... man to man with 1 safety over top and moss is dead deep wise
Back to top Go down
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 13:09

easy to say with ed reed back there.... Try havin roy williams over top Wink
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 13:35

If I see my opponent in Man coverage I destroy it easily. It's not that hard to recognize either. OCCASIONALLY I get sacked though on a blitz.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 13:37

i just played someone that was the cowboys and he was killin my zone too and i switched it up played some 46 with only my FS up top and came back from 17-0 halftime deficit to win 20-17.. man to man isnt useless its just crippled if u dont know how to use it or use it at the wrong time.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 13:38

Mcnair2Wycheck wrote:
If I see my opponent in Man coverage I destroy it easily. It's not that hard to recognize either. OCCASIONALLY I get sacked though on a blitz.

yea if u send a man in motion and he follows him its man coverage if the db stays put its zone.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 15:28

well yea you dont really man to man against everyone lol i know how to read it pre snap without motion and i dont mean with 4 wrs..outta normal I form or anything else normal..(man and zone line up differently)..but some people really cant read it without motion and they are bent on beating zone...i would use it against someone who is good tho
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 16:16

it all depends to me on who im playing that i will call 5 man plays a game...i finally got a man defense interception like 3 days ago haha so its useless for me...i guess the only way to run man is to have a heavy blitz out of it and hope the qb doesnt escape out the pocket to burn u but a good play caller will have routes for everything...some routes kill man such as drag, outs, rb in flats and slants. i havent paid much attention but if figured if u run man and have a man zone combo u might be ok but im not tryna take that chance...i still think man coverage in 09 is useless
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 16:21

bigbuddah wrote:
it all depends to me on who im playing that i will call 5 man plays a game...i finally got a man defense interception like 3 days ago haha so its useless for me...i guess the only way to run man is to have a heavy blitz out of it and hope the qb doesnt escape out the pocket to burn u but a good play caller will have routes for everything...some routes kill man such as drag, outs, rb in flats and slants. i havent paid much attention but if figured if u run man and have a man zone combo u might be ok but im not tryna take that chance...i still think man coverage in 09 is useless

i use it alot when playing lower opponents that like to just throw the ball wherever when they get blitzed, ill blitz them all day outa 46 and they will make errant throws and get picked all day.. when im playin a realy good opponent though ill use 2 man under only like 3 times a game other then that its zone and zone blitzs.
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 19:49

heres some keys to using man def.have a good pass rushing def line.in formations with rb's...press the db's and have your 2 deep safeties shaded to cover the middle of the field.user control the l.b. covering the fb or rb (most dont throw to the fb and if they do its only a few yards).if the rb's stay in to block u can patrol the middle with the l.b..man coverage is horrible in this game but i find this is the best way to use it.its the best way to blitz but the key is to control the def player and cover the backs yourelf.i use man more to set up my opponent then to stop him.he gets used to throwing man to man routes then i hit him with a few zones and get alotta picks this way.i guess u can call it a bend but dont break def.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 20:36

ghostnote wrote:
heres some keys to using man def.have a good pass rushing def line.in formations with rb's...press the db's and have your 2 deep safeties shaded to cover the middle of the field.user control the l.b. covering the fb or rb (most dont throw to the fb and if they do its only a few yards).if the rb's stay in to block u can patrol the middle with the l.b..man coverage is horrible in this game but i find this is the best way to use it.its the best way to blitz but the key is to control the def player and cover the backs yourelf.i use man more to set up my opponent then to stop him.he gets used to throwing man to man routes then i hit him with a few zones and get alotta picks this way.i guess u can call it a bend but dont break def.
i forget what thread i posted this too, i have done that to people quite a few times if u can play man get beat on 5 or 6 plays in a row but not let them get behind u then u can do it and when they are in the red zone or around there throw a cover 3 at them and a lot of picks will happen.
Back to top Go down
xPICKx4xSIXx
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
xPICKx4xSIXx

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-15, 22:36

I PLAY MAN ALOT I DONT LIKE ZONE CUZ IT HAVES TO MANY HOLES IN IT AND IM NOT BEAT FOR GIVING UP YARDAGE
Back to top Go down
http://Www.Myspace.Com/TakeemDaNigga1
XxKillachargerXx
New MS Member
New MS Member
XxKillachargerXx

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-16, 22:05

i play man dont play zone and bump most of the time but i get pressure on quaterbaak so hard to find holes in zone or man
Back to top Go down
Angell08
Financial Supporter
Financial Supporter
Angell08

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2008-12-17, 02:20

ive found that man is useless in 09 also....ppl say its too easy to pick apart the zones but in 09 its WAY to easy to read and beat man (outs, drags, ins, slants, etc)...stick wit zones and occasionally come with an overload
Back to top Go down
rockywrist989
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty2009-01-15, 20:10

Yea i thought man would be good but i only play zone now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Man to Man Empty
PostSubject: Re: Man to Man   Man to Man Empty

Back to top Go down

Man to Man
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Defensive Strategy-
Jump to: