Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?

Go down 
+13
pkismyname
wayne019
Militant X 1
Brett Favre
Crunk
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
CJDAWGG14
nawfside512
o Cpt ViDeO o
BOSTN BEANER
Mcnair2Wycheck
Mickey
Hollywood x 12
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Hollywood x 12
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Hollywood x 12

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-03, 08:36

Am
always having problems with people who play with there safety b/c they
are amazing at getting picks and then with stack there line so it hard
to run on them. Anyone every played someone like this? If so what are
some good ways to throw off his D?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/hollywoood12
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-03, 08:47

I guess overloading the area they are covering could help. Im not sure tho.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-03, 13:14

I like to run almost a levels type play with my TEs out of ace.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-04, 11:11

I would go 5 wide if that happened to me, run short quick routes but use ur #4 and #5 recievers... people are always watching the top 2 wr and if u have a good 3 they will probably cover him tight too.. ive been using a lot of five wide and throwin it to #4 and 5 lately and its time consuming but stick with it if ur gettin first downs thats all u need... if u see that the defence left 2 or 3 wrs open go no huddle till they audible and cover it or call they call a timeout. I hate no huddle but sometimes u have to change it up to move against a good D.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
o Cpt ViDeO o
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
o Cpt ViDeO o

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-04, 11:29

always send an assignment towards his way and, and if he's out of positon he's gonna get burned, everytime so keep your eys open toward the side he's playing on and try to anticipate where he's gonna cover, then hot route a WR in his way from there he should be busy worrying about your audible by the time you snap the ball someone will get open either way.
L3 + R3 = U The Man
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/mdott360
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-04, 11:36

o Cpt ViDeO o wrote:
always send an assignment towards his way and, and if he's out of positon he's gonna get burned, everytime so keep your eys open toward the side he's playing on and try to anticipate where he's gonna cover, then hot route a WR in his way from there he should be busy worrying about your audible by the time you snap the ball someone will get open either way.

I agree with this too.. if u put someone goin deep straight at him hes gona have to cover and if hes outa position he gets burned if he covers then hes no longer gona be anywhere near ur short to mid range routes to break up a play.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-05, 03:15

Yo cpt good s*** bro.. Ive never thought of doing that.. Thanks man
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-23, 09:24

just play west coast style offense. throw the ball short and make sure you get the RB's involved in the pass game. if you wanna throw deep, make sure you have someone that occupies where he would roam, and throw it to someone else.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-23, 13:07

if they are jsut using there safty then throw to the other side of the field or jsut throw to the flats alot so he cant pic it off
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-23, 13:23

I will usually use a play called 494 Flat out of the TB playbook. The curls are always open, but it has a easy RC for the TE to do.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Brett Favre
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Brett Favre

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-27, 14:30

im always the safety. the only weakness i have is maybe when i play zone and cover deep. if no one is in that area i will take off and find someone else to cover. then of course someone is on a long route and comes in my zone wide open for a td. example is maybe singleback tight, and one of those long long fade routes where he runs all the way to the sideline and then cuts upfield. or if you have time a running back that cuts upfield too.
Back to top Go down
Brett Favre
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Brett Favre

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-27, 14:31

btw im FS. if im in cover 2 zone, have your far recievers streak, and then someone down the middle. easy yards.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-27, 14:34

i always throw to the opposite side of the field to avoid them. why test someone's stick? simple!
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-27, 16:38

I have only ever played 2 people who were good with the safety. Barbarian and this guy VinceMVPYoung who is also in the top 100.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-27, 17:31

play short style football then go deep
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-27, 23:16

Try play actions and bring him closer or stack WR's by him bcz he can't cover all of them.
You can always do short passes but if he starts coming in just streak route 1 reciever and if he hesitates for 1 sec you will have a WR open.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2008-12-27, 23:27

Militant X 1 wrote:
i always throw to the opposite side of the field to avoid them. why test someone's stick? simple!

thats most likely the best thing to do..becuase i do that and thorw to the flots away and get 5-8 yards a time....its works good

but i dont play alot of people that do it
Back to top Go down
Cyfore
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2009-01-16, 18:31

line up two or three wrs on his side and make him choose which one to cover and throw it to whoever he doesnt cover.
Back to top Go down
MJman91
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2009-01-16, 21:01

I like play action against people who play with their safties because they always are out of position.
Back to top Go down
b dawk 20
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2009-01-17, 02:51

run ten yard in routes and have a post over top hes gotta choose one seems to work
Back to top Go down
godfather12404
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty2009-01-17, 04:50

i usually run short yardage plays, and try to get him to bite on the playaction, alot of ppl will bite because they wanna hitstick you instead of letting the cpu do the tackling. dancer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?   Best way to play someone who plays with there safety? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best way to play someone who plays with there safety?
Page 1 of 1