Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Which type of running strategy do you use?

Go down 
+17
GBPACKERSFTW
PrimaryFailure6
coordinator0
Walkertime
chackfalco
xxkareem1xx
moss81
EQUation
bigbuddah
FelixdaCat
JagsRock95
Dolfinlife
Mickey
Fudopi is That Dude
kyman
Mix
eddy102293
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Inside
Which type of running strategy do you use? Back_catg24%Which type of running strategy do you use? Back_catg
 24% [ 17 ]
Outside
Which type of running strategy do you use? Back_catg17%Which type of running strategy do you use? Back_catg
 17% [ 12 ]
Mixed
Which type of running strategy do you use? Back_catg59%Which type of running strategy do you use? Back_catg
 59% [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 71

AuthorMessage
eddy102293
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eddy102293

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-07-13

Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty
PostSubject: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-14, 19:03

Please tell me why, it's going to be on an eBook.
Back to top Go down
http://wiimml.forumotion.com/index.htm
Mix
New MS Member
New MS Member
Mix

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-14, 20:11

most run plays i use are designed to go up the middle but if nothings open bouncing it to the outside is crucial
Back to top Go down
kyman
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
kyman

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-14, 20:17

I run to the outside a lot running to the outside with 2 blockers or more is the best way to go. it takes out the corner and outside line backer and 3 for an extra block witch leaves the whole zone near out of bounds open witch usualy works for a touchdown or a good gain until a saftey gets you. But short runs are good for small gains on 3rd or fourth down or they are keeping all there men outside so you have an open zone through the gap. But if you have a good fast QB run with him a little and mess him up with some Hb passes.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-14, 21:01

Stop posting general madden threads in the wii section.

This wasn't really wii specific, so you should've put it in general madden so more people would post in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Mickey
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mickey

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2008-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-14, 22:17

mix is my fave.
Back to top Go down
eddy102293
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eddy102293

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-14, 22:32

Fudopi wrote:
Stop posting general madden threads in the wii section.

This wasn't really wii specific, so you should've put it in general madden so more people would post in it.
there is a key phrase in my original post
this is for my guide
Back to top Go down
Dolfinlife
New MS Member
New MS Member
Dolfinlife

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-15, 15:50

wii madden is so different then PS3 or PS2 or Xbox madden

Wii madden the passing style ans running style is really different

that is why eddy is doing this
Back to top Go down
http://nationalwiileague.forumakers.com
eddy102293
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eddy102293

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-15, 16:49

Dolfinlife wrote:
wii madden is so different then PS3 or PS2 or Xbox madden

Wii madden the passing style ans running style is really different

that is why eddy is doing this
thank you dolfin, now tell us your running secrets
Back to top Go down
JagsRock95
New MS Member
New MS Member
JagsRock95

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-15, 17:22

I set up to run inside but shift my line and then run to the outside, also I use playmaker when I see that my opponent is loadin up on a paticular side.
Back to top Go down
FelixdaCat
New MS Member
New MS Member
FelixdaCat

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-18, 13:29

Really having a good balance with running between the tackles and running outside is the key to an effective rushing attack, no matter what system you are using.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2008-11-18, 13:52

ima bouncer...sometimes i call an inside run to bounce outside on purpose and other times i like in side off tackle runs
Back to top Go down
EQUation
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-01-11, 03:59

does any1 even play wii madden anymore??? and on wii, its, of course, best to run outside cuz theres no run commit for the outside run. only for the inside run
Back to top Go down
kyman
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
kyman

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-01-11, 11:37

people still do they r just on other sites and also i do a mix of running and its pretty good if u sometimes use a draw
Back to top Go down
moss81
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
moss81

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-01-11, 12:21

i tend to use outside runs to set up my inside runs
Back to top Go down
xxkareem1xx
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
xxkareem1xx

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-01-11, 12:44

i like a good mix up,see wat my opp is exposing and attack.example= good inside runs mix to dif sides then trow in some nice tosses when the outside is exposed, really confuses opponets when ran well
Back to top Go down
chackfalco
New MS Member
New MS Member
chackfalco

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-04, 06:07

i run wherever i want cause im pretty much unstoppable
Back to top Go down
Walkertime
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-04, 07:43

I like to mix it up all game so you don't get too predictable. I also like to have audiables that run left/right inside/outside from the same formation so if the defense shifts or stacks you can switch where you're running and the defense can't read it.

I also find if you can an outside run and cut it back inside if the defense over pursues to be effective. Where I run often depends on the D. If they spread the line, the middle is usually open for 5-10 yards. If they jam 8 in the box, you can usually bounce it outside. If they shift, you can usually get a good gain on a counter.

A fast pulling guard or fullback to kick out the CB or OLB and then cut inside of him is also a good way to break open long runs.
Back to top Go down
coordinator0
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-04, 12:20

I use whatever works best against the specific defense I'm playing. For example, outside runs work much better against a four man line than a three man line with more linebackers. And vice-versa for inside runs.
Back to top Go down
PrimaryFailure6
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
PrimaryFailure6

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-04, 14:43

I run inside most of the time not really outside
Back to top Go down
GBPACKERSFTW
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-14, 15:16

you cant base your scheme off of inside or outside because they counter-act each other the questions should be is your strategy...

Inside outside

Counter Toss

Strong Weak

and i think the answer for all of us is jsut pick whatever works and run where they arent and eventually Pa deep and try to user it.
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-14, 15:37

GBPACKERSFTW wrote:
you cant base your scheme off of inside or outside because they counter-act each other the questions should be is your strategy...

Inside outside

Counter Toss

Strong Weak

and i think the answer for all of us is jsut pick whatever works and run where they arent and eventually Pa deep and try to user it.

Pretty much what I do with the vikings I dont really do tosses IDK why I just dont like the toss animation i guess, I'd run a sweep any day over a toss. Vikings + Dolphins PB = Running Dominance
Back to top Go down
GBPACKERSFTW
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-14, 16:16

my understanding is that a toss and sweep are the same thing?
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-08-16, 12:31

GBPACKERSFTW wrote:
my understanding is that a toss and sweep are the same thing?

kind of not really, usually with a toss no lineman are pulled to help block but with a sweep usually a line man pulls and helps out like a FB would
Back to top Go down
GeT6orDieTrYiN-
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2009-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-10-20, 22:28

Im a Vikings fan, so i use the Vikings, and I love to do nothing more than to get AP to the outside against DBs, so i use alot of off tackles, counters and tosses, to get him out there, the only runs i really go up the middle from are shotgun draws and sometimes i'll even pop those outside... and its very effective for me cuz i average about 250 rush yards a game online
Back to top Go down
boatrace76
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty2009-10-27, 15:32

I'm thinking the Power O is deadly...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which type of running strategy do you use?   Which type of running strategy do you use? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next