Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Joshs' Fishing Tips

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Joshs' Fishing Tips Empty
PostSubject: Joshs' Fishing Tips   Joshs' Fishing Tips Empty2010-05-19, 20:39

So im an avid fisher and have been so since I was a kid. I live up here in Michigan and cant drive 5 miles without running into a lake or a river. I fish all year round but the weather is finally getting nice so i have access to getting out on the water with a boat.

Bass season doesnt start until the end of the month so Ive been fishing for pike mostly. They are full of bones but still good eating if you like your fish. Watch out for their teeth too, you cant lip these fish. What Ive been using is a large or oversized "Johnsons Silver Minnow"(weedless). Thats the brand I use but any larger sized weedless silver spoon will do. Also, add small jig worm to the end of your lure for more action. I caught about 10 keepers last week on a family fishing trip using this exact set up. Not to mention the 20 or so smaller pike I caught. Pike like to be hidden in the weeds and are more shallow than usual at this time of year. They also like to chase, so just cast out and reel in steady from about 20 yards off shore. You can also troll if you have a boat.

Im going to see if anyone else from the site likes to fish before I add any more tips. So reply to this thread if you want more.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Joshs' Fishing Tips   Joshs' Fishing Tips Empty2010-05-20, 02:30

haha i ddnt even see this thread but man im an avid fisherman as well, considering i live in americas fishing capital in florida its nto that surprising

but anyways i havnt fished freshwater in forever, but when i did i'd try and catch the peacock bass which are a hell of a fight, especially when you start catching the big 10 lb'ers (biggest one iv caught was around 10-11 lbs, i think the record for the florida peacock , not the african butterfly peacock, is like 12-13 lbs?) and sometimes the occasional gar, could never catch a tarpon tho, hooked up on one once and lost it =(

but yea im more of a saltwater fisherman, and once i get my own boat i'll be able to fish alot more thna i currently can now, i just hit up the keys at a secret spot for now, which has tons of fish right at shore like grouper snapper (mutton lane and mangrove) barfish, parrotfish, tarpon, and a cuda

just recently caught a big ass cuda from there too close to 4 feet long and around 15 lbs (dudes seen pics of it in chatbox, but id rather not post it here since the pic is...showing some strange things lol)

good to see a fellow fisherman!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Joshs' Fishing Tips   Joshs' Fishing Tips Empty2010-05-20, 03:14

holy s***, 2tons a fisherman?
jesus christ. learn something new everyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Joshs' Fishing Tips   Joshs' Fishing Tips Empty2010-05-20, 17:47

Thats cool 2ton. I havnt saltwater fished yet but me n my buddies are planning a charter fishin trip in FL toward the end of summer. Not really sure if were goin out in the ocean or just one of those huge lakes down there. I miss living in the south though, fish are simply bigger down there. Biggest fish I ever saw was a 14 lb Largemouth on the Toledo Bend Resevoir in Louisiana. Ive never heard of most those fish you listed but im sure they get huuuugeee.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Joshs' Fishing Tips   Joshs' Fishing Tips Empty2010-05-20, 17:54

grouper (goliath is the biggest can get to close to 1000 lbs but theyre endangered and hard to find) are probably the biggest fish where i fish at (not overall tho) and snapper (unless its red snapper) dont usually go over 15 lbs, barracudas can range from a small 1 footer to huge 5 footers, and tarpon are usually close to the 100-200 lb margin

there are no saltwater lakes here lol, just freshwater, the ocean is saltwater
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joshs' Fishing Tips   Joshs' Fishing Tips Empty

Back to top Go down

Joshs' Fishing Tips
Page 1 of 1