Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Adam Jones a Bengal

Go down 
+6
Big Hungry 702
EggzOverEazy
super_mario90
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
wayne019
PapaSmurf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Adam Jones a Bengal Empty
PostSubject: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-11, 16:00

We briefly heard from Adam Jones, as a Cincinnati Bengal, for the first time Tuesday.
And by briefly, that’s literal. Jones made a statement to the Cincinnati-area media before a news conference by coach Marvin Lewis, but he didn’t take any questions. Here’s what Jones had to say:
new nfl.widgets.VideoPlayer({ contentId: "09000d5d81811725", related: "home", adSetting: "1", dartURL: "http://ad.doubleclick.net/pfadx/nfl.special/blog/news;s1=blog;s2=news;slot=inpage;nfl=ad;tile=3;sz=640x360;ord=?", playerName: "blog_small_embedded", size: "inline", uniqid: "09000d5d81811725"})
HQ video delivered by Akamai

“I think I still have the skill set that made me a high draft choice (sixth overall by the Titans in 2005). I know I have a ton, ton of work to do. It would be a dream come true to come here and help the Bengals anywhere I can and also to help win a championship. Like I said, I know I have a ton of work to do. To gain your guys’ trust is not going to happen overnight, it’s going to take time. All I can do it take it one day at a time and focus in on the things I’ve been focusing on, and come play football.
“I’m happy to be here. I want to thank the city of Cincinnati for giving me and my family a fresh start. I want to thank the guys upstairs. Mr. (Mike) Brown, coach (Lewis), coach (Mike) Zimmer, the whole organization. I’m happy to be here.”
Lewis echoed many of the statements made by defensive coordinator Zimmer in a Steve Wyche piece last week, saying that nothing has been guaranteed to Jones. Lewis was candid, saying Jones will have a chance to compete as a cornerback and kick returner.
“We made the decision to do it – we know the downside of it,” Lewis said. ”But I trust that he will resurrect his career with this opportunity and get himself going and have an opportunity to be a productive player, whether it be here or somewhere else. I don’t know that he’ll make this football team. But he’ll get a good shot at it. The only way to do it is to put him on the team right now and see.”
By downside, Lewis later noted that as being the public perception of the move. We’ve noticed Bengals fans have strongly reacted to this move in our comments sections, so have at it. Let us know what you think
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

Number of posts : 1179
Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-11, 16:05

we knes this they had one of the best cb tanoms already so i think he will be good in nickel and kick/punt returns
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-11, 16:06

he should stick to pros vs joes his time in the nfl wil go nowhere. lol cant believe the bungles picked him up...... oh wait yes i can for some reason the bungles like to grab the bad boys of the nfl now.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

Number of posts : 2188
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-11, 21:41

He'll help them out with PR's.
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-11, 23:29

i think hes still a good athlete, with good years left on him. i hope to everything holy he has learned his lesson by now. hes lucky to get another chance, i hope he fucking REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY realizes that. so he can be good, he can be real good, but we'll see. im glad he's got another chance, he better make the most of it.

i can't see him fucking up again, too. that'd be craaaaaazy.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 00:32

yea, he cant afford another screw up
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 03:14

If he f*cks up one more time all his money should be given to me.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 06:59

yeah nice joke mario. if he fucks up 1 more time he wont comeback to the nfl
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 20:42

If he f*cks up one more time he should think about another career.
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 20:52

I really do hope he BEAST!!!! this season cause when he was with the TITANS he was a threat.
Back to top Go down
beerbuzz
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
beerbuzz

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 23:26

i thought there d backs where good with out him but having him in the slot will make things just as good he's a good hitter
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/verminfire
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 23:32

yea, that secondary is now just as good if not better than the jets, they need safety now, and they would be all set
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-12, 23:52

Good pick up seeing as they needed a nickle corner.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-13, 17:26

the bengals should once again challege that division for the crown. seeing as they havent lost much if anything @ all, and have sured up that defense
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-14, 03:41

What if he sucks this season.
Back to top Go down
wayne019
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
wayne019

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-14, 06:22

jesus mario that post wasnt needed if he sucks he sucks. his a good nickel corner and a good punt and kickoff returner that the bengals havent had in a long time.
Back to top Go down
2ToN
2ToN

Number of posts : 1147
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-14, 14:12

wayne dont heckle marios posts...let him post and leave the rest to the mods
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/360gaunts
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-14, 16:33

wayne019 wrote:
jesus mario that post wasnt needed if he sucks he sucks. his a good nickel corner and a good punt and kickoff returner that the bengals havent had in a long time.

He was a good nickle CB and was a good KR but im starting to have my doubts about him it's been a while since he played and when he was with dallas he looked like he lost all his talent and also fumbled a KR or i believe it was a PR so i doubt he'll be what he used to be.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-14, 20:09

he's rusty sure, but he's still young// and has plenty of time to make up what he lost. he wont have an immediate impact, put mid season he should have his bearing backs
Back to top Go down
super_mario90
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
super_mario90

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-15, 04:02

I hope he does beome a BEAST!!!! again but realisticaly thats gonna be hard.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty2010-05-15, 04:05

even if he doesnt get a ton of time at CB, he's still a great return man, he's got great value there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adam Jones a Bengal   Adam Jones a Bengal Empty

Back to top Go down

Adam Jones a Bengal
Page 1 of 1