Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pakman
New MS Member
New MS Member
Pakman

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-03-01

Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46 Empty
PostSubject: Stopping Off-tackle with 46   Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46 Empty2010-04-12, 00:16

I use the 46 defense and the one thing that has been killing me is the off-tackle.. I contain the DE on the strong side and Spy the opposite End but some how they seem to find a hole. If i run man they take the outside and burn me. If i run zone they find a hole like i previously stated. any plays or tips out of the 46 that can really lock this up?

Last edited by Pakman on 2010-04-12, 00:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Subject was spelt incorrectly.)
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46   Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46 Empty2010-04-12, 01:15

You might want to try reblitzing the end and have a lb in contain. I don't use 4-6 but the only way I stop it is by blitzing off the edges strong and and usering my lb. Also make sure you have atleast 1 safety back just incase he breaks a tackle.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46   Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46 Empty2010-04-19, 02:23

46 Inside Blitz
put your MLB on the left (of screen) next to the guy over the center and reblitz
and turbo blitz your s. over the lb in front of him
you can add a contain or flat zone with one of your free db's

but usually you can shoot through the a gap with your s.
Back to top Go down
Brian Fantana
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46   Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46 Empty2010-04-26, 19:26

I use inside blitz and contain the ends. I've been shutting down the run lately.
Back to top Go down
allain43
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
allain43

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46   Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46 Empty2010-04-26, 19:30

just contain the end they are abusing and use the outside linebacker on opposite side and acoid blockers with good stick skills
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46   Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stopping Off-tackle wiht 46
Page 1 of 1