Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK

Go down 
+2
saintsboy318
kdkyo87
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kdkyo87
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-04-02

NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty
PostSubject: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-06, 21:28

What up yall I just started using the saints playbook and I need some help. Can any one give me some plays, or some tips. And if yall can give me some free ebook plays for the saints. I know yall have then help a brother out!
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-07, 09:49

What you want to do is develop a mini-scheme.

Formation -Strong-I Close

Play 1- Off-tackle

This is one of the best running plays in the the game. Slide protect right and follow the full back.

Play 2- Y-trail

This play works againts man or zone, look for the y-receiver ( NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK 859845 ) to come across the middle. If he is not open by route design the tight end will come across "trail" him in the middle of the field. If for some reason he is not open (very rare) hit the full back in the flat.

Play 3 - Quick Toss

This play can potentially be deadly. All you have to do is motion your full back out to the right and slide protect right.

Play 4- Mesh

This play works best against man-to-man. By the formation you can read the defense pre-snap. If the corners are lined up 3 yards outside the receiver, he's in zone and you should run Y-trail. If they are lined up in front of the receiver's he's in man. First look for the receiver on the right to come across the middle on his drag route. Your second read should be the receiver on the left coming across the other side of the field. Your third read should be the full back out. You can also hot route the tight end on a streak to clear the safety.

Play 5- HB Dive

Once you have gashed your opponent outside with the off-tackle and the Quick toss, he will start moving linebackers to the outside. That's when you hit him straight up the middle. Slide protect up and follow blocking.

These five plays run in succession can bring great success. Practice this mini-scheme and it should take your game to another level.

Last edited by saintsboy318 on 2010-04-09, 13:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kdkyo87
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-07, 18:32

thanks
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-07, 22:39

saintsboy set you up man! I would only add PA WAGGLE and Really take a look at motion when using formation audible to the right with the STUTTERS play
You can apply some nice concepts with this set after the motion. The close proximity of the receivers lends itself to some very effective passing from undercenter, my favorite way for throwing the ball!
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-08, 02:38

^i see you irish. Its all about that compression set from under center
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-08, 09:48

Hey I use the Saints playbook if you want I can show you a couple plays I like to use it should help you out.

ADD ME c4jun1119
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
kdkyo87
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-08, 18:21

ok.cool c4jun1119
Back to top Go down
Alex510
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Alex510

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-09, 01:08

I just switched to NO and the running is soooo much better than NE, can't believe I waited this long. Does anyone have some good Shotgun passes in this PB? Still learning all the Shotty formations.
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-09, 10:21

Guns-Trey Open

Play 1- Saints seams

This play eats up man and zone. By formation you can read the defense pre-snap. If there is only one corner on the left and a linebacker lined up in front of the RB he's in man. Motion your running back out to the left and hot route him on a slant right. Your second read should be the slot guy on his skinny post. Your third read should be to rocket catch either outside wide receiver. If there are two corners lined up on the left he's in zone. Look for the slot guy on the skinny post to clear the LB's.The three receivers on the right eats zone coverage, the outside receiver " NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK 859845 " gets open often, if your QB has a strong arm make the bullet pass.

Play 2- HB Screen

This play is butter because it allows the Qb to roll out to the right and check the receiver slant first. If he is not open make the pass to the RB and follow your blocks.

Play 3- WR Screen

First put the far left receiver on a slant. He can be your first read. If he is not open he will be in great position to block for the screen to the far right receiver.

I have a lot more Shotgun plays, but unfortunately i'm at work right now. If u want I'll post them later.
Back to top Go down
Alex510
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Alex510

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty2010-04-09, 15:50

That'd be great, thanks man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK   NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK Empty

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP ON SAINTS PLAYBOOK
Page 1 of 1