Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)

Go down 
+6
B-__-R-__-B
dr806
PeytonMvPManning
Ellard
projectpag
wildbig42
10 posters
AuthorMessage
wildbig42
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2010-02-28

4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty
PostSubject: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 09:00

Hey all im looking for some good zone blitz and man blitz and zone blitz....and good pass defense plays plz post em
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 17:11

switch to 3-4, 4-3 is weak sauce
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 17:22

Both of these defenses seem to find flaws in my stick skills & execution:

4-3/4-4
Pros: Pretty simple to bring heat from all ends of the formations
Cons: Difficult to play effective Zone Coverage

3-4
Pros: Very easy to play Zone Coverage & Unpredictable blitzing schemes
Cons: Difficult to bring heat effectively and maintaining decent coverage & Weak teams will get double teamed vs. the run
Back to top Go down
PeytonMvPManning
Madden Advisor
Madden Advisor
PeytonMvPManning

Number of posts : 855
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 17:23

i like the play buzz duo out of 4-3 and just user the safety in the yellow zone
Back to top Go down
dr806
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2010-03-23

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 18:29

a decent nano blitz is out of the 4-3 over smoke mid zone....reblitz both of your already blitzing linebackers...put one over the center and right guard, next to your nose tackle, and user the other blitzing linebacker on top of the nose tackle....the middle should open up and you should get a sack...try not to use it on shotgun plays though.....screens and passes to the flats can kill this blitz though so watch the rb and make sure to dive at the qb
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 18:55

what playbook are you using defensively? ive never run a 3-4 i think its very effective and its real nice when your trying to hide your heat but i simply cant run it, im a 4-3 guy through and through so ive picked up alot of plays and schemes over time but the thing i would suggest to you is find a 4-3 with a unique formation, such as the 46 in the eagles, jags, and raiders playbooks, IMO the strongest 4-3 books are the eagles, the titans, and the falcons, they all have a unique formation plus the 4-3, philadelphia has the 46, the titans have the 4-4 (best D IMO), and the falcons have the 2-4-5, running with this playbook gives you the 4-3 with a lil twist that you can use to stregnthen your D.
Back to top Go down
dr806
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 19:16

i run tennesse's pb, the 4-4 doesn't work to well with the vikings because of their weak lb corp but with a little substitutions i make it work, ive never been able to stick to 3-4 defense
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 19:29

ive run the 4-4 since the game pretty much came out not too good at it at first but with practice ive become pretty good at it, although i never tried the vikings in my sheme as i only use the eagles i dont see why ya couldnt run it with them though? i would go:

LE- ray edwards- 82 OVR. 76 speed

RE- jared allen- 99 OVR. 80 speed

DT's- kevin williams- 97 OVR. 70 speed/ pat williams 91 OVR. 98 stregnth

LOLB- ben leber- 80 OVR. 88 tackle 82 hit power

MLB's- E.J. henderson- 86 OVR. 96 tackle 97 hit power 96 block shedding/ jasper brinkley- 80 tackle 91 hit power 88 block shed

ROLB- chad greenway- 88 OVR. 79 speed 93 tackle 79 hit power 88 block sheding

CB's- antoine winfield- 91 OVR. 80 tackle 80 hit power 95 zone coverage/ cedric griffin- 88 zone coverage

FS- tyrell johnson- 89 speed 92 jumping

- this is how i would run the 4-4 with the vikings, whats your setup look like?
Back to top Go down
dr806
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 20:51

my setup is the same but i chose onatulo over brinkley because of his 80 speed but he's a 48 overall lol, i might go back to brinkley though....i like getting in zone coverage in it though that's why i like the speed, and against a team with fast receivers the delayed bump n run blitz i run doesnt work as effectively. I also through in sum fag d sometimes to switch it up. its a solid defense i like it, but lately i've been turbo blitzing out of the dime
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 21:05

onatulo's speed is nice but i would play it safe with brinkley as i feel he can make more tackles and cause turnovers cuz of his hit power rating, speed isnt everything, its nice to have but i run the 4-4 with the eagles now they have some speed but theres only three legit backers with speed, the others are slower but make sure tackles in the open field so i play bradley and trotter inside as they are the biggest and shed the blocks the best out of all the eagles backers, then i got jordan (84 speed) and witherspoon (85 speed) i drop my OLB's more than i blitz them so having my best zone guys on the outside is a plus, trotter and bradley have under 75 speed but get more sacks than my faster guys, so dont worry that brinkley's speed isnt amazing he will stil produce for you man.
Back to top Go down
dr806
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 21:09

yea ima switch him out because the speed really isn't everything....he usually misses tackles and is not really a solid player...
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-03-29, 21:17

yea speed is a nice asset to have but if he cant cover or tackle what the use? ill be flexible with guys that are fast cant tackle but have nice zone ratings as i can drop them or guys that are fast can tackle but arent too good in coverage as i can just blitz them more, but if you cant do either really well then i dont have a spot for you in my scheme, i pretty much play the best player at that position.... well for the most part at least.
Back to top Go down
sliqnes
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
sliqnes

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-04-01, 16:26

B-__-R-__-B wrote:
yea speed is a nice asset to have but if he cant cover or tackle what the use? ill be flexible with guys that are fast cant tackle but have nice zone ratings as i can drop them or guys that are fast can tackle but arent too good in coverage as i can just blitz them more, but if you cant do either really well then i dont have a spot for you in my scheme, i pretty much play the best player at that position.... well for the most part at least.

Can we lab i see your on ps3 and use philly... my psn is Sl901
Back to top Go down
aFanOntheField
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-04-08, 23:33

I run a 4-3. In the 4-3 normal there's a play called "Buzz Weak". It's a zone with each OLB in purple the MLB in yellow and the SS in Flat Zone.

I like to use this play alot. You can do several things with this play but it works well as it is. It sometimes works against the run, depending on how smart your players are I suppose, but I can use it against the run with relative confidence.

I like the SS in the flat zone because no one expects him to go to that area of the field and also sometimes the offensive Tackle will think the SS is on a blitz because of the angle he takes to the flats sorta like this < so sometimes its an instant sack because the T leaves his man.

The play is called "Buzz Weak" so it's meant to attack the weak side. So if the TE is on the right side of your screen flip the play. You don't have to flip it everytime because this play is flexible but that's its design. Works best against 2 wrs and is quite a suprise at stopping the run. Play around with it and tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-04-08, 23:44

^^^This play is immaculate! I dont run 4-3 but Buzz Weak is my main audible play because of its versatility. Its one of the only plays I know of w purple and flat zones. W a few tweaks you can really force some turnovers w this play.
Back to top Go down
aFanOntheField
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-04-09, 00:10

Yeah it really is flexible, well designed and confuses alot of people. I love it but if those zones get stretched it leaves alot of holes, but its practically my base D right now and I just audible from there or hot route. I bet the 3-4 version is stout!
Back to top Go down
XtremeWTRocker
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
XtremeWTRocker

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty2010-04-09, 01:45

4-3 Over-Fire Zone 2
1. Spread LBs
2. Reblitz ROLB
3. Reblitz LOLB
4. Place LOLB about 5 yards off the LOS over the center
When the play starts, your LOLB will run at the center and attract his attention. When he comes out to block the LOLB, manually drop him back into hook zone coverage. The ROLB should come clean off the edge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)   4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :) Empty

Back to top Go down

4-3 help not engouragement to go to 3-4 :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Defensive Strategy-
Jump to: