Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

rolle vs. jackson

Go down 
+2
eaglefan1019
B-__-R-__-B
6 posters
AuthorMessage
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-03-11, 00:51

okay so with the giants aquiring antrel rolle and the eagles comming to terms with colts DB marlin jackson who makes the biggest difference? both are expected to upgrade there new teams D, the good pass rush should come back to the giants with canty and some others returning to the lineup, but on the other hand the eagles D is expected to be more solid than last year with the return of MLB stewart bradley and the free agent aquisition marlin jackson wich as of right now is seen to play that FS position that was a revoving door last year.
my question to all of you is assuming they both start who makes the biggest difference? who helps there team the most? and who has the most value out of the two? ya'l know i gotta go with jackson but rolle is a real nice pickup for the G-men but as of right now as an eagles fan im goin with jackson, lemme get your guys thoughts and opinions on the situation at hand. thank you!
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-03-08

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-03-21, 00:49

Rolle is overated Giants have problems with Osi there secondary in general and trying to replace Antonio Pierce which was like us losing Dawkins its going to bite them in the ass real hard.
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-03-21, 00:56

eaglefan1019 wrote:
Rolle is overated Giants have problems with Osi there secondary in general and trying to replace Antonio Pierce which was like us losing Dawkins its going to bite them in the ass real hard.

Rolle was over paid, But hes a vast improvement to C.C. Our secondary was bad last season due to injuries. Ross, KP, and Rolle will be in there this year, all three of which are starting caliber.

Pierce's performance was trash. He played because he was the leader and called the audibles, which will be missed. No matter who is playing for him(Goff, Blackburn or a rookie like McClain/Weatherspoon), there will not be a talent drop off. In fact, we are changing systems, and Pierce would 1. No longer no the system, and 2. Not fit into it. We are better off without him. Not to mention he was never the same caliber of a player as Dawkins.

--
I dont think Marlin is that great of a player. Is he really playing FS? Not sure if thats a good fit for him. I really expect you guys to go after Earl Thomas, which would be a tremendous fit for your system.

I think Rolle is a much more important pick up. He is replacing C.C. Brown - a guy who I am shocked is even in the NFL. Marlin would be replacing Sean Jones, an average safety.
Back to top Go down
layinWOOD
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
layinWOOD

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2010-03-14

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-04-11, 02:51

Antrel Rolle is a way bigger move and will make a difference in the Giants secondary. Rolle is a proven playmaker and a ballhawk on d. I think he was overshadowed by Adrian Wilson in AZ and will be an elite Safety in the NFL. As for Marlin Jackson, he's more of a nickel back and on the slower side for a db. He has never played at the safety position and I just don't see him making much of an impact.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-04-11, 03:50

marlin did play a lil saftey at michigan so he's not totally new to the position like macho was last year but none the less those knee injuries worry me a lil bit i'd like to see macho given another chance to be the starter cuz i think he's got great upside, but at this point he's really raw and new to the position but i do like that he plays with a mean streak, i hope jackson can step in and contribute right away cuz i feel like the eagles D will suffer again if they dont resolve the saftey position problem. also i heard darren sharper might be a good fit for philly? just rumor at this point i assume.
Back to top Go down
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-04-11, 03:59

I think Earl Thomas should be you man. He fits in perfectly with the Eagles system.

Sharper is old. Im confident he could fit any system, but Philly is getting younger and building for the future, so bringing in Sharper for a year or 2 wouldnt be a great move imo.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-04-11, 04:10

agreed on the sharper thing man but right now that spot is like a revolving door, it would be great if earl thomas fell to the eagles but he's very talented and i see other teams int the earlier rounds taking him, but he really does compliment the eagles DB's so well.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-04-11, 06:15

i could see the low experience working against jackson
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-04-11, 13:45

Jackson is average Rolle is great.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty2010-04-11, 14:50

i really dont see jackson as the solution to the FS problem in philly, i think its gonna be macho, or some talented rookie they bring in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rolle vs. jackson Empty
PostSubject: Re: rolle vs. jackson   rolle vs. jackson Empty

Back to top Go down

rolle vs. jackson
Page 1 of 1