Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Need Help With using Philly's Defense

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2010-03-08

Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty
PostSubject: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 01:57

So im decent at madden or so I think im 85-45 online for xbox live.
Anyways I have no problem scoring with philly because im pretty good mixing up the run
and the pass an I know everybodys strengths or weaknesses. But its the D I always get scored on an this is the only team that happens the most. I use a 3-4 defense with the
Jets playbook an I just cant seem to get pressure to the qb cuz the eagles (like in real life)
linebackers sucks an there fs is garbage an besides trent cole there d line sucks can someone
help me what formation or what I should be doing on defense with them?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 03:07

well first off if you dont appreciate the D it aint gone work for you no matter what the scheme is, you gotta look at there upside not there flaws, there linebackers are better then people give them credit for, the D-line can be beastly, and the saftey situation in philly can easily be solved with a few minor adjustments.
the D-line IMO is made more for a 4 front not a 3 front, if you think the backers are weak why would you play a 3-4 with them? on the D-line you got bunkley & patterson 88 and 83 OVR. thats not bad at all, at DE you got cole who is a 96 OVR. and opposite him you have parker who is an 80 OVR. out of those 4 guys i just named none of them drop under 80 OVR. thats pretty good IMO, now the eagles linebacking core is deceptively fast you have jordan at 84 speed, witherspoon at 85 speed, white at 82 speed, and fokou at 79 speed, so there's deffinetly room to work now i run a 4-4 and for my four backers i like J.T. and stewie in the middle cuz there slower and have better tackle ratings, and on the outside i have jordan and witherspoon cuz there fast and have good zone coverage ratings, i have fokou and white backing up both OLB positions, and gocong and mays backing up my inside backers for me that setup right there is good enough, for the saftey situation you have 9 DB's to choose from they have 3 real good corners so you could put sheldon up top i do this from time to time cuz he has that 83 hit power rating that comes in handy when defending crossing routes or stuffing the run, the thing about all the safties and CB's on the eagles is that there isnt one thats good at everything they all have something unique that makes them valuable to you, sheldon can hit and has 89 speed, S.J. has decent speed, is the tallest of the groupe, and can hit (88 hit power), macho has again decent speed but the best ball handling skills out of the groupe, mikell has the best OVR. rating, he's pretty fast, and can lay some licks for you, demps is the fastest of the safties at 89 speed, so if you like fast guys over tall guys hes the way to go, you could even play brown and samuel at CB's and kick hobbs up top to FS that 90 speed and that 92 jump rating can come in handy when ball hawking only knock against him as a safty is that he's small and cant support the run too well thats why i stay away from him at saftey but if im playing say the raiders you better bet im playin hobbs and demps at saftey.
what i like to do is when its a run down or i see a run formation i like to sub in S.J. or mikell cuz there more stoute against the run, if its a passing down or he comes out with multiple recievers then ill sub in either demps or harris as there more likely to make a play on a jump ball.
in a 3-4 alignment wich i would shy away from just cuz i dont think the eagles have the personel for it, i would go:

LE: trent cole

RE: mike patterson

DT: broderick bunkley

OLB's: akeem jordan and will witherspoon

ILB's: J.T. and stewie

CB's: samuel and brown

FS: rotate between macho, demps, and possibly hobbs but deffinetly macho and demps

SS: rotate between mikell and S.J.

thats just what i would do but really you gotta have luv for the D or its not gonna work man. hope it helps if you have any other questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 14:25

which playbook do you use?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 14:36

i run the 4-4 in TEN's playbook.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 16:30

I can't private message you yet so some of this is off topic but what do you do on defense with them do you blitz a lot an do you use a defensive end or linebacker? For offensive whats your strategy and what playbook do you use? I use pitts I try to get the ball to desean early then drop it off to celek an avant. Which rb do you start or use more mccoy or westbrook? An do you use Michael Vick at all on offense? Let me know thanks
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 16:43

its all you man what works for me might now work for you, for offense i use jackson the least as people like to user him and double him and all that great stuff so i find that maclin, avant, and brown, get the ball the most, i dont use a TE in my scheme too much so occasionally ill use celek as WR so i can RC, i also RC with avant, brown, and maclin. i start westbrook cuz of his carry rating, but mix in mccoy as well, i use buckley on the goaline, i mix in weaver in the run game as well so a 3 back rotation with buckley on the GL, i rarely use vick i will use him on designed rollouts and designed QB sneaks i never sit in the pocket with him and i dont use him full time, kolb fits my style better than vick does cuz he's more of a pocket passer so if mcnabb were to go out of the game i would play kolb over vick just cuz he fits my style of passing.
as for defense i blitz a ton, but thats not cuz im using the eagles i do this with any team i use, pressure is the key, its more about your blitz and its setup than it is the personel, i user my single high saftey i rotate depending on the situation (run vs. pass) i use STL playbook on offense but really if pitts workin for you stick with it.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 16:50

how do i know the difference between a run defensive play or pass an do you play zone or man?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 17:04

what do you mean run defensive play or pass? with the eagles you can really play both i dont play man i feel like its too easy to get beat dep with crossing routes or unbumps, so i strickly zone, there zone ratings are better than there man coverage ratings so thats why i play a zone with them as well, if you wanted to play man though they could do that as well. there versatile man you can do a ton with them.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 17:49

I mean how do you know the difference between a defensive play against the run an against the pass
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 17:53

alot of my setups work agaisnt run and pass i would shy away from bringing one sided outside pressure against run sets though but my scheme is setup so that "i" the user must make a play on the ball, against run formations i like to take away the A gaps against pass sets where they spread the field i tend to bring outside pressure as they are most of the time expecting a blitz up the middle. in my scheme wether its run or pass it all still depends on how and who i user, so if i mess up its on me.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 22:23

what is the A gaps? wow I feel like a nub and do you only use the 4-4 the whole game?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 23:14

the A gaps are located between the center and guard on both sides thats why theres two of each gap, the B gaps are located inbetween the guard and tackle, and C from the tackles out.

ill just put it this way if the 4-4 is beastin then theres no way im gettin out of it but if im getttin schorched then you better bet ima change it up maybe go to nickle strong or dollar.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-09, 23:46

alright so in the depth chart this is what i have

mlb stewart then trotter
rolb witherspoon jordan
lolb gocong foku

how do you have youu depth chart so it beasts with thr 4-4
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-10, 00:00

i feel like your stessin over the setup and you dont need to your setup sounds just fine, its more about your blitzes and your defensive scheme as a whole, ill give you my depth chart and reasons for doing so.

LE: juqua parker- i rotate him out with abiamiri when i drop my ends and gocong or howard if he's tired and its a run situation.

RE: trent cole-..... cuz he's a beast?....

DT's: broderick bunkley and mike patterson- both play the run very well, if im droppin my DT's ill sub in more athletic DE's for that.

LOLB: akeem jordan- 84 speed, 70 zone coverage, and like i said before i like my faster guys on the outside.

MLB's: jeremiah trotter and stewart bradley- i think they play the inside run the best and there slower so i like them in the middle.

ROLB: will witherspoon- he's got 85 speed, and 74 zone coverage, same situation as jordan i like my faster guys on the outside.

CB's: asante samuel and sheldon brown- best CB's on the team nuff said...

FS: i rotate a few players at this position depending on the situation, run downs or against run formations i like to play mikell or S.J., and against passing downs or multiple reciever looks i like to play demps harris, i stay away from hobbs cuz i like him being able to spell sameul or brown if needed.

SS: in a 4-4 there is no SS so i just put whoever it doesnt matter to me.

if i were you i would stay away from gocong on the outside he only has 69 speed, so i like to put him behind my starting DE's and behind your starting MLB's, i think this way you get the most out of him, but lik i said before your setup is good and if it works for you dont change it.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-10, 00:11

do you pick your play on defense first or you let the offensive pick then you decide?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-10, 01:40

im at the point right now where i could pretty much call my blitz then audible if needed, but just to be on the safe side and so's not to get ahead of myself i let them pick there play first, ive only ran into one person that thought that was cheap, i dono why but he did. so if i were you let them pick there play, there formation should show then just pick your D accordingly.
Back to top Go down
eaglefan1019
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-10, 01:55

idk what my defensive audibles should be because right now there at default an they havent worked for me so far :/
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty2010-03-10, 02:45

well that will all come in time and with practice, i have it so i pick one play then if needed audible to other plays that protect against certain things such as tosses, screens, etc... jus mess with it, think if i call this play then needed to stop this type of play what would i call? that should help you set your audibles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help With using Philly's Defense   Need Help With using Philly's Defense Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help With using Philly's Defense
Page 1 of 1