Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Free411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal Empty
PostSubject: Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal   Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal Empty2010-03-08, 18:25

I was playing against a lvl 30 ( I know all high levels arent good but people seem to be more comfortable with a play when they see that it is successful against a high level, i really dont know why but whatever) and he kept quick passing me and running with vick and he would kill me on the long ball sometimes with desean but i understnad why because it was a cover 2 so i go into 4-3 normal and choose a play called double qb spy, now i know the coverage looks iffy but its actually pretty good what you do is:

Leave the coverage the same, (you can spread your lbs out if you want and move lbs to be in front of the slots to prevent super quick passes)
Then you take one of your defensive ends and move him all the to the other side of the line and put behind the other end or next too and you have to user the DE that you moved, once the QB calls hike manually rush in and get the sack....this play is especially great with a team with beasty DE's like the Viks, Colts, Eagles (Trent Cole), etc.

-Why this play w/ this strategy is good is because:
1) you get nano like speed with the rush of the DE b/c for some reason the line doesnt try to block the DE if he rushes from behind the other DE
2) quick pass and flats are covered and when you rush in thats the first thing your opp. will look for thus forcing him to either throw a pick or the ball away
3) if they have scrambling QB's you have to qb spies and for some reason in madden when a QB scrambles no matter what LB it is they always seem to have a good chances at hawking the QB no matter the speed

Now im not gonna just praised this play to the point where i completely ignore what can stop it, when running this play beware that your opp can stop it keeping the RB to block (but if your DE is strong enough he will alot of times blow past the RB too)
or they can slide protect ( meaning you might have to rush at an even wider angle but you can still get blocked).... I just find that if you throw in this strategy at the right moment when they dont expect it it can be a major game changer

*side note- one thing you can do to make this strategy useful is you can play with your opp's mind and trick him into thinking you will rush in, instead of rushing in with the de you can bring him over as if your gonna rush thn drop back in coverage thus giving you an extra zone which is always a help...but yea there you go
Back to top Go down
cushy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
cushy23

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal   Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal Empty2010-03-08, 18:53

sounds pretty intresting, ill have to try this
Back to top Go down
cody2009
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2009-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal   Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal Empty2010-03-09, 00:34

i do this but i dont bring my de around .. its my most effective play against quick passes and quick play actions.. i have it as an audible and i usally go with a formation with 4 cornerbacks and audible to it.. and try to have my lb at des and my des at dt... good if ur playing with a team like chargers or ravens or anyone that would usually run a 3-4 cause their des are more like dt with speed.. press coverage .. some times i change it up by putting my de in spy and blitz the lbs or put in a diffrent coverage..... and put des in qb contain to stop playaction.. all in all i love this setup..
Back to top Go down
Alex510
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Alex510

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal   Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal Empty2010-03-09, 15:43

This is one of the best plays in 4-3 plays that isn't known about. It straight kills short passes over the middle and it's great at stopping both inside and outside runs.

Last edited by Alex510 on 2010-03-10, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal   Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal Empty2010-03-10, 11:13

gotta lab that. Im caught between what playbook to use at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal   Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal Empty

Back to top Go down

Double QB Spy 4-3 Normal
Page 1 of 1