Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Cowboys D set up for 4-4

Go down 
+2
Skane3
romo2miles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty
PostSubject: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-07, 22:25

How do would you set it up for best results with the cowboys?
Back to top Go down
Skane3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Skane3

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-07, 22:52

Ask BRB. Only 44 guy i kno here..
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 01:11

well in my scheme i drop my ends alot so i would play spencer and ware there just cuz there not only taking up the tackles they'll drop in coverage and at time be your nano guy so i like to have athletic 4-3 defensive ends i like to stay away from 3-4 defensive ends like bowens or hatcher, i would also kick olshansky to DT that way your stout inside and athletic all across the board, people like to say you need speed to run the 4-4 but i would disagree with that beacuse i use the eagles and J.T. and stewie are far from speedsters yet they get a majority of my sacks.
as for you linebackers its really up to you dallas i would say averages about 80 in the speed catagory, i would say though you gotta start jason williams somewhere though he's got 87 speed with a 78 zone rating so deffinetly start him and at the single high saftey i think everyone would agree with pat watkins? its all up to you man, just remember its about athletecism and versatility in you players with the 4-4 not just speed. any other questions dont be afraid to ask man.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 12:23

The thing is. Ratliff is a monster, but he's small for a DT so where does he go?
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 12:43

sure ratliff is a lil undersized for a 3-4 DT cuz usually there gap eating power pigs but ratliff excells at penetrating the pocket, he's one of a few undersized 3-4 defensive tackles that excells at his position, if he can do that in a 3 front imagine what havoc he can wreak in a 4 man front where he's less likely to get double teamed, i like ratliff and olshansky inside as your two DT's cuz your stoute against the run and you still get all the penetrating abilities that ratliff brings to the table now mix that with ware and spencer dropping and comming off the edge, along with james brooking and williams lurking and blitzing, and big pat watkins over top you got yourself one hell of a defense. its all about versatility and athleticism with the 4-4.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 15:39

So I've come to this set up..let me know what you think.

DT 1: Ratliff
DT 2: Olshansky

MLB 1: Williams
MLB 2: James

LOLB: Sensabaugh (decent speed and good coverage ability)
ROLB: Octavien

LE: Spencer
RE: Ware

CB 1: Jenkins
CB 2: T-New
CB 3: Scandrick
CB 4: Ball/Gordon

FS: Watkins
SS: K. Hamlin (hit power) or Ball (speed)
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 16:35

your setup is nice and if it works for you stick with it, if i were running it, it would go a lil something like this:

LE: anthony spencer

RE: demarcus ware

DT's: jay ratliff & igor olshansky

LOLB: bobby carpenter

MLB's: brady james & keith brooking

ROLB: jason williams

CB's: mike jenkins & terence newman

FS: Pat watkins

ok so i like carpenter and williams as OLB's cuz there faster and have better range in coverage and in my scheme i drop my OLB's more than i do my inside backers, i feel like having james and brooking in the middle will help stop anything between the tackles, also if you think about it your inside backers are gonna get to the QB faster than your OLB's comming off the edge will so if you must choose between fast sucky OVR rated players and slower good OVR rated players just play your faster guys on the edge as it will speed up the outside blitz. Now dont be too bumed about ware and spencer being at the DE spots cuz in my scheme i drop them more then i bring theme so they will be plenty active, as i said before you'll be tough inside with igor and jay and having two MLB's (bradie and keith) who have 90+ in the tackle rating only stiffins that inside run defense, now in the 4-4 you only have 1 single high saftey so i dont worry too much about SS, i like watkins cuz i user the FS position and having a guy thats 6'5 that can go up and defend jump balls is a great asset to have, now i have jenkins over newman only cuz in the 4-4 alignment the starting corner is on the left and most guys play with there number 1 reciever on the right so i start him out there and if you OPP. switches what side his #1 is on just simply go to the CB switch package or manually sub them for each other.
Back to top Go down
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 16:49

your ideas are good. i like them. i always played sensabaugh at lolb because of his speed and coverage. i don't know i just liked it. bobby is good? i'll give it a try. thanks
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 17:13

here i got something for ya on run downs or when he comes out in run formations play your outside backers, when its a passing situattion or he comes out in a multiple reciever set simply sub your OLB's out and put in your SS's coverage problem solved, ive seen people auidble to the 4-4 from other formations but i rarely do that i mean i dont wanna go totall DB's across the board if you do you might as well get into dime or dollar cuz at that point the strength of the 4-4 wich is having 4 backers and 4 down lineman is taken away, so you might as well go to a nickle, dime, or dollar package, jus mess with it and im sure you'll come up with something unique to you.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 17:34

You must have Pat Watkins in the safety spot, the dude is an animal.. I would put Sensabaugh at one of the OLB and Ware at the other.. Mainly because getting outside heat from the 4-4 with the OLB's is so easy, and Ware is faster than any of the SS's.. I would have Spencer and Olshanskie at the DE's, and Ratliff and the other DT i forgot his name are fine..

Was it to hard to just put Newman instead of "T New"? Haha
Back to top Go down
romo2miles
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 19:06

haha thats just what i call him
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 22:37

Cowboys

LE-Spencer
DT-Ratliff
DT-Spears/Igor
RE-Ware
LOLB-B.James
MLB-Brooking
MLB2-
Carpenter
ROLB-Williams
CB1-Jenkins
Cb2-Newman
FS-Watkins/Sensabaugh/Ball

If
you want Ware off the line, put Octavion at his position and put Ware
and sit either Carpenter or Williams. The 4-4 needs a speed on the
edges and this set up, gives you an average of 83 speed which is pretty
good.
This is at least what i've come up with.
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
B.Z.
New MS Member
New MS Member
B.Z.

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 22:56

Any defense with the Boys must contain Pat Watkins.

End of story
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty2010-03-08, 23:23

if i didnt user the single high saftey in the 4-4 i would probably have newman and scandrick as my CB's and jenkins at that single high saftey position, as they have the better zone ratings, and in the 4-4 running man IMO is a very very bad idea, as there are already coverage issues with it, but since i would use that single high saftey it would be all 6'5 of pat watkins all day, but ill never play with the boys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cowboys D set up for 4-4   Cowboys D set up for 4-4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cowboys D set up for 4-4
Page 1 of 1