Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.

Go down 
+4
EggzOverEazy
Hormel
MiamiXCanes
TheDon270
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty
PostSubject: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 02:08

As alot of boxing fans know, Floyd and Sugar Shane are fighting on May 1st...It is a very huge fight for the sport of boxing. It is a key fight for lock of the welterweight division which is 147lbs.....Before I give my reasons why I feel Floyd will lose the fight, let me explain...And please don't be biast...I've watched the sport of boxing as long as I've been a Raider fan....Thats a long time...Out of the past 10 years I predicted key boxing matches, I've only been wrong 5 times...For real....I love the sport of boxing as much as I love football and my Raiders....But here we go....Here are my reasons why Floyd will lose to Shane...

1. Don't be fooled by the fact Floyd is still undefeated..Look at the fighters he conquered compared to Shane. Shane has fought the better competition. Shane's fights with Cotto and Margarito, is better then any of Floyd's last 5-10 fights. Don't say De La Hoya was the toughest for Floyd either, or better then Cotto and Margarito.....De la Hoya was washed up already, when he fought Floyd. And Floyd should of lost his first fight with Castillo...Castillo is a B- or C fighter...Also, Shane beat De La Hoya many years back when Oscar was a better fighter then, compared to him fighting Floyd not too far back. Also, before Floyd retired, Floyd DUCKED and refused to fight Margarito for 3-4 years. And that is the truth.

2. It's quite obvious who the hungrier fighter is..Floyd talks about money too much. He is too worried about "cashing checks." Shane keeps saying he wants to fight the best, and he has been true to his word. Shane always had money. And you never hear him talk about it either. And don't even say Shane wants money, because when he failed at trying to fight Pacquiao, he was willing to take 30 percent....

3. Floyd's ego will be his downfall...Hell, I even think Floyd has a suspect chin. Because of the fact that Floyd does alot of hitting and running..I feel he doesn't like to be hit..Matter fact, I don't think he likes exchanging punches either...He reminds of Roy Jones Jr..They are very similar fighters...Roy was a great fighter until he fell to the hands of Antonio Tarver from that left hook knocking him out..The point is, no matter how good your defense is in boxing, you can still get lit...And I really feel if Floyd gets lit up, he will fall..And from that point on, he will never be the same.

4. Do I feel Floyd has a chance to beat Shane? Yes he does. But I won't say Floyd has a much better chance then Shane. I think the cards are in Shane's favor. Shane managed to bait Floyd and reel him in...At the same time, Floyd was desperate because the Pacquiao talks died and he had nobody to fight when Pac-Man announced he would fight Josh Clottey instead. Floyd figures he can beat Shane, and if that happens, he will use that fight as a bargaining chip against Pac-Man..Mosley's name is much bigger then Clottey, and Floyd will be quick to let the world know that. Therefore, that gives him ANOTHER EXCUSE not to fight Pac-Man. The steroid allegations against Pacquiao was questionable. And I think its funny that Floyd wouldn't fight Pacquiao, when Pacquiao has been clean and never tested positive for anything illegal..But Floyd wishes to fight Shane instead, and Shane admitted to using the illegal stuff in the past...Hmmmmm....I wonder.....

5. I honestly feel Floyd will never finish his boxing career undefeated. He will not surpass Rocky Marciano's record, which was 49-0 with 43 knockouts...And Rocky retired as the heavyweight champ too.......Sure Floyd had an excellent career, but he will never be mentioned in the same category as Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Sugar Ray Leonard, and to be mentioned with them, Floyd has to step up and show the world he can do more then just hit and run........
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 02:33

all very valid points don. i do disagree with one thing though. his record stands at 40-0 i think (close to that). dont you think somebody who doesnt have a chin would have been exposed by now? yes he hasnt faught the top fighters but SOMEBODY woulda caught him by now with a nice shot and layed him out.

dude can box, and he is one of the greatest of all time

i respectfully dissagree...PBF in a split
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 02:40

I hear what you are saying crazyblack, but look how long it took for roy's chin to be exposed...
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 04:46

Floyd is a marketing genius, he does all that s*** to get attention and he does get attention, You said that Floyd doesn't like to get hit, well who does? He's a smart and safe boxer and he will wear down Shane before Shane has a chance to lite him up.

So what happen to Floyd vs Pacquiao ?
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 21:21

Hormel wrote:
Floyd is a marketing genius, he does all that s*** to get attention and he does get attention, You said that Floyd doesn't like to get hit, well who does? He's a smart and safe boxer and he will wear down Shane before Shane has a chance to lite him up.

pretty much what happend is floyd demanded random drug tresting and it had to done by blood testing and it was alowed as close to 48 hours before the fight. it just so happens that manny HATES needles and didnt want to do it, rasing questions about if he used PEDs. IMO, he found something that he knew manny wouldnt agree to, and threw that in the contract to make it look like manny was ducking him and not the other way around. like don said, its kinda weird that he would do that with manny and then take on somebody who is a known user of PEDs in the past
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 21:24

good post.

i still say floyd is one of the best boxers of all time, but i totally agree that his ego is getting out of control. i think he's losing sight of himself, and if he is then he will be losing sight of himself as a boxer as well.
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 21:45

Hormel wrote:

I hear what you saying Hormel. There are still boxers out there who don't care about getting hit just to hit you with something more powerful. For example, Margarito, Shane has done it, Frazier, Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, as well as others.....And notice the legends of the ring I mentioned...They have been in excellent battles and wars..These guys have fought at another level and excelled in the toughest fights possible...Floyd has never been in these epic fights that were memorable like the legends of the ring. And until Floyd can fight and show determination plus heart through any hell he may be enduring in the ring, he will never be mentioned as a past great like the Sugar Ray Robinson, Ali, Frazier, Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, etc......And its funny, because nobody really remembers an epic fight with Floyd and mentions it...But they do talk about the past fights of the legends I've mentioned.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 22:32

from a fans point of view your right don, we want to see those fights, we want the fights where they just stand and swing and fight through those blows (aka Arturo Gatti...R.I.P) but you cant hate a guy for being a very skilled, technical defencive boxer like floyd is. the guy picks his shots, and he just doesnt get hit. his head movement is A+, his control of the ring is A+. i think the fact that he hasnt been hit nd rocked is just a testament to how good his D is. theres 2 sides to boxing, and PBF has MASTERED the defencive side of the sport and that IMO makes him one of the best of all time
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 22:52

MiamiXCanes wrote:
from a fans point of view your right don, we want to see those fights, we want the fights where they just stand and swing and fight through those blows (aka Arturo Gatti...R.I.P) but you cant hate a guy for being a very skilled, technical defencive boxer like floyd is. the guy picks his shots, and he just doesnt get hit. his head movement is A+, his control of the ring is A+. i think the fact that he hasnt been hit nd rocked is just a testament to how good his D is. theres 2 sides to boxing, and PBF has MASTERED the defencive side of the sport and that IMO makes him one of the best of all time

You have a good point Black...Yes, Floyd is a good defensive fighter. I feel he is too cautious though...As I've said before, he reminds me of Roy Jones in his prime. They both fight very similar...And look at Roy now...Roy has never been the same ever since Tarver laid him out. No matter how good someone's defense is, doesn't make it impossible to penetrate. I've seen Floyd take a good hit from Zab when they fought. And it did rock him. I've seen Castillo rock Floyd too. Floyd ain't impossible to stop. I feel Mosley is the right fighter to stop Floyd. Shane is still quick enough to hit Floyd. And Shane's power is remarkable...Go see the footage of him knocking out Margarito, which was the guy every critic said had an iron chin, has never been knocked down or ko'd, and was going to end Shane's career.....Bernard Hopkin's trainer Nazeem Richardson got Mosley ready for Margarito..Hell, Nazeem is the trainer that caught Margarito being hand wrapped illegally....That is attention to detail right there. Nazeem is training Shane for Floyd. And I bet he will have a excellent plan to attack Floyd. The key to beating Floyd I feel, is to make him so uncomfortable in the ring to where it changes Floyd's style, his strategy. And if Floyd is uncomfortable, that will benefit Shane to do his thing...And if Shane does indeed knockout Floyd, it will be from Shane's left hand........But I'm still predicting the knockout.....If not, Shane wins by decision.
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 23:16

your right, he is kind of a boring fighter IMO and i dont really like watching his fights cause he is so cautious. and if one person has the speed/power to KO him it is shane for sure. his power at the size he is is just crazy to me. but another thing, when a fighter gets KOed when he aging doesnt exactly mean he doesnt have a chin. ive seen floyd get rocked a little bit too, and i dont think his chin is all that great either but i feel like if shane KOs him, you cant say floyd has a very bad chin. i think its pretty average and people know that. its def gunna be a good fight for sure

ill even come back after the fight, and ill make a post about how you were right and i was wrong if shane wins lol

my final choice (chalk it up)...........

Floyd wins in a split decision!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 23:30

Floyd is to smart to go in and throw blows, all them fighters you are mentioning had/have something wrong with them, or an early death. taking punches like that to the dome isn't good for you, If I was a boxer, i would fight just like Floyd does, can't blame a guy for trying to save himself from brain damage.
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 23:55

why does manny hate kneedles...sounds like a ****** to me...lol i dont watch boxing..if they promoted it better i would still watch.i grew up watching boxing here and there but i cant get into it because im just lost i dont know anybody and any recent fights boxers history...but just as my opinion goes i just want to kno why the fk manny has to ****** out and not take a kneedle a couple days before a fight...if floyd is trying to get the upperhand by getting him to take a kneedle shot, then thats not that big of a upper hand...like i said i dont kno shtt but from someone who doesent pay attention that would like to kno more i think manny is duckin..take a kneedle...a kneedle ur buggin over a kneedle...a kneedle is that bad 2 days before a fight...theres something im not understanding...pardon my ignorance..somebody explain why manny wont take a kneedle...lol...
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-04, 23:56

KODOUBLE24 wrote:
why does manny hate kneedles...sounds like a ****** to me...lol i dont watch boxing..if they promoted it better i would still watch.i grew up watching boxing here and there but i cant get into it because im just lost i dont know anybody and any recent fights boxers history...but just as my opinion goes i just want to kno why the fk manny has to ****** out and not take a kneedle a couple days before a fight...if floyd is trying to get the upperhand by getting him to take a kneedle shot, then thats not that big of a upper hand...like i said i dont kno shtt but from someone who doesent pay attention that would like to kno more i think manny is duckin..take a kneedle...a kneedle ur buggin over a kneedle...a kneedle is that bad 2 days before a fight...theres something im not understanding...pardon my ignorance..somebody explain why manny wont take a kneedle...lol...

lol thats EXACTLY what floyd knew....he knew manny wouldnt take the needle so it looks like manny is duckin him
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-05, 00:08

alright im not gonna pretend to kno anything you guys obvously know more then me when it comes to boxing.. but in my humble opinion...i dont think mayweather is that scared of the dude...what does he have to be scared of...you really think hes so scared of losing that perfect record to manny when he could lose to mosley when u guys and everyone knows and people are predicting he can lose to mosley...this manny guy must be a beast...lol...cause u make it to sound and THIS AINT PERSONEL kid to be like mayweather is so scared of manny hes gonna do elaborate schemes so he dont gotta face him...is manny that powerful...if he is then he is, but i dont see any proof why manny is so tuff and mayweathers gonna always duck him cause hes petrified of him.LOL i would love to kno more about boxing maybe im gnna pick up a mag or sonin lol....
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-05, 00:37

lol manny is considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world and floyd is known for ducking people and not fighting the best fighters that are around.

also as don said, its very very weird floyd would do that with manny and use dug testing as an excuse, when he turns around and fights shane, who has admitted to using PEDs in the past
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-05, 02:34

Yo kodouble.....manny has never avoided drug tests or anything...he has never tested positive for anything illegal......matter fact, if you read my original post, I discussed about manny getting a last minute drugtest....
Back to top Go down
Hormel
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Hormel

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-05, 06:19

to be it looks like Manny is ducking also, come on you can't tell me the pound for pound best fighter in the world would turn down probably the biggest gross income for a fight in recent history because he is "scared" of needles, For 10 million dollars i'd let you poke me with an aids infested needle
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-05, 06:33

true but its different coming from us lol he doesnt need the money like we do
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-05, 13:53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFWJOwNycjg

what the fk is this dude talking about...take a kneedle u pus....hormel couldnt have said it any better...
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-05, 17:01

KODOUBLE24 wrote:

You know what. I should of elaborated on the pacman and floyd issue and it's funny, because the issue is being manipulated and twisted. Let me breakdown Floyd's manipulating ways for you...Before Floyd's anticipated fight with Diego Corrales back in 2001, Floyd was running his mouth off about Diego's business with his wife. He was talking about Corrales beating his wife and all this stuff, he was talking wreckless about it for months prior to the fight....What does this have to with Manny? Watch and see..Manny fought Erik Morales back in 2005. Manny agreed to drugtesting and all that..Weeks prior to the fight they gave Manny the needle and all that. Now, this is where it gets interesting...On the night of the fight, the Nevada State Athletic Commission came in and told Manny they would have to stick him again because they lost the results or some crazy ish like that..Well, Manny agreed and when he fought Erik Morales, he lost by a unaminous decision. Erik Morales stated that Manny's punches were very soft and he wasn't a hardhitter like the critics claimed...Interesting ain't it???? Well, During the fight Manny complained to his trainer Freddie Roach that he felt very weak. Well, the next time Manny and Morales fought, the commission made no mistakes with the drugtests and all, and Manny proceeded to beat the snot out of Morales. Matter fact, he knocked out Morales. And that was the first time in his career he been knocked out. Now, if you want to see the video interview with Manny in regards to his 1st fight with Morales, you can youtube it.......With that being said, Floyd runs his mouth off about things he shouldn't. He knew that Manny hated needles and didn't want to be poked on the night of the fight, because Manny really believes it will weaken him like it did the first time against Morales...Floyd knew this ahead of time, and he jumped on it. So that way the world can believe Manny is scared..As for the drugtesting Floyd wanted, the drugtesting would cease on the night of the fight and they can still test you that night, not 2 days in advance, not 7 days in advance, or whatever Mayweather claimed. That is random drugtesting protocol, and protocol calls for the drugtesting to cease when they finish sticking you that day or night of the fight...Regardless of what Floyd states, the random testing can still get Manny to give up his blood before the fight, on the day or night the fight goes down....Manny asked for 24 days prior for the testing to stop and he would even do a blood test and urine test after the fight went down...Honestly, if Pacquiao gave his blood and all after the fight, how is it you couldn't catch something illegal then???? For real, let me ask you something...Why would Floyd want to demand Olympic Style Testing when it bares no relevance to professional boxing? Why did Floyd not want Nevada State Athletic Commission to do the testing? I mean, it's the mandatory testing for pro boxing. Why did Floyd take it that far against Manny who has never tested positive for illegal stuff? Floyd ain't screaming drugtest for Mosley either. And Mosley has admitted to doing the illegal stuff in the past..That is suspicious is you ask me. Now since Floyd loves to run his mouth about people's business and all that, lets start with him. Floyd talks about Pacquiao doing illegal stuff and how he jumped up in weight so fast...Well, when Floyd came into the sport of boxing, he weighed in at 105....Nobody mentioned about Floyd jumping up in weight so quick either....His family is a joke. His father and uncle were both addicts. Matter fact, Floyd's uncle Roger who trains him alot just got canned for rape. About a year or two ago during his retirement, Floyd was at the club and got his ASS beat by his sparring partner cause Floyd owned him money. Well, when they tried to talk to Floyd about what happened, they couldn't even reach the man....Mayweather's click REFUSED to comment on the situation. Hell, Floyd brags about his money, but he owed the IRS alot....Come on now...All Floyd does is RUN his mouth constantly. He has lost sight of himself. And it will be so great to see Shane put his ass in check on May 1st.

Last edited by TheDon270 on 2010-03-05, 17:58; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-07, 02:33

wow
Back to top Go down
KODOUBLE24
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
KODOUBLE24

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-07, 05:34

Manny is such a pus!!!
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-07, 10:15

Kodouble...you got it all wrong brother...mayweather is the pus....
Back to top Go down
MiamiXCanes
Madden Writers
Madden Writers

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-07, 18:23

lol hes looking at it from a fans point of view. if don king came to my house right now and told me he would give me 8 mil to fight floyd id let them poke me with as many needles as they want just because we already dont have the money so we need it lol

nice way to sum all that up don. i have a question though, lets say manny takes out clotty and floyd beats shane without a problem. im sure the talk would start up again about them fighting, but do you think its more of a possibility that manny and floyd would fight each other next?
Back to top Go down
THiZzLeWiZzLe
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
THiZzLeWiZzLe

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty2010-03-07, 18:39

mayweather will KO mosley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.   Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley. Empty

Back to top Go down

Reasons why I feel Floyd Mayweather will lose to Shane Mosley.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next