Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)

Go down 
+8
Madden's Finest 200
ticklemeelmo
saintsboy318
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
huh1231
nawfside512
c4jun
projectpag
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty
PostSubject: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-02-28, 23:57

There are enough tutorials out there, so I'm going to explain exactly why each stat matters as I have tried RCing with over 100 different players tons of times.
Important Stats:
Height: Obvious, notice i still can RC over Revis with 6'1 Camarillo because of the height advantage.
Jumping: Obvious
CTH: For when he goes up for the RC motion, poor catching will result a bobbled pass
CIT: Helps when your legs get taken out from underneath you after you catch the ball. I was having trouble doing it with D. Jarrett because after I caught the ball I dropped it everytime on the way down after my legs were taken out. When i was using him I was against a prevent D so there was always atleast two people in the area
WEight: the guy mentioned this in the 2.0 thread, and I'm going to describe why. The more you weigh the less your legs will get taken out because I noticed my TEs get their legs taken out less than WR's. Instead the CBs will fall on top of them and sometimes break up the pass.

Last edited by projectpag on 2010-03-03, 02:15; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

Number of posts : 387
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 00:08

That's like a mini rocket catch. Its a spectacular catch. I've seen rocket catches way better than that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/c4jun
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 00:11

This is what i wanted to know because i rarely play any1 that Rocket Catches. The only other Rocket Catch I see is when people do that semi circle and do a short lob, but in that version the defense has mroe time to adjust, vs this way its a bullet pass.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 00:13

Yeah I play with the Saints and sometimes I will throw it to Colston and he will turn around and catch the ball just like that but half of the animation u got.
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 00:17

c4jun, you play ultimate team? I've been on that lately. I'd love to get a game in with some1 good tho on ps3 i havent played regular mode in awhile
Back to top Go down
nawfside512
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
nawfside512

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 00:33

Yeah, at times they will do that weak RC.... I get some mean RC's with Colsten
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 00:42

do you do the semi circle rocket catch with a short lob throw, slant route, or a streak route?
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 01:49

my rc is wayyy sexier. cute start tho Smile
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 02:53

the rc is not better than the spectacular catch. how did u get the spectacular catch animation
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 03:43

everytime i do this, if he goes up for the rocket catch it is 100% a catch. I havent seen the CB swat the ball once, n since its a line drive pass the defense cant user their guy to get as high as ur rocket catchin WR...only way to stop is to take out his legs or put pressure on qb so this doesnt happen. Ive been messin around in practice mode n have been doin this with every and any team including the dolphins Greg Camarillo who is only 6'1 over Revis
Back to top Go down
saintsboy318
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 11:37

I gotta try rocket catching to see what the buzz is about.
Back to top Go down
c4jun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
c4jun

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 12:10

projectpag wrote:
c4jun, you play ultimate team? I've been on that lately. I'd love to get a game in with some1 good tho on ps3 i havent played regular mode in awhile

No I don't play much ultimate team. I play regular games though.
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 15:02

their is no way its 100% catch cause ive gotten rc animations gone up for it dropped it on the way down and the defense picks it. maybe with randy moss it is close too 100% though just cause hes a freak.(try doing it 100% with todd heap lol)
Back to top Go down
Madden's Finest 200
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 15:18

not even an RC. Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Lol
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 15:31

these are actually pretty weak. I just made a video of doing this with each nfl team. Does a Rocket Catch entail their Arms to be str8 up when they make the catch? When i say 100%, I mean that not once is the ball swatted or picked. I noticed Catching In Traffic has a lot to do with if they hold onto the ball after they catch it because I was doing it with D. Jarrett from the panthers and he could RC every time but couldn't hang onto it after and thats because his CIT was only 60.
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 16:56

some of your animations were the spectacular catch animation which if u plyed 08 everyone used that and the spectacular catch is way more deadly then the rc. the only way to prevent the catch on the spectacular catch like u said is to take out their legs. u cant swat it or pick it off anyways your wr has to have a spectacular catch of 90 plus to get the animation. the last two catche in the video were the spectacular catch animation.
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 17:23

nice so this isnt an exploit and I can use it in an online game?
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

Number of posts : 320
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 17:32

projectpag wrote:
nice so this isnt an exploit and I can use it in an online game?

Yes you can do it online. No its not an exploit, though I'm sure others will argue with me on that.

You can watch videos of it performed by top players in the country on MLG's youtube channel.

The RC is not foolproof, but should be very doable if you do it in the open spaces between zones.

There's a risk of an INT even when done perfectly, but if the defender is out of position go for it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/360madden
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 17:39

whats the exact difference between the spectactular catch n rocket catch?
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 22:18

Apparently EA Sports thinks this is an exploit..........i was banned today playin the game and postin on the EA forums. It was because i set up a ps3 league and a lot of people didnt know what rocket catching was and this guy in our league did it every play(lots of people that play ultimate team arent used to online play), n i said it was cheap n shouldnt be allowed in the league (i dont rocket catch online i think its the cheapest thing to do). So i made my first video on rocket catching over the tallest highest jumping cb (the first video i posted here), and I even explained how i dont do this online and was just showing league members that i consider this exploiting since the CB is still running to the circle when u catch the ball. Whatever, I guess ill just post on these forums from now on since u guys arent idiots. They never even saw this video i made yet lol
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 23:38

projectpag wrote:
Apparently EA Sports thinks this is an exploit..........i was banned today playin the game and postin on the EA forums. It was because i set up a ps3 league and a lot of people didnt know what rocket catching was and this guy in our league did it every play(lots of people that play ultimate team arent used to online play), n i said it was cheap n shouldnt be allowed in the league (i dont rocket catch online i think its the cheapest thing to do). So i made my first video on rocket catching over the tallest highest jumping cb (the first video i posted here), and I even explained how i dont do this online and was just showing league members that i consider this exploiting since the CB is still running to the circle when u catch the ball. Whatever, I guess ill just post on these forums from now on since u guys arent idiots. They never even saw this video i made yet lol

Are you totally sure about that

I was way ahead of you on posting Rocket catching info + video (almost 88,000 views since it came out) when the game got released back in AUGUST 2009. I posted it on many different forums, including EA's own Madden forums!

Last edited by 360madden on 2010-03-02, 02:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-01, 23:51

go to the ea forums, and search rocket catch....it doesnt come up as of after my ban.........check out this forum where people are vouching for me....btw, 360madden i love ur youtube videos.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/420154.page

im not sayin i originated anything i was just saying they banned me today so i guess its because they believe its an exploit.
Back to top Go down
Mr. 5oh3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mr. 5oh3

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-02, 00:26

rc is was easyer then ppl think
Back to top Go down
projectpag
New MS Member
New MS Member
projectpag

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-02, 20:15

some people r sending me pms but i cant respond because i dont have enough posts. Anyone know how many posts i need?
Back to top Go down
360madden
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
360madden

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty2010-03-03, 06:54

projectpag wrote:
go to the ea forums, and search rocket catch....it doesnt come up as of after my ban.........check out this forum where people are vouching for me....btw, 360madden i love ur youtube videos.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/420154.page

im not sayin i originated anything i was just saying they banned me today so i guess its because they believe its an exploit.

oops sorry. i left out the part where I meant to say i released videos of the rocket catch and I never got banned, even with all the publicity it got. did it for both madden and ncaa.. maybe you can just appeal to EA for whatever happened to you, even call customer support directly cause shouldn't have happened.

i been releasing vids on madden, including glitches and exploits, for YEARS, and never got banned from EA. operation sports is another matter entirely.. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)   Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocket Catching with all 32 nfl teams on All-Madden (Video Inside)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next