Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Free411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced) Empty
PostSubject: Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced)   Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced) Empty2010-02-23, 17:43

K so I was in a game and I was winning by a couple TD's and I started to use the wr screen in sb-y trips, now i now your thinkin whats the big deal about a screen and that its easy to stop but not this particular play especially due to the many ways you can step this play up to get open also you have to mix in other plays with this play out the same formation for maximum value but heres my point on why this play equals domination

If in Zone:
-hit screen (obviously)
-sometimes if you see a hole or gap near the sideline you can put Y on a slant to the slant to the sideline to bust up the coverage (even though they can stop this with purple zones, which if covered hit screen)
-also X can be put on a fade which is good on zone
Y and B can be put on a streak-fade combo respectively
-can utilize other route combos to beat zone if you have knowledge of what beat zones but mainly the screen is the huge target

If in Man:
-B (the screen guy) on a slant to sideline motion to left and quickly hike and watch him get a free release and be open way down the sideline (this is basically an unbumpable route so use this if they try to use man-to-man coverage with bump-and run-
-X and A can be put on drag routes so if they arent bumping or even if they are drag routes kill man
-X can be on slant kills man obviously and with a good WR especially
-A on a drag and X on a slant, man cant defend this due to high and low concept and horizontal routes basically kill man
-Y can be put on a slant to the sideline (but only do this if you see they are in man but for some reason the man on Y is not on is man directly or kinda off in the middle of the field because his man wont be able to recover)

Only thing to watch for when using this play is that it is originally a screen so the line is pulling thus giving you less time in the pocket but if you have a QB who is pretty mobile doesnt even have to be like a Vick or Young or anything but 70 speed is good enough. This play freakin owns and make sure you mix another plays in such as the power o and the toss and mesh is a good play also to keep the D guessing....also as a side note plz everyone do no post on this thread talkin about how you have this glorious Defense that can stop everything because if you think about it you guys can sit here all day and explain how to stop everything but things are much harder to stop when they are implemented into a system or scheme that contains a wide variety of plays and tricky playcalling so all comments will be ignored that are of that nature
Back to top Go down
matt_kev11
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced)   Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced) Empty2010-02-23, 21:17

just tried it its pretty nasty. not a big fan of screens but i like this Very Happy. nasty is good btw
Back to top Go down
IRISHFBFAN1
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
IRISHFBFAN1

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced)   Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced) Empty2010-02-24, 02:03

Singleback Y Trips is one of the best and most overlooked formations in the game. The last 4 years playing both MADDEN and NCAA the first thing I look for in a Playbook is if they have Singleback Y Trips! HB TOSS, HB PLUNGE, PA WR IN, there is a mini scheme right there. Add in STICK, VERTS, SMASH, and of course the best and only WR SCREEN that I run. One of my favorite formations in the game and one that nobody talks about because its not as sexy as snugs, tight slots, bunch etc...But it keeps on being effective, no matter what play you select from it.
Back to top Go down
Free411
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced)   Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced) Empty2010-02-24, 17:41

yea dude i agree with you no lie ive been running y trips for awhile since like 2006, and your also right in saying it is underlooked, which is good for me because since its not as sexy looking as alot of money formations it doesnt get used actually alot of singleback doesnt get used except that one formation with toss crack but screw that Y trips is one of the hardest formations to stop due to the many things you can do out of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced)   Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced) Empty

Back to top Go down

Singleback Y-Trips (Pass Balanced)
Page 1 of 1