Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Skill Points

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
grandagent323
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 00:16

Hey everybody, I am aware of skill points and how they work. But I played a game today with someone who had the same skill level (level 1) and was curious on why I only earned 2 skill points for the win (I checked my email). We both have around the same amount of wins, although he had more losses. I used the panthers and he used the chargers (who are a much higher ranked team than carolina) and I beat him severely, 42-7, he conceded the game. I've heard people say that you get 40-50 points for beating someone of the same level as yourself. I have also heard people say that you get more points for beating a good team with a weaker team. I did both and only received 2 points. And finally, I have seen people post that you need around 100 points to jump a level, when I checked my email it told me I needed 506 points to jump to the next level. I was also on a 4 game win streak, three of the four teams were level 2. I am just frustrated and curious to know what the F the deal is.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 01:07

He probably went on a huge losing streak, losing all of his skill points in the process.. When the other person has hardly any or negative skill points you only get 2, which is a big reason i never play anyone without a good winning record
Back to top Go down
grandagent323
New MS Member
New MS Member

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: skill points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 01:27

Thanks for the reply, one more question though. I just played someone who was at level 8 and beat them, AND HE WAS THE COLTS! Still I only received 47 skill points, and I'm on a 5 game win streak. At this rate it will take me FOREVER to reach level 2 (456 more points to go). From my experience so far, win streaks don't get you extra points, neither does beating superior teams with inferior teams, or beating players several levels ahead of me. Could it be because I'm using the same team every time? What can I say, I love the panthers in madden.
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 01:36

44-50 is about the average skill points you get when you beat someone.. Did you lose alot of games when you first started? Because you shouldnt have 456 points left to go if you started at 0-0
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 01:37

if you go on losing streaks it takes longer for you to lvl up cuz you gotta make up the lost points, so if you lose one win one lose one win one etc... it'll take you longer, you gotta go on long winning streaks, just keep keep winning and that lvl will go up.
Back to top Go down
grandagent323
New MS Member
New MS Member

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: skill points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 01:47

My record is 45-49 so I'm under .500 but not by much, I never lost a bunch in a row, but I never won a bunch in a row either. Ok, thanks for the input guys, damn I have a lot of ground to make up.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 01:56

thats probably why your kinda just sittin around the same lvl and point area, you gotta win more then you lose, just keep at and you'll get there. good luck man!
Back to top Go down
ticklemeelmo
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
ticklemeelmo

Number of posts : 461
Registration date : 2009-11-15

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-16, 09:39

your pretty close to 500 so you musta faced some people with pretty bad records and won only like 2 points and then faced people that had decent records lost and lost a normal amount of points so the win is almost completely negated.
dont worry about it though soon as you get your stuff together level 2 comes in no time when i first started it seemed like it was impossible to reach but with time i developed my game and it came. from there then its easy until you start choosing the face the much higher skilled players.
Back to top Go down
jaebe3zero
New MS Member
New MS Member

Registration date : 2010-02-13

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty2010-02-20, 11:16

You only get skill points from people with skill points.. for example.. If you play somebody whose 8-20 and has L6 in a row, you will get 2 points, but if you play somebody who is 8-20 and has W2 in a row, you will get the 44 points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skill Points Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skill Points   Skill Points Empty

Back to top Go down

Skill Points
Page 1 of 1