Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Jets!

Go down 
+7
AshBlackstone
Ant1010 I Play Wii
WestFo3
B-__-R-__-B
arz9278
Th3 Ac3r
vafinfan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
vafinfan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-01-17

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-18, 17:45

Ive benn trying the jets out lately and am on a roll. I have been using the det pb and its fire. The defense is top 3. Derril Revis had 2 picks and 1 returned for a pick 6. Their cb's are nasty. Thomas Jones and Greene to back him up are dealy. Sanchez throwing to Edwards or Cotchery is always dangerous. Im not saying they are the best, but if you mix up some screens, pitches, and the slant to braylon edwards, they can be a pain in the arse. Just saying what i think. What do yall think??
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-18, 18:17

Another Jets bandwagoner........ Nope
Back to top Go down
arz9278
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-18, 18:40

The jets r really good on D is cause they have darelle revis so u can blitz scott and harris all the time without worrying too much. They r really good except thomas jones kinda sucks in madden and mark sanchez just isn't good.
Back to top Go down
B-__-R-__-B
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
B-__-R-__-B

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2010-01-07

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-18, 18:57

if you use jones and sanchez correctly they can be deadly. but seriously whats with all the "new jets fans"??? lol
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-18, 19:27

I been usin Jets every now and then since I first joined this site. I haven't used them since the playoffs but I bet the team really nice now. Revis was a beast when he was 91 and now he a 99? Jets! 898283
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ac3r
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Th3 Ac3r

Number of posts : 1012
Registration date : 2009-12-13

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-18, 20:36

WestFo3 wrote:
I been usin Jets every now and then since I first joined this site. I haven't used them since the playoffs but I bet the team really nice now. Revis was a beast when he was 91 and now he a 99? Jets! 898283

yea hes 99 now unfortunately
Back to top Go down
Ant1010 I Play Wii
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ant1010 I Play Wii

Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2009-12-26

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-18, 20:36

Well the Jets are a good team, but with Sanchez speed, and there o-line i turn them into a spread offense and pound the rock once i get my 2 score lead. Everyone expects run with the Jets and when you come out throwing it makes it easier, especially when you get your lead and then they have to throw to the likes of Revis and company. The best base defense for the Jets to me is Cover 3. I put Lowery at FS and Rhodes at SS, so i want Kerry in the middle of the field. As good as the Jets defense is, there offense is why i was drawn to them. Speed in key area's (TE, FB, slot WR) possession WR, jumping WR, best o-ine in the game, mobile QB and 3 (4 if you include brad smith) good running backs
Back to top Go down
http://Wiimaddencup.com
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 374
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-19, 01:52

I like using them, but I think their D is kind of overrated in Madden.

I think people make it out to be better than it really is. Aside from Revis, their secondary is nothing special, and neither are their LBs. They're not terrible either, I just don't know why people are drooling over them. I actually liked the Jets D better before the update. They took Justin Miller off the roster, and that hurt their secondary.

Maybe someone has a secondary and LB setup I haven't thought of yet? I use Rhodes at SS because he's so slow.

In the matter of 2 weeks, the Jets went from one of the most underrated teams in Madden...to now perhaps one of the most overrated.
Back to top Go down
denrique24
New MS Member
New MS Member
denrique24

Number of posts : 6

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-19, 03:20

There "D" is tops in Madden Revis is a BEAST!! Not to mention Kerry Rhoes and Leonard. Offense wise I us e Miami playbook with the Jets. Running wildcat with the Jets is MURDER!!
Back to top Go down
vafinfan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-19, 20:10

I didnt say im a jets fan. Im actually a die hard fins fan and when the thought first popped in my head to try the jets i thought, pfffffffs. I hate to see them in the confrence championship when we beat them both times we played them. But anyways i guess u could say there "over used" because of their playoff wins, but cant the same thing be said with the cowboys and vikes all year? And just because a team is popular doesnt mean its looked down upon if you use them. Its a game, and i dont know bout you, but i play to win haha Jets! Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-19, 22:07

I'mma have to roll with the Jets a game to check out Revis after they get whipped by the Colts on sunday.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-20, 15:23

denrique24 wrote:
There "D" is tops in Madden Revis is a BEAST!! Not to mention Kerry Rhoes and Leonard. Offense wise I us e Miami playbook with the Jets. Running wildcat with the Jets is MURDER!!

Leonard and Rhodes are not all that effective. I would put them in the bottom half of safety tandems in this game. In fact, I use Leonard as one of my OLBs...because he's effective there.

I use a faster corner at FS, and Rhodes at SS. Overall, it probably ranks between the 10th and 15th best D in the game.

Defenses that I like better than NYJ....in no particular order.

Carolina
Oakland
Miami
San Diego
Dallas
New England
NY Giants
Indianapolis
Baltimore
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Philadelphia
Green Bay

That's 13. So yeah, you could debate a couple of those probably. I'm not saying I can't win with them, but they're not anywhere close to one of the 3 best defenses in Madden.

In real life? Different story.
Back to top Go down
VinniePaz24
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 77

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-20, 16:18

The Jets are not much above average as far as a madden team.
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Registration date : 2009-09-03

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-20, 17:14

The Jets defense in game needs more of a boost.
Back to top Go down
WestFo3
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
WestFo3

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-20, 17:38

I see Jets getting a hugge upgrade with the superbowl updates.
Back to top Go down
AshBlackstone
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-21, 04:26

WestFo3 wrote:
I see Jets getting a hugge upgrade with the superbowl updates.

Their defense needs a ratings boost if you ask me. Pretty mediocre in the game considering where they rank in real life.

Oh, and add my 49ers to the list of teams who have a better defense in Madden than the Jets.
Back to top Go down
vafinfan
New MS Member
New MS Member

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-22, 22:40

Yeah if they got an update for greene and jones with sanchez and the defense they would be murder.
Back to top Go down
134uni5tas789
New MS Member
New MS Member
134uni5tas789

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty2010-01-23, 17:31

I've been using the Jets since the game came out. I liked them because of a great running game and defense. Although the main reason I chose them was because I love Sanchez lol. I was either ganna play with the Panthers, Packers, or Jets and played with them a little and the Jets were definitely my favorite. Then I started cheering for the Jets throughout the season cuz of Sanchez and me using them in Madden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jets! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jets!   Jets! Empty

Back to top Go down

Jets!
Page 1 of 1