Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How do you stop the wildcat formation?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2009-07-24

How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty
PostSubject: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-10, 19:30

How do you stop this formation How do you stop the wildcat formation? 661374 when your spammed with this all game? I'm taking about the wildcat and wildcat spread I believe they are in the UCLA and Auburn playbooks. What are good plays to run against this to stop it? I know there is a bunch of suggestions in the Madden section but wasn't sure if it works on NCAA 2010. I'm getting killed on-line with guys picking Cal and running this with Best and for some reason they can throw well in this formation as well.
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-10, 22:40

well, when dudes are abusing the wild cat. run commit to the side their running it to. or, zone blitz, or my personal fav. Nickle Strong, under smoke, put ends in contain, and user the cb blitzing and it should take care of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-11, 20:30

What zone blitzes do you suggest? Typically there is an automotion when they run out of wildcat so I guess that would be good to run commit when you see that. There is a PA that flows through the same automotion, but with a play like that I would think the heat would come pretty quick to the HB who is trying to pass. So your usering the DB on the opposite to defend against the run from the opposite side of the run commit?
Back to top Go down
jd7680
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
jd7680

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-11, 21:19

4-3 cover 1 man. pinch the line and user the safety works too
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-12, 17:45

well its in 3-2-6 where one lb and a cb blitz and the d-line crashes to the right, cant remember the name but it works like a charm
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-12, 17:55

the play im talking about is in the 3-2-6 call STR EAGLE SLANT 3, its only in the 4-2-5 playbook i believe
Back to top Go down
noob999
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-14, 14:57

The Nickel Strong play works pretty good on both formations. You don't have to run commit either to stuff the run on the play. That 4-2-5 play doesn't seem to work well for me. I get a lot of huge gains when I lab it. Should you be run committing when you run that Eagle Slant 3 play?
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-14, 16:19

depends.i just shift my line to the right and the LB's to the left and user the DE and it usually kills
Back to top Go down
sUcKmYcLiPz
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
sUcKmYcLiPz

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2009-12-12

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-14, 19:32

Or you can switch 2 PS3 where no of that exists..like in 360
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty2010-01-15, 16:06

yea you could do that, and run into cats who run quarters and run commit all day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you stop the wildcat formation?   How do you stop the wildcat formation? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you stop the wildcat formation?
Page 1 of 1