Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pump faking!

Go down 
+4
bigbuddah
Cboy918
Bigblaze13
Champ_28
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Champ_28
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-01, 16:24

Does this do anything? Im not sure because it doesnt seem to ever do anything and im pressing r1...am i doing it right or is there something else that helps like hold the stick in a direction. I cant ever get it to work but i played this one guy, he was skins and i was chargers...he pump faked twice in a row really fast and it made quentin jammer lose his jockstrap..i looked at replay after the game and he literally fell on the ground and left randel el wide open for the td and i was even in cover 3! and advice would help thanks!
Back to top Go down
Bigblaze13
New MS Member
New MS Member
Bigblaze13

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-03-16

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-01, 18:25

pump faking gives the thought that you are throwing. It can freeze up the defenders since they think your throwing and are probably trying to jump the route early then a quick bullet to that reciever can be good. It works especially if someone is using the CB or Saftey and make them stop.
Back to top Go down
Cboy918
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-02, 10:26

I try to use pump fakes when I'm trying to go deep down the field, it also helps with my timing of the throw. I don't want to throw it too early or too late, so after a pump fake or two I know that its time to throw it.
You should practice implementing the pump fake into your passing game, as you've seen it can help your receivers get wide open. It also requires you to get a feel for it because your qb doesn't pump fake the exact second you press the R1 button, its sometimes delayed....so it takes a few minutes in practice to get adjusted to.
Btw, I hate when my CB gets roasted!
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-02, 12:27

The pump fake works on double moves..and like they said above it freezes the defense sometimes. But it does work
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-02, 14:25

yea double moves. i used pump fakes as a nano counter sometimes depending on the team and who's blitzing. if u get a low awareness LB or NB coming in if u pump fake they'll go up in the air trying to bat it down which give u a full extra second to get ur throw off. all in all it does work for double moves but really it's not that useful. use it if u know wat ur doing but it's really not something worth perfecting or anything like a RC or something.
Back to top Go down
*34DoubleTrouble28*
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-02, 17:43

i use a pump fakes. Like if someone users with a lb. Ill pump and throw it right behind him.
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-02, 18:34

it will usually make a player who is rushing the QB jump and go for the swat/pick but be careful if you have multiple defenders rushing you as this could result in a fumble if hit
Back to top Go down
EastCoast_Dog
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty2009-11-03, 11:32

Aight what you getta do is time the route, wait for your receiver to make his cut and once he's about to cut, pump fake..... Works best when QB is staring down his WR, Now it wont work say if your WR on a fade and the defender already has his back turned running with the receiver lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pump faking! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pump faking!   Pump faking! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pump faking!
Page 1 of 1