Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???

Go down 
+8
ShakeNbake1285
PapaSmurf
neng1982
jsmall28
24Marion24
Travbebeastin
CJDAWGG14
park7303
12 posters
AuthorMessage
park7303
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-13

GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty
PostSubject: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-18, 22:38

I PLAY COVER2 AND THEY STILL GET OPEN...WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE DB'S IN COVER 2? DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME UNLESS ITS A GOOD PLAYER.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-18, 22:49

press coverage is too nice. they hold that press for like 3 seconds allowing easy flat routes to get by.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Travbebeastin
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2009-04-17

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-18, 23:14

Cover 2 aint s*** in Madden 10. Even if the CB dosent press the WR the flats are still open. In Madden 09 I could run cover 2 all day when my opp got into the redzone...I got sooo many picks but now its pointless because the RB will still be open. I just run 9 velcro when I wanna take away flat routes, it works pretty good
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-18, 23:19

3-4 solid - cover 3

this covers that very well.
Back to top Go down
Travbebeastin
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-18, 23:29

a streak route from a slot receiver kills cover 3
Back to top Go down
24Marion24
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-18, 23:39

Travbebeastin wrote:
a streak route from a slot receiver kills cover 3

not if you know how to press switch to ur safety and press y
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-19, 00:25

the flat coverage will be upgraded in the next title update, or that is at least what i have heard. should be coming out sometime in november, don't know the exact date.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 14:55

which formation is 9 velcro in again? i forgot..is it nickel?
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 14:56

Travbebeastin wrote:
Cover 2 aint s*** in Madden 10. Even if the CB dosent press the WR the flats are still open. In Madden 09 I could run cover 2 all day when my opp got into the redzone...I got sooo many picks but now its pointless because the RB will still be open. I just run 9 velcro when I wanna take away flat routes, it works pretty good

I agree Travbeabeastin. Cover 2 freakin SUCKS ASS! It don't cover well like it used to. I still get burned by the flats too.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 15:14

hey guy... the flats jus sucks atm.. but i hear the next patch is going to fix it
Back to top Go down
Travbebeastin
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 15:37

neng1982 wrote:
which formation is 9 velcro in again? i forgot..is it nickel?

Yeah its in nickel. The only problem with 9 velcro is only 2 lineman rush so outta the same formation I might blitz like 4 or 5 plays in a row and then come out in velcro 9 and my opp will usually try to throw the ball quick cuz he thinks a blitz coming and I'll get an int.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 16:02

damn thats a good idea. But everytime I blitz, the O-line picks them up leaving 1-2 people open and me getting burned.
Back to top Go down
ShakeNbake1285
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-06

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 16:14

Try cover 2 n have DE play man in the guy in the flats
Back to top Go down
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 16:16

1-5-5 Cover 3. Press 'em up. Roll your zone to whatever side you think he is going to.
Back to top Go down
Travbebeastin
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 17:11

neng1982 wrote:
damn thats a good idea. But everytime I blitz, the O-line picks them up leaving 1-2 people open and me getting burned.

Run the silver pinch blitz(i think thats what its called) Its where the nickel CB blitz. You have to show blitz, then move the blitzin CB right beside the OLB(whos also blitzin) That play gets instant pressure, either the CB or the OLB will run through untouched for the sack. Good players will either shift the line or bring a RB over to block it so thats why you have to switch it up and throw 9 velcro in there so your Opp will think you are still blitzin and throw the ball quick. lately I've been gettin sacks out the @$$ using that. I got 12 sacks 1 game against a lvl 26 lol. It gets instant pressure like a nano. I found a great blitz out of the 1-5-5 the other night. I see you play on x box 360, if you had ps3 I would lab with you.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 18:11

Travbebeastin wrote:
neng1982 wrote:

Run the silver pinch blitz(i think thats what its called) Its where the nickel CB blitz. You have to show blitz, then move the blitzin CB right beside the OLB(whos also blitzin) That play gets instant pressure, either the CB or the OLB will run through untouched for the sack. Good players will either shift the line or bring a RB over to block it so thats why you have to switch it up and throw 9 velcro in there so your Opp will think you are still blitzin and throw the ball quick. lately I've been gettin sacks out the @$$ using that. I got 12 sacks 1 game against a lvl 26 lol. It gets instant pressure like a nano. I found a great blitz out of the 1-5-5 the other night. I see you play on x box 360, if you had ps3 I would lab with you.

Thanks for the tip man..I seriously need to work on my defense because I know it wins games. I love playing great defense over offense, and yeah it does suck that we have different systems or else u could show me what u do online..

Thanks again dude
Back to top Go down
laidbackskaterer
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 18:16

try puttin your DE's in the flats in cover 2 as well or even contain..
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-20, 18:22

alright...I'll try that out. So great that gamers are all helpin each other! We all are trying to get better no matter if u r a Madden Guru or not. Smile
Back to top Go down
DoC FaTaL
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-22, 11:05

Travbebeastin wrote:
neng1982 wrote:

Damn I need to try this.Very smart idea.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty2009-10-22, 12:57

if u have contains they'll pick off those flat routes pretty consistently. that doesnt stop the swing routes as well. if u take ur cbs and give them flat routes instead of the default ones and back them up half a tiny bit you get the same results as u did last year since they don't bump. other thing u can do is play man but move the defender in man a few steps outside of the tackles so they have a head start into the flats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???   GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT??? Empty

Back to top Go down

GETTING BEAT IN COVER TWO BY RB AND FB'S IN FLAT???
Page 1 of 1