Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?

Go down 
+9
EastCoast_Dog
sliqnes
jsmall28
huh1231
SiCkOnDaStiCk
-iBleedGreen-
bigblue723
DaBigBangTheory
neng1982
13 posters
AuthorMessage
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty
PostSubject: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 03:32

I recently chose the Eagles as my team. GREAT offense, poor defense. Is it because of their players or what? I was just wondering how others that use the Eagles are so good on defense...any suggestions on how I can get better on defense?
Back to top Go down
DaBigBangTheory
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 11:15

play more man with them good corners, n user to stop the rbs n bring 5 ppl usuaally to rush the passer insead of 3 or 4 ppl r probably tearing up ur zones
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 12:31

Thanks for the tip man. I'll try to rush 5 and see what happens. Last time I played this guy, I used man defense most of the time and he ate it up. Then I switched to zone and he was done. haha
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 15:16

Play nickel all game... hobbs is better than whoever your 3rd LB would be. Bump n Run too when you man blitz.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 15:22

thanks bigblue...I will try it and see what happens. But you are right though about Hobbs being WAAAAAAAAY better and faster than any of their other linebackers
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 15:23

play nickel all game? really? what about if i mix in some 4-6 defense, will it help?
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 15:45

YES 4-6 and use the speed package to get more DB's on the field. All the Eagle DB's can hit and play man well.. their LB's are decent at best.. but their secondary and line are fast and hit hard.
Back to top Go down
-iBleedGreen-
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
-iBleedGreen-

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 16:25

I actually play a 3-4 with them. Works pretty well. Though with the addition of Trotter back in the LB corps.. I think they will be better!
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
SiCkOnDaStiCk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
SiCkOnDaStiCk

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-08-23

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 17:17

yeah...theyre very slow on defense and the run game gashes them they have a horrible front 7 really..and there secondary is decent but overall they lack D speed.
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 17:38

Madden loves them though.. all their guys have high hit power and can man cover anyone. Omar Gaither man covered Chris Johnson on a wheel route and I just shook my head.
Back to top Go down
huh1231
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
huh1231

Number of posts : 371
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 18:26

their linebackers are terrible
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 20:08

their whole front seven isn't terrible. trent cole is great in this game, and i can get a sack or two with parker. patterson is pretty good, too. linebackers are terrible though, lol.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 23:03

U right jsmall. The linebackers ABSOLUTELY SUCK ASS! The corners and front four are great. Linebackers r the weak link of this defense
Back to top Go down
sliqnes
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
sliqnes

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-09-29, 23:15

neng1982 wrote:
U right jsmall. The linebackers ABSOLUTELY SUCK ASS! The corners and front four are great. Linebackers r the weak link of this defense

you can say that again.......
Back to top Go down
EastCoast_Dog
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-10-01, 02:18

i use the eagles in my league franchise i'm number 1 in all offense of stats and last in defense well pretty much last lol, and i'm 8-2 with them,

but i have a question i was playing this kid and i was up by 4 late in 3rd like 1 minute 45 secs left, he gets the ball runs a play calls time out, then runs a play untouch for like 25 yards, then calls time again, then pass untouch for like 40 yards on a screen, then calls time again, runs a play and scores, i was like hmmmm, he called 3 times out in a row and gain big yards and the plays were so simple but my guys coudlnt tackle them, it seem like he had a sheild around his player cuz when i got close it wouldnt get any closer, i replayed it after the game but it wouldnt show said no video all 3, so anyone here of calling time out and gaining big yards in 3rd quarter, i won the game tho, but just weird why he calling time out, he didnt reply back i ask him lol
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-10-01, 07:29

When you call time out your team gets fresh again... maybe some guys on your D were tired, that happens this year.
Back to top Go down
synviper
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-10-01, 17:45

*put on flame suit* mcnabb is the worse qb in the game im sorry played my first 50 games with the eagles, after ten games of me pulling my hair out, kolb is my qb im sorry. mcnabbs Short throw accuracy:power makes him over throw the s*** out of ppl, yeah he makes sick throws on the run but just the basic ass pass he just cant make the pass... /rant

back on topic yes use nickel with this team more dbs less linebackers for the eagles = win!!!
Back to top Go down
Bonez183
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-10-04, 22:29

i read all he previous post and they sound great against the pass but they are not stopping any run games so if your going to face any big backs no your in trouble cuz they will run all over the eagles...
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/bonezdaboricua
mw344
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-10-05, 09:13

synviper wrote:
*put on flame suit* mcnabb is the worse qb in the game im sorry played my first 50 games with the eagles, after ten games of me pulling my hair out, kolb is my qb im sorry. mcnabbs Short throw accuracy:power makes him over throw the s*** out of ppl, yeah he makes sick throws on the run but just the basic ass pass he just cant make the pass... /rant

back on topic yes use nickel with this team more dbs less linebackers for the eagles = win!!!

EXACTLY. That exact thing has cost me two games and the #1 seed in my online franchise. I have colt brennan as my back up and I have used him for the games vs the CPU. He can squeeze it into place McNabb could only dream about (Thats what she said). But McNabb short accuracy is horrible.....at best. I might have to go back and get KOLB ( I released him....meh).

The Eagles D is OK. There LB's are below average. I think Bradley is the highest rated one at like 81.....gross. The line is great but don't expect to get many sacks because the LB's suck at getting pressure to the QB. And they suck in zone and don't hit hard. THE line and DB's are sick but the LB's are frustrating. They have cost me games as well......F*ckers.
Back to top Go down
Killadav
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty2009-10-05, 19:25

synviper wrote:

defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Lol

1st off if u think McNabb is horrible ur 1st 50 game y would u even chose them? McNabb isnt the best QB But when i use him i get like 3 TD 1 Int. There D Isnt all that Bad Akeem Jordan is DA MAN At linbacker but i will try dat E-Hobbs at Linebacker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?   defense sucks for the Eagles...Why? Empty

Back to top Go down

defense sucks for the Eagles...Why?
Page 1 of 1