Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill

Go down 
+14
xBALLiiN
s0liddy
Jae Heat
AFew88
eFresh
MistaFaded
ghostnote
blackheatah23
lxldirtyjerzz
jb278
iGotBeast$wag13
so much swag
givemethedamnball
bigblue723
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty
PostSubject: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 20:28

After playing this game and having my own opinion, I wanna to see what others think. Do you think there are games you are just meant to lose? Do you ever have games where you're being competitive even though nothing is falling your way (maybe even win it)...or games where you almost feel bad for the other guy cause he's just getting molested by the game?

Sometimes I do feel like despite good play calling and good execution on my part, the game falls out of my hands regardless-and it's not because I'm being outplayed. It sucks, but I'm curious where other people stand also.

Obviously lucky breaks decide real football games, but they also go both ways.. and are never that lopsided when 2 equally skilled opponents meet.

I'd say it's about 75% skill, 25% luck, personally.
Back to top Go down
givemethedamnball
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 20:36

i play fuckin' bums that get nothing but computer love........played this guy who had PIT,ran the wildcat 80% of the game(which I contained),so I play conservative ball control O(with Titans),im in position to go up by 2 scores and the fuckin' computer Farrior jumps to the moon for a pick and returns it 88 yards to go up by 4.....i ended up losing,but this guy had no skillz whatsoever................played another who had the Chargers.....cason had a hall of fame day(3 ints and 2 TFL)....i won but barely....some of these guys have no skillz,but what can you do....LOL
Back to top Go down
so much swag
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
so much swag

Number of posts : 1839
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 21:02

a that sh!t happen's trust.....it happen to me and i play'ed a bum!!!!!!!! he won on some luck sh!t... Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Icon_mad i fumble and he got out of like 6 of my tackle's ....get the f#ck outa here......it happen's.. Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 21:23

i belive Madden10 is 70% Luck, and 30% Skill. Sometime plays work and they dont... and it seems like the opponent always get the gay $hit. I never had a fumble come out, i pick it up, breat 10 tackles for a gm winning TD.... LOL i seen that in a Unranked gm (Thank God) But yea the game is pretty incosistant.
Back to top Go down
jb278
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 21:40

i think its more luck than skill...

cause you can have skill and still lose the game bad.

For example I played this game earlier today, where I have this dude locked down... I'm winning and all, its 4th and 10. He has the Saints, and he throws a pass to Shockey I swat the pass, another corner comes trying to pick it off, and then none of them can make the catch, and here comes a diving Reggie Bush to catch the ball before it hits the ground, gets the 1st, and leads to a score. That has nothing to do with skill, thats all luck.

Then another game I was playing.. I am moving the ball with no problem, get to the redzone, punch it in, they call holding... Play gets called back, trying to run it back in, get to the 1, FUMBLE.. He recovers, lineman goes 99 yards for the TD, with nobody within 5 yards of him. Skill... Nah, thats all luck. That happened 3 times that game, I lost 21-3.

Another game kind of what happened in that first game with the swat pass, 4th and 6 goal line i swat the ball down, his guy comes out of nowhere and catches the ball, touchdown game over. Not skill, thats luck.

I played a game in my online franchise, I had over 400 total offensive yards, my opponent had 80 pass yards and 60 rushing yards total of 140 yards, you would think I dominated that game, negative 6 turnovers.. 2 Fumble returns for TDs, 2 Pick 6's, and then 2 sack Qb tries to get rid of ball lineman get the interception and ran it back for 6. He wasnt really good, he just nano blitz all game, and the times i couldnt beat it i got sacked, picked 6. Not skill..

So as much as I like Madden 10 and having a decent online record of 46-41 alot of my losses have come as random BS, like 1 game I caught the touchdown momentum carried me out of bounds ruled no catch, challenge it,you watch the guy get both feet down and possession of the ball and still no TD, and even the dude I was playing sent me a message "wow I was nervous cause that was a bad call that was a TD"... Not to say I havent been destroyed at times.. but hey it happens.
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 21:48

hahah I can't not agree w/ y'all, if I told you the games I've been through today alone, you'd probably offer me a drink.
Back to top Go down
lxldirtyjerzz
New MS Member
New MS Member
lxldirtyjerzz

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 22:20

eh idk. theres games where it goes both ways.

I'm gonna go 50 luck 50 skill on this one ..

There's games where i think john madden hates me and wants me to lose no matter what i do... and theres games where the other guy gets bad luck (which some people might think is skill) but no matter how much bad luck you get you could always win.

Like my last game (only against a lvl 2!) I user picked him off 5 times and only won by ten. He had two picks off of tipped passes... one pass hit my OL in the head and he picked it off. and I had a jason witten play where i went to RC with jackson, he hit me from underneath and i flipped and dropped the ball which hit off his diving player and he caught with his second DB in coverage.

Luckily i still won... but luck goes both ways
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 22:26

Earlier I just felt bad, every time the kid had a decent gain I'd hit him (not even hard) and he'd cough it up with good players like Jennings or Grant.
Back to top Go down
blackheatah23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
blackheatah23

Number of posts : 168

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-23, 22:39

I think most of the games are luck cuz some stuff should happen like i caught a pass with hixon and he broke 4 tackles like he was brandon jacobs for a touchdown
Back to top Go down
ghostnote
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 01:56

im saying 65 luck 35 skill.i scored a go ahead touchdown with like 30 secs left and im up by 7.i squib the kickoff n the dude runs it back for a td.never seen that b4.thats pure luck and bs.i ended up winning tho.another game...i take the lead with 11 secs left.sqib the kickoff and it was one of those crappy ones where the dude catches it on like the 40.7 secs left the dude throws corner route n completes it against a cover 4 def with a dude hanging on him and gets outta bounds.kicks a fg n bam game over i lose.another game...4th quarter...im down n the dude is driving running the same play over n over so i smash him with my hitstick on like the 5 yrd line and recover the ball on like the 2.next thing i know im punting cause it was ruled a safety and i lost. so yea i say this game is mostly luck.
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 03:42

I don't trip when some luck happens cause some luck happens to me also in some games its part of the game jus have to deal with it I return 3 kickoffs in one game once and I think it was skill cause I'm pretty good returning kickoffs but if I played one of you guys you would probley call it luck right.
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 03:49

I feel like some games I am just destined to lose no matter what I do
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 07:30

MistaFaded wrote:
I don't trip when some luck happens cause some luck happens to me also in some games its part of the game jus have to deal with it I return 3 kickoffs in one game once and I think it was skill cause I'm pretty good returning kickoffs but if I played one of you guys you would probley call it luck right.

You return 3 kickoffs in a game and don't think there's luck involved? Of course you have to know what you're doing on kickoffs but there has to be blown assignments and good blocking to a degree and you can't control those. It's both.
Back to top Go down
AFew88
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 10:03

if youll really dominated these guys like ur talking and luck came in and won the game for them on 1 play....then youll wernt dominating...1 lucky play wont win/loose a game that ur dominating. if ur skill was better then luck wouldnt be as big a deal. if u loose a game, u lost it. simple as that
Back to top Go down
Jae Heat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 10:53

I think it goes 50/50... I always feel like the Madden Gods are after me. Like no matter what I do sum BS happens. Easy catches and picks dropped. Dudes fumbling. Kick off returns... Yesterday I was dominating this dude. I was up 17-0. He returns a kick off. So it goes to 17-7. Then I got the ball and I fumble on a run and ofcourse he picks it up and walks it in for 6. 17-14. I go down field and kick a fg before end of half. They call holding on me so I don't get the fg and it just goes str8 to half. He gets ball. And Felix Jones breaks about 5 or 6 tackles, no exageration and takes it to the house. So now I'm down 17-21. Offensively he still got like 20 total yds. I march down and on a quick pass to my back I get hit and fumble again! 17-28... I'm like u gotta be fucking kidding me! I go to make a throw and his Lineman puts his hands up and swats ball which is then caught by his linebacker who just decided to stand their cuz he had a feeling that was gonna happen. I hold him to a FG. So it's 17-31 in 4th qtr. I drive it down and finLly score. So it's 24-31 bout 2 mins. On 3rd down he drops back but then takes off with his qb and when he goes to slide he dives instead and fumbles the ball!! All by himself. LOL. So I pick it up. 2 plays later I tie it up at 31. About a minute left in the game. He tries to force a pass which I was waiting on so I user picked it only to fumble it right away. So his ball AGAIN. I end up sacking him at the 1yd line. Then on the next play he tries a quick pass which I picked off with like 10 secs remaining and finLly get a FG to win it 34-31!!

Lol so like I said it's 50/50... If your good enough to stay in the game ... U can usually come back. =]
Back to top Go down
Jae Heat
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 11:00

But when it's a evenly matched game. It definitely comes down to who gets the lucky break. I played this dude in my league where we were tied at 24. I had the ball on his 45 it was 2nd down with like 30 secs to go and he had no timeouts and I had 1. So I go to hit my hb on an angle route for about 10-15 yds it just bounces off of him and into his linemans hands and he breaks like 4 tackles and scores with like 5 secs left. That was a lucky break cuz I had that game.

But yeah I BEEN saying that there is a lot more luck involved in this madden than on 09.
Back to top Go down
s0liddy
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
s0liddy

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 11:28

The fumbles in this game and interceptions by LBs is outta control sometimes. Totally fuckin ridic. I have had a few games where I am doing great and bam, fumble... 4 TIMES in one game. And LBs making 1 handed INTs from bullet passes that should blow right by them.
Back to top Go down
xBALLiiN
New MS Member
New MS Member
xBALLiiN

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 15:15

u guys act like luck never occurs in the nfl tho..consistent luck in games usually means u have some sorta skill
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 15:29

I acknowledged that luck exists and that lucky bounces are part of the game, but they usually don't happen so one sided. If two opponents are equally good usually both get some lucky plays/calls/bounces. There is a fact that some teams "make their own luck" in real life by playing well, but that doesn't exist in games.
Back to top Go down
iGotBeast$wag13
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iGotBeast$wag13

Number of posts : 533
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 15:57

madde10 is the best but BS still happens... like LB's catchin 1 handed bullets, but CB's drop lobs... WTF
Back to top Go down
givemethedamnball
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 18:07

bottom line......Madden is the only game in town AND you cant take your foot off your opponets neck.....if you have em down by double digits early,give em the ol ball coach and keep chunking it on their azzes....playing conservative will get you fucked on THIS years madden....
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 23:19

I think sometimes random discrete elements happen to go against you and sometimes they go for you but I don't think it is any kind of predetermined thing, just sometimes you get a lot of unlucky plays in one game but no one of them is related to the other if you get what I'm saying. Overall skill or lackthereof will show over a long period of time though.
Back to top Go down
Code//Blue
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Code//Blue

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 23:27

The game is definately more skill than luck. If you run a good scheme your not gonna be put into positions where there's a chance of a "lucky" fumble or a pick. Not saying there's no luck involved, but usually if you have a good shcheme lucks not gonna be a big part of it, and if it does your just gonna have to overcome a few lucky plays. And not just an offensive scheme - a defensive scheme is just important if not more important. You can't say "I lost because I fumbled, " If you can't stop the guy when he gets the ball. You didn't lose becaus of luck if that happens, you lost because you couldn't stop a guy when you needed to.
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 23:48

cjmabry25 wrote:
You can't say "I lost because I fumbled, "

Especially when they clock you with a linebacker and you weren't covering up. I think it's funny when people complain about "how lucky you are."
Back to top Go down
dracocepheus
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
dracocepheus

Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty2009-09-24, 23:53

I played a game and and gave 5 yes five Int's, Really come on the MLB or LOLB is 10 yards in front of the guy I'm going to. Didn't matter if it was a inside post, outside post or out route he still jumped to the damn moon like givemethedamnballsaid........ come on 6'5" 260 lbs can jump that high give me an F****** break. So yeah a lot of it is luck, I still won the game and should have lost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill   Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden 10: Luck vs. Skill
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next