Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Defensive Remake

Go down 
+5
Fresh Prince
BAKNAFEK88
Crunk
SuprmnxXx
bigbuddah
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-04, 03:11

i need to do something different something new on defense...i usually run the 3-4 unless my opponent is passing alot then i run a 3-2-6...i do some blitzing not alot i want to increase my blitz percentage but dont wanna have the risk at putting my corners and safeties on an island a getting burnt caus my blitz dont get to the qb...i zone blitz alot wen ever i do blitz but i mainly drop back in coverage use my stick skills to stop the run and wait for them to pass so i can get my pic...i dont wanna bend that much no more that wont work...i want a regular defense that isnt crazy like the 1-5-5 which is descent but not regular to me...i dont wanna even make it seem like i nano caus thats super duper lame and cheap...i dont kno wat i have to do because getting beat deep or not getting to the qb in time is my biggetst issue on my i dont blitz...any help? i line shift never pinch unless goalline lb shift bump and run im all out of ideas

im getting the courage to jus say forget it and blitz more so maybe thats all i can do
Back to top Go down
SuprmnxXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
SuprmnxXx

Number of posts : 1382
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:02

If were talking madden 08 here then nano blitz's, your not going to play anyone thats not going to do it to you in some shape or forum in a game and if your talking about madden 09... it's going to be completely different as you will need to rely on personal and scheme and not a glitch to generate pressure on the QB.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:08

i was mainly talkin bout 09 for a defense scheme it seems as tho it will be easier to blitz but i need to learn how to blitz and not jus call a blitz...08 is totally apart from 09 i jus had issue with ppl doin that to me but maybe i should ask this question wen 09 comes out i jus want an idea of wat i could do to get as prepared as possible.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:10

bigbuddah wrote:
i was mainly talkin bout 09 for a defense scheme it seems as tho it will be easier to blitz but i need to learn how to blitz and not jus call a blitz...08 is totally apart from 09 i jus had issue with ppl doin that to me but maybe i should ask this question wen 09 comes out i jus want an idea of wat i could do to get as prepared as possible.
09 will be much harder to get to the quarterback since they brought slide protection back. Just try and find 2 zone plays that work well and switch them up with man coverage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:12

The Nano Blitz is supposed to be taken out of this Madden. I would use teams that have an LB with a lot of speed coming off of the edge, like Cowboys with D War, Chargers with Merriman or 49ers with Manny Lawson(his speed is a 90). Always make sure that you are replacing the area that your LB blitzed from because if you show blitz, your opponent will make a presnap read if he is any good. He will go to the space that you left with to blitz. If you use the Boys and Adam Jones is in the game, you should be able to blitz heavy. If you use the Eagles, forget it. Send the house and leave your trio of CBs which is the best in the league to cover and come up with the INT on the bad throw that you force by the blitz.
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.LUCKYHANDSTICKETS.COM
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:14

coo coo im hoping the 3-4 wil have better blitzes thats wat i run...do u think that is a good set?
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:16

yeah the teams i use now have good corners boys jags and steelers...i plan to blitz nore with corners that i have so maybe ill be able to be more successful with that
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:18

Yessir. 3 -4 all day and blitz the outside backer. Manually take over the MLB on the same side as the OLB that I am blitzing and cover the area that my OLB left.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:20

coo i play with the middle lb anyway so ill do that...DO U BRING MORE THAN 5 PPL OR JUS LET THE OTHER 2 OUT DO THE SLOWER TACKLES?
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:30

Sometimes I will do the CB Fox blitz which sends both corners and your safeties come up to cover along with your LBs. I will manually take over Manny Lawson, my left OLB and blitz as well. This brings instant heat cause you have your A and B gap pressure (DTs) and the corners coming wide along with OLB coming right off the edge. I convert my DEs to cover the flats. Most of the time, I send at least 5, but I will send 6 or even 7 if I am playing against someone that can't handle the blitz.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:37

hhmmm...sounds good...ncaa made me shy away from man coverage but this is a completely different game and im sure man coverage will be a better idea than zone sometimes...thanks man...ima try alot of stuff before i stick with 1 idea but im sure pressure is goin to be the name of the game in 09.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:44

Pressure will be the name of the game, but the biggest nameof the game will be thhe ability to create mismatches. Always make sure that you mix it up. I like blitzing the heck outta someone and making them speed up their reads or change their gameplan. Then I switch up, show blitz, but not blitz. I will use the 3 - 4 drop zone which has all four LBs dropping into coverage. He will read blitz and try to pick a spot that he will quick throw to, but my LB won't blitz, he will drop into coverage and will be there to pick it off.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 00:55

tht is my favorite freakin play right there seriously...i show blitz...those never ending post routes kill that tho caus there is a blown coverage for some reason on that route
Back to top Go down
Fresh Prince
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Fresh Prince

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 13:45

What bak said will seperate the good players from the great players making a presnap read is one thing but you can always assume that presnap read is going to be correct so always wait that extra second even if your presnap read was right and they are blitzing you can always keep a fullback or running back in to block,to give you that extra second to make sure theyre not dropping everone back or another good way to beat the blitz is delay routes, a delay route is a blue route where the person running it ussaly either a back or tight end will block first and then go out for his pass this beats the blitz almost every time even if they arent blitzing this is one of the harder routes to stop in the game.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-06, 13:48

HA IM TALKIN BOUT DEFENSE NOT HOW TO READ OR STOP A BLITZ LOL GET WIT IT.
Back to top Go down
R3V 1T UP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
R3V 1T UP

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2008-07-11

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-08, 13:41

The 3-4 is a very hard defensive to stop if you have 4 active LB and a active DT. This caused confusing to the line because you don`t know what LB is coming our how the DL with Crash/Stunt.

But I like the 4-3 better with the 4 DL to stop the run better and if my opp comes out in 3 or 4 WR my OLB can spread out. And My MLB will cover the MLB 5 yards with the SS watching the middle aswell. Me controll the FS for the Deep ball and my DE on contain.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/xxbigmacxx52
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-08, 14:19

If you have a beast at MLB, you can control him on predictable running plays and still do well vs the run. The 3 - 4 is a beast of a running play. I would suggest setting the 3 - 4 inside blitz as an audible to use vs the run. It will limit you in pass coverage especially on dumpoffs to the RB. Also, make sure you juse coaches screen to see if your defenders are aligned.
Back to top Go down
Lloyd
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Lloyd

Number of posts : 306
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-08, 14:53

i use 2-4-5 nickle on 3rd down
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-08, 23:06

all my teams run the 3-4 sheme except the jags but the boys have a great linebacker core and so do the steelers...i like the 3-4 caus of the different angles and holes to blitz from and the free lbs are faster to get away from the O tackles...i feel as tho the rb dump pass will be covered pretty well whether the saftey comes up or i mlb blitz and the flats is covered the olb and the middle i covered by 2 middle lbs so i like tha so ima 3-4 guy and ima stick with it execpt on obvious passing situations or more than 3 wrs.
Back to top Go down
Fresh Prince
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Fresh Prince

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-08, 23:34

I love the 34 defense ive ran it since madden 06 and i wont stop but i hate you have to put in backup mlb exept for when you got a good core of big strong fast linebackers lol
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-08, 23:51

yeah kinda out my character to say but say for dallas last yr before they got zach thomas i wanted to put roy as my olb and move greg ellis to inside backer and put patrick watkins at ss (roys backup)
Back to top Go down
R3V 1T UP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
R3V 1T UP

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-09, 06:06

I see what your saying. 3-4 can be a very good pass defensive with the LB being stronger the WR giving the DL more time to get the QB. But I have to look in the 46-Normal 4 LB across and 4 DL try to create something with that.
Back to top Go down
BAKNAFEK88
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
BAKNAFEK88

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-09, 09:17

Actually, in the 3 - 4 defense, there are two starting MLBs. Any team that actually runs the 3 - 4 has at least two good MLBs so when you run the 3 - 4 you still ave a starter in there.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-09, 16:54

the 4-6 is good for the run stoppin but the lack of saftey help on play actions can hurt u sometimes.
Back to top Go down
R3V 1T UP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
R3V 1T UP

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty2008-08-12, 08:02

If I run a 4-6 defensive I always move my Safety back at least 10 yards just in case I commit wrong then I will not get beat on that deep ball.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Defensive Remake Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defensive Remake   Defensive Remake Empty

Back to top Go down

Defensive Remake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next