Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Pinch or aggresive?

Go down 
+8
W A V Y D R E
MistaFaded
Sun
lxldirtyjerzz
ImLurkin
Arelik
Emerald
neng1982
12 posters
AuthorMessage
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Pinch or aggresive? Empty
PostSubject: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 12:41

I tried changing the blocking scheme to pinch or aggressive. I haven't tried blocking left or right. Does it really make a big difference when you run the ball? Seems like aggressive works better than any of the other schemes....my opinion though
Back to top Go down
Emerald
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 15:55

i havent tried aggressive yet, i know when i run to the outside i slide the protecton to the side i run 2 and it usually works
Back to top Go down
Arelik
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 15:58

I know Aggressive works. I like it for when running up the middle or even outside, i probably use Aggressive 90% of the time when it comes to the "Red Zone" other than that I just use the slide protection to which ever way I am running.
Back to top Go down
ImLurkin
New MS Member
New MS Member
ImLurkin

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 16:49

I like to run counters and slide protect the opposite direction that im running to and then just follow the fullback. works out pretty well.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 17:31

Ill try that slide protection..I'm using the aggressive on most running plays and it does help.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 17:33

I never thought of that Imlurkin! I'll try that too and see what results I get. Thanks everyone for the great advice.
Back to top Go down
lxldirtyjerzz
New MS Member
New MS Member
lxldirtyjerzz

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 17:49

i slide the opposite way when im doing an outside run, this way my end seals their D-end. idk it works for me
Back to top Go down
Sun
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Sun

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2009-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 19:29

I always slide aggressive, unless it's a toss where I slide on the run's side. I find that the holes are open faster and you have better DE sealing when you have a TE.
Back to top Go down
MistaFaded
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
MistaFaded

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 19:38

I like useing big backs so I like going up the middle don't do to many toss plays and tips on that
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 19:42

I'm trying to use the Cowboys with west coast offense PB and seems like it's pretty good for running.
Back to top Go down
neng1982
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 19:45

I had some success when I make the O-line aggressive and run inside. On outside runs and toss plays, seems like I go nowhere....
Back to top Go down
W A V Y D R E
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
W A V Y D R E

Number of posts : 824
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 19:46

iight... goes like dis

If they pinch they line... U pinch ur line
If they spread they line ... u aggressive ur line

same thing goes with right and left
Back to top Go down
Handsx6
New MS Member
New MS Member
Handsx6

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 19:56

^^^exactly and u guys who slide protect to the side u are doing a "toss" make sure ur QB doesn't get taken out right away while he is tossing it cus that seems to happen alot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.evilcontrollers.com
macpat
New MS Member
New MS Member
macpat

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-23, 23:29

When you slide the opposite direction of the run, you can have some success. It seems to play out almost like a zone-read, you can find a hole and burst through.
Back to top Go down
blackheatah23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
blackheatah23

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-26, 18:16

I think aggresive works great because your blocks get on there blocks faster and stay on them longer
Back to top Go down
SLCdragons102
New MS Member
New MS Member
SLCdragons102

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty2009-09-26, 20:07

Sun wrote:
I always slide aggressive, unless it's a toss where I slide on the run's side. I find that the holes are open faster and you have better DE sealing when you have a TE.

Ya, that's exactly what I do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinch or aggresive?   Pinch or aggresive? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinch or aggresive?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Offensive Strategy-
Jump to: