Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JoshJ81
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-09-03

hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty
PostSubject: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-03, 21:22

Hey, I'm getting close to getting heavy hits more often but I'm trying to
understand why or why not. So I wanted to ask if you could give me some help with
trucking and hit stick? I'm assuming it's about timing but sometimes it doesn't feel right. I played one guy that knocked a fumble everytime I ran the ball (3 in a row) and intercepted everytime I throw the ball (lol 3 in a row). Needless to say I quit that game Rolling Eyes But since it's coming more to me and I'm just looking to understand what to look for to make it happen more in my favor and to proctect against.

For the Trucking and breaking tackles what would be your advice as far
as timing, when is best for up, down, left, right, and which player
works best, like SS or CB is good for low hits or high hits?

For hitting, do you tackle with the strip button? or do you use a hit
stick then hit strip? Is it good to hit stick all the time?

Like I was saying I feel like I'm getting better
and it mostly seems like timing is what I need to practice, but I'd
like to know what timing to look for to make the most of every
hit/truck/tackle break.

If there is a thread that helps explain this, sorry but plz direct me.

Thanks
JJ
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-03, 22:10

if you notice you are fumbling a lot, use the cover ball button. i like to use the truck/hit stick right before contact is made. don't use the hit stick all the time, only when you have a direct shot lined up nicely. if i'm controlling a safety or CB, i hit stick low, if at all. save the high hit stick for LB or really hard-hitting safeties (Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, Bob Sanders, etc.). if i am using a more elusive runner, i will move the stick left or right when engaged in a tackle, i save going up for power runners like Turner and Jacobs.
hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Playaboy23
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-04, 01:09

jsmall28 wrote:
if you notice you are fumbling a lot, use the cover ball button. i like to use the truck/hit stick right before contact is made. don't use the hit stick all the time, only when you have a direct shot lined up nicely. if i'm controlling a safety or CB, i hit stick low, if at all. save the high hit stick for LB or really hard-hitting safeties (Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, Bob Sanders, etc.). if i am using a more elusive runner, i will move the stick left or right when engaged in a tackle, i save going up for power runners like Turner and Jacobs.
hope this helps.
i agree but disagree...if u cover it up and hit stick up its not effective...but if sumbody hitsticks low ur gonna be pissed when u fumble 4 times..i did that to one kid and kept cuttin his legs out then (eagles vs. giants brandon jacobs kept running da ball) so it has it ups and downs lmao pun intended
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-04, 01:17

I only juke/truck when im going against a cpu defender. If im going against a user I just manually move around them or tap the jump button (Depends if he does a lot of big hits, because if he does you will jump over the tackle.)

If you want to big hit you need to know what kinda of back/receiver. If its a big back (trucking) hit stick low. If its and elusive back/receiver hit high.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-04, 01:22

i didn't mean using cover up and the truck stick at the same time, my mistake. at times, i would use the truck stick, but you have to know when to stop fighting for yards and to just cover up so you don't fumble.
Back to top Go down
JoshJ81
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-04, 09:21

Thanks guys! And I hate Jacobs lol he breaks everything but I guess if your 6'4 240+ lbs you can do that lol.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-04, 12:31

i say don't even try to hit stick jacobs. just try to hit him near the sideline so he goes out, that's the only way to really bring him down, lol. that or a gang tackle.
Back to top Go down
Dizz1e
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Dizz1e

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-04, 14:52

jsmall28 wrote:
i say don't even try to hit stick jacobs. just try to hit him near the sideline so he goes out, that's the only way to really bring him down, lol. that or a gang tackle.

As long as your squared up (straight in front of him) you can hit stick low on him and that should stop him in his tracks depending on who the tackler is. If your coming at a side angle i would use (X) or ( square ) to dive tackle him and then keep pounding (A) or ( x buttton ) to bring him down. Although Im not 100% sure if the (A)/( x buttton ) works the same since they change it to "Defensive Assist"
Back to top Go down
JoshJ81
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty2009-09-04, 22:23

yeah the square is the dive and x buttton is the tackle/Def Assist.

Well, I must suck with carrying the ball lol I just tried playing with Jacobs to see if I was doing everything right and it was just Addia's rating...well I didn't get anywhere with Jacobs Razz

I guess I just need to understand the timing. But you tip about square then x buttton is something new and I'll be trying that.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies   hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies Empty

Back to top Go down

hitting and Trucking and more on Fundies
Page 1 of 1