Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Run D help PLZ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AllDayVikings28
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Run D help PLZ Empty
PostSubject: Run D help PLZ   Run D help PLZ Empty2009-08-31, 18:54

First of all before people go an post things, review these factors.

I use the Vikings.
I stop the run super ez except against the following RBS: Chris Johnson, Deangelo Williams, Felix Jones, Darren Sproles or any RB who has more then 95 speed, EXCEPT Adrian Peterson (hes insanely ez to stop) But I can stop some of the highest rated RBS like LT, Brandon Jacobs, AP, Turner, etc etc.

Next things:

Ive used CB blitz, LB contain, Spread Line, Spread LBS, All out blitz, Using my Safety Manually to cut them off (but they just run back more yards and cut up field and i cant get near them) Using MLB to shade and go downhill at them ( again they just run back a slight bit, and then run all the way to sideline and have no one infront of them)

Is there anyway to stop these running backs with the Vikings, or should I just not face fast running backs with my insanely terribly slow ENTIRE TEAM.

Plz help. Im starting to hate how horrid madden is with cheap ass toss plays this year.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

Run D help PLZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run D help PLZ   Run D help PLZ Empty2009-08-31, 23:42

you just have to practice. you said you've tried all these things, but how long are we talking here. 1 time? if you've tried it multiple times, don't give up on it. there are times when a play should be completely shut down, but a fluke happens and it succeeds. lab with someone and have them run with chris johnson. learn what angles to take at the running backs (extremely important this year) and lay off the hit stick (can screw you over when facing a speed back).
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Run D help PLZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run D help PLZ   Run D help PLZ Empty2009-08-31, 23:46

you shift your d line strong side...and he runs weak side.
you pinch your d line...and he runs outside.
you spread your LBs...and he runs up the gut.

When you make shifts, he can see them and will adjust accordingly.
What to do? Disguise your run defense!

example 1: instead of "pinch d line" you "crash d line in", it will have the same effect without tipping him off.

example 2: you shift your d line strong side, and he runs weak side, only this time you have a weak side blitz coming. Boom!
Back to top Go down
amartin0315
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Run D help PLZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run D help PLZ   Run D help PLZ Empty2009-09-01, 00:29

if is there any defense for a good stiff arm?
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Run D help PLZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run D help PLZ   Run D help PLZ Empty2009-09-01, 00:54

stopping any fast elusive back starts off with user skills...wat hurts your efforts in stopping these rediculous backs are their high elusiveness and speed to out run ppl to the sideline...for a person who uses deangelo williams like a champ and ppl hurt me wen i cannot get 1 on 1 with another defender so stopping these backs is gettin them going lateral and gang tackling...now be careful caus these backs will role off and pop out of 2 and 3 tacklers so wat do u should do is switch of the person who u made the tackle with and jus bring more ppl or hold off just in case they roll out of a gang tackle.
Back to top Go down
AllDayVikings28
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Run D help PLZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run D help PLZ   Run D help PLZ Empty2009-09-01, 06:47

I should work on my angle of pursuit, and I am good with using my safety. It just seems like with the vikings if I don't blow it up in the backfield its always a first down, or 6 or 7 yards. IMO their run D rating needs to go up, but I think it mainly falls on the fact that the LBs and team speed are way to slow. I have had some success against fast RB's with other teams when I was doing the ALL NFL thing that used to exist winning wit every team in NFL.

Now I go back to jut using my fav team, the vikes. Thanks for the suggestions though, and I have done tons of labing. Gonna try to work on a few things.

One thing I noticed was:

If I blitz EJ up the middle with the line crashed to the side hes running to, he will get through pretty much cleanly and I can chase the fast RB into a Winfield, or Erin Henderson. Gonna have to work on hitting them before they get the toss..also has anyone ever had a toss play intercepted?

Played a game the other day, kid jumped my snap count perfect the toss was to AP and it was INT'd for 6. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Run D help PLZ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Run D help PLZ   Run D help PLZ Empty

Back to top Go down

Run D help PLZ
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Defensive Strategy-
Jump to: