Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

D Help

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
broadwayjoe1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-25

D Help Empty
PostSubject: D Help   D Help Empty2009-08-25, 09:57

OK so i need help with a few plays, what defense stops a cross rout in the middle (example) I was playing the saints on-line and this guy all day kept doing this play for Henderson, he would line up on the right slot i believe and do like a digonal slant up the middle and get across the middle of the field then catch it on the left side ive tried cover 1-2-3-4 and none of them worked.

Next i played New England, and i could not stop this constant screen play to welker, how do i defend that?
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

D Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Help   D Help Empty2009-08-25, 12:32

to stop the crossing routes, try blitzing. if you can get to him quick enough, he will either be sacked or make a bad throw. for the screen, you could manually give the corner or a safety a flat zone, not man. sometimes, in man, they will be picked up by the blockers. if they stay in the zone, they will hover right above and tackle welker once he gets it. or, you could manually bring defenders over to cover the screen.
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-03-06

D Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Help   D Help Empty2009-08-25, 13:01

cover 2 sink plays will shut down a lot of that over the middle stuff, just pinch the safeties in case he tries to go deep to a slot streak WR.
Back to top Go down
broadwayjoe1
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-25

D Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Help   D Help Empty2009-08-25, 13:30

thank you very much
Back to top Go down
brazil
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
brazil

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2009-08-17

D Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Help   D Help Empty2009-08-25, 18:54

Defense hot routes can be used to stop your opponent's bread and butter play.
Also, don't forget to use the spot light feature if your opponent keeps throwing to the same player.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: D Help   D Help Empty

Back to top Go down

D Help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: Madden NFL 11 :: Madden Defensive Strategy-
Jump to: