Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Strategy?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tallywood
New MS Member
New MS Member
Tallywood

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 17:58

I don't know about you guys, but are you seeing any strategy in 4 minute quarters? All I am seeing (out of the 5 games that I've struggled through) is people running spread offenses and throwing deep.

From using running backs as wide receivers, running the same play over and over, to never handing the ball off once, 4 minutes supplies the most far-from-realistic game imaginable. I understand that 4 minute quarter games last 40 minutes, but I thought we played football in the hope of having some respectable stats and games between teams.

As much fun as Madden 10 is, 4 minute quarters destroys any virtual representation of football left within the game. When you notice that running backs are averaging 3 carries a game with 20-35 yards a game through half a season, you know something is not right.

I might be under the wrong impression, but having shotgun formation shootouts are not going to reward the true football fans and strategists that Madden 10 was made for. Madden 10 was made to represent the chess match between two teams rather than the stick skills that the video-gamers have. Granted, juking and running will show off your joystick savvy, but this game was made to offer much more, to those who like to set up plays, read defenses and have semi-lifelike stats to look at afterwards.

As much as I appreciate the work that these commissioners put into this league, I think that a revamping of the setup needs to be looked at if we want a true battle of football minds.

Again, I might be under the wrong impression and looking for something that this league isn't. I might be looking for a realistic football league when this is obviously a battle for the best madden video game player.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:23

To tell you the truth Tally, the way you described it is kind of how you played.

Tallywood wrote:
is people running spread offenses and throwing deep.

running the same play over and over, to never handing the ball off once

Shotty, Shotty, Shotty, pick, is kind of how your gameplan was. So I kind of feel as this is somewhat hypocritical of you here.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:29

thats also the way ppl play the game.. ppl should play to their strengths.. if they arent too hot at runnin the ball, y would they give their RB 15+ carries a game? that wont help them move the ball.. ppl use what they r good at and if they use the same play over and over, u should prolly find a way to stop it? then that solves all ur problems..
Back to top Go down
Tallywood
New MS Member
New MS Member
Tallywood

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:32

MGB Ruthless wrote:
To tell you the truth Tally, the way you described it is kind of how you played.

Tallywood wrote:
is people running spread offenses and throwing deep.

running the same play over and over, to never handing the ball off once

Shotty, Shotty, Shotty, pick, is kind of how your gameplan was. So I kind of feel as this is somewhat hypocritical of you here.

I have to fit in Smile if I run the clock hits 0 before I can get to the 50 Smile
Back to top Go down
Tallywood
New MS Member
New MS Member
Tallywood

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:34

DaTBa1LHaWK wrote:
thats also the way ppl play the game.. ppl should play to their strengths.. if they arent too hot at runnin the ball, y would they give their RB 15+ carries a game? that wont help them move the ball.. ppl use what they r good at and if they use the same play over and over, u should prolly find a way to stop it? then that solves all ur problems..

I understand Smile but I came in wanting to play some football, not a blitz like shootout. To sum it up, it's just not for me lol
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:34

hahaha u do realize he just roasted the fuk outta u tallywood.. did u not see the "pick" part.. nigga just said u garbage bruh
Back to top Go down
Tallywood
New MS Member
New MS Member
Tallywood

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:37

DaTBa1LHaWK wrote:
nigga just said u garbage bruh
holy crap! I didn't know we had illiterate players here. My bad, I'll keep my posts more sophomoric for you
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:38

na, that's actually how it was Hawk. In the 1st half, he had 4 picks, and this was before the 2 minute warning.

I also dont think he knows that the 5 minute accelerated clock games go by quicker than these actually do.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Call Me 2K
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Call Me 2K

Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty2009-08-20, 18:48

Alright. This is clearly going nowhere.

And it doesn't look good on any of us.

Tallywood, you know Commish Eggz and I respect the sim community. But MG was born as a non-sim freestyle league. Anything but glitches are welcomed here. We cater to those interested in bringing their game to the highest level, and will allow them to compete in events such as local tourneys. Unfortunately, this goes against the style you play.

Please send me an email if you wish to resign from the league. However, please feel free to look around the madden-school forums as there are plenty of sim leagues and franchises that can be found on this site.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy?   Strategy? Empty

Back to top Go down

Strategy?
Page 1 of 1