Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Improving the Passing Game, Period.

Go down 
+5
psufan5
blitzburgh88
Omar52
karandaman15
dominoman212
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dominoman212
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty
PostSubject: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-19, 18:40

Alright guys. I have never been completely good at the passing game ever since I started playing madden seriously back in 02. I have always been a run it down your throat type of guy with moderate to poor success at the air attack. After getting Madden 10 however and seeing how much more realistic it is I feel as though there is a better chance for me to obtain success while improving my air attack here. I know there are some prolific passers out there. All I'm asking for is the most tips you can give me for improving my passing game.

Thank you all in advanced
- Dominoman212
Back to top Go down
karandaman15
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-19, 19:00

try to choose a team with a good wide receiver.
Back to top Go down
dominoman212
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-19, 19:12

Lol, that necessarily isn't the case, even though I do have a lot of passes that be right on target and the ball ends up getting dropped. My passing game isn't completely effected b/c of the WR's. I still find myself making mental errors and turnovers time and time again.

- Domino
Back to top Go down
Omar52
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Omar52

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-19, 19:14

use ur running backs in the passing game nd use ur TEs on crossing routes ,dont try nd throw deep to wrs a lot ,and throw bullet passes most of the time
Back to top Go down
blitzburgh88
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-19, 20:38

Best advice I can shoot ur way would be use motion to ur advantage. Using motion let's u in on whether ur opposition is running a man or zone. If they running man obviously the defender will follow ur wr, if not they will stay put or follow a part of the way then go back. Knowing whether they are in zone or man let's u know what types of routes will be successful. Good plays against man are crossing routes, out routes, drag routes. While good routes against a zone will be ur screens, curls. Its good to know ur hot routes and have at least 1 man buster and 1 zone buster in ur audibles in case u don't feel comfortable with the play u initially picked. Hope this helps u.
Back to top Go down
dominoman212
New MS Member
New MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-20, 10:20

Ty you all for the help. I changed my team over from Baltimore to San Diego and have seen an impressive increase in my air game with all the knowledge I have used and collected by my own. I will still be using tips here and anything more will be lovely.
Back to top Go down
psufan5
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-20, 11:17

Someone actually has problems passing in this game? Its so damn easy I could play 1 handed.

Defense is impossible.
Back to top Go down
Studsbollen
New MS Member
New MS Member
Studsbollen

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-20, 13:20

I got alot of intercept when i go for pass game and that is with Giants only playing with them Very Happy

but passing game are more fun then run games Razz
Back to top Go down
AllDayVikings28
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-20, 13:45

I roll with garbage WRs, so I hate passing.

Nothing better then Percy Harvin dropping a pass, because the defender uses the strip button on every pass defense. Also, same goes for Sidney Rice, and Bernard Berrian is neveer open anyway, but Adrian never drops!

Screens, I formation passes with both FB, and RB going seperate ways, or RB or FB up the middle while the other one goes out to the flats. Get creative, and hot route people. Send people in opposite directions, or cross them so defenders bump themselves, but if your line doesnt hold up that won't work. But if you have a good line, itll work everytime.
Back to top Go down
jsmall28
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member

Number of posts : 614
Registration date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-20, 14:35

one passing play i find very effective with the eagles is called bench or bench swap. the receivers are bunched (2 on each side) near the o-linemen. the play is the same on both sides, one receiver runs an out route towards the sideline, the other a post towards the sideline. i usually go with the out route for a 5-15 yard gain, but the post will sometimes be open for a huge gain. also, corner routes are pretty easy if it's man and there isn't a deep safety on that side.
Back to top Go down
GanchatizMeCptn
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
GanchatizMeCptn

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty2009-08-20, 15:01

yeah i love bench, its one of the few pass plays i wish were in run and gun PB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Improving the Passing Game, Period.   Improving the Passing Game, Period. Empty

Back to top Go down

Improving the Passing Game, Period.
Page 1 of 1