Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

defense help fellas

Go down 
+5
eFresh
pkismyname
Mcnair2Wycheck
David noooooooo
bigbuddah
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

defense help fellas Empty
PostSubject: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-14, 17:13

i cant believe that im saying this but im completely clueless on how to play defense on this offensive driven game...i havent played online yet but my boi txboy and chris johnson is killin me and i dnt kno how to stop the titans at all. i do man blitzes and zone blitzes and dont blitz and nothin works and im have a headache on tryin to figure out how to make these digital men work. a little nudge by the oline and he is gon. i kno its speed but passing game is much of the same he had 20 completions in a row with kerry collin and i couldnt get nothin workin.

help me please
Back to top Go down
David noooooooo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
David noooooooo

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-14, 17:14

same here man i couldnt stop counters and power-o's if my life depended on it
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-14, 21:48

What defensive playbook do you use?
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-14, 23:46

i use multiple d...i jus threw my controller down the street about 40 damn yards caus im tired of kenny britt burnin ellis hobbs in man coverage...im tired of not gettin pressure on blitzes im...im jus tired of this damn game already...im not gonna put it down but i need alot of work in the lab
Back to top Go down
pkismyname
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
pkismyname

Number of posts : 1145
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-14, 23:52

This game is completely different than 09.

If you wan to stop the run stack LB's over the DE/DT depending where he running.

If he is running powers / stretches position your LBs at the sides where he's going blitz him down and user with your Safety.

Just a little help :o
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-15, 00:54

I've been having a lot of success with a combo of cover 1, cover 2, and man blitzing. I also use Multi D. What team are you using? No one has scored more than 10 points against me; 6 games.
Back to top Go down
trab
New MS Member
New MS Member
trab

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-15, 06:13

eFresh wrote:
I've been having a lot of success with a combo of cover 1, cover 2, and man blitzing. I also use Multi D. What team are you using? No one has scored more than 10 points against me; 6 games.

I too have been having success with cover 1 and cover 2. Which man blitzes have you been having success with ?
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-15, 06:27

I can't figure out what they did this year... last year if you passed into a zone with a man in it, you got picked, or at least the pick was dropped. The past few games I've had kids throwing recklessly into my zones and my guy stands there (short zones, so I can't react). Then even long passes, kids just throw bullets that I'd normally strafe pick, but my DB's just won't have it.. I've resorted to swatting at them.

This one kid was the cowboys, came out in 3te 2rb and just kept throwing the ball immediately after snap to a short TE route. Even if it was in my man's zone he'd catch it and then get tackled.. no picks, no deflections. The only reason I won was because I took a different LB and lurked that garbage for a pick.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-15, 06:59

Every thread I read makes me not wana buy the game more and more.. I gota go to someones house and play it so I can see for myself..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
HellRellWMU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HellRellWMU

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-15, 09:06

co-sign to all of u...i cant stop the run to save my LIFE....

any tips school?!
Back to top Go down
HellRellWMU
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
HellRellWMU

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-15, 09:08

it seems u can get short passes in with no problem...

but ive had trouble goin deep more than last year....

but i just CANNOT stop the run...not to mention the wildcat...impossible to stop if ran right
Back to top Go down
bigblue723
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty2009-08-15, 15:21

Weird, I'm killing the run... but guys are throwing right to my defenders and it's like they're not alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: defense help fellas   defense help fellas Empty

Back to top Go down

defense help fellas
Page 1 of 1