Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Derrick Burgess is a Patriot

Go down 
+13
Modrewgnu
MADDENKING57
Devo
Ellard
David noooooooo
xXBlackiceXx
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Enyo
TheDon270
Crunk
BOSTN BEANER
DaTBa1LHaWK
Militant X 1
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty
PostSubject: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 19:33

Derrick Burgess leaves the Raiders and signs with guess who? THE PATRIOTS!!!
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 19:35

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! THATS NOT EVEN FUCKIN FAIR!!! THEY ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY DAMN D LINEMEN.. NOW HIM?!?!?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 19:46

Haha great stuff, maybe the raiders are our farm system now!! First moss, then andrew walter, now burgess!! The depth on our line and being thin at LB maybe we switch to 4-3.. Our dline one of the best and we add burgess for what? I only see it as a move to protectus from LB injuries and now we can move to a 4-3 if neccessary... Our dline now is overloaded, seymore, warren, wilfork starting... Burgess, jarvis green, and ron brace on the bench...
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 19:50

yea wtf they need him for?? go pick up a damn DB.. u dont need another DE, let alone a good one.. he shoulda went to a different team..
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 19:56

We traded Burgess, because we signed Greg Ellis and still have Trevor Scott. Burgess wanted a big contract, but he was our 2nd string DE.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 20:12

Well don't think belichick won't find a way to utilize all our dlineman cuz he will...

And crunk, I love the name change! Haha
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 20:14

oh well man...its sad to see him go, but oakland didn't want to pay him, so thats the way the business goes. he deserved a better contract, but oakland had other commitments to uphold. its cool though, i'm sure oakland can replace him.
Back to top Go down
Enyo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 23:05

yo man Derrick Burgess is a beast. I cant wait. The versatility we have on defense is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 23:07

my Ravens should have snatched him up! lol!
Back to top Go down
Enyo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-06, 23:11

after paying suggs all that money, i dont think they would want to spend more on him
Back to top Go down
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
Zx_DMC_DHB_TD_xZ

Number of posts : 919
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 01:50

TheDon270 wrote:
oh well man...its sad to see him go, but oakland didn't want to pay him, so thats the way the business goes. he deserved a better contract, but oakland had other commitments to uphold. its cool though, i'm sure oakland can replace him.
are u serious. he doesnt deserve crap from oakland he didnt do s*** last yr and he will barely see the field this yr assuming he stay healthy. i'll i can say is good riddance and its about damn time. know we just need 2 drop the turd (sands).
Back to top Go down
TheDon270
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
TheDon270

Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 02:29

eli wrote: are u serious. he doesnt deserve crap from oakland he didnt do s*** last yr and he will barely see the field this yr assuming he stay healthy. i'll i can say is good riddance and its about damn time. know we just need 2 drop the turd (sands).

damn eli...relax and breathe easy....yes, he deserved a better contract...and he was hurt last season too.....but he did prove himself to be valuable...its not like he didn't do anything...when he came into oakland he did great except for last season. don't judge the guy cause he had one bad season with us....as for sands, he needs to leave asap....
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

Number of posts : 1085
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 02:31

i see this as a big lost for oakland they dnt seem to be getting better in my eyes. but hey maybe they got a gud pick for him. i do think mcfadden will have a productive season though if he doesnt get injured though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 02:36

Hat eli said reminds me of randy moss all over again!! Haha
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 02:42

i swear patriots r constantly making roster moves that only seem to make dem better ugh these guys have very gud gm n coach.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 02:56

Our GM and coach... Yea he's the same guy! Haha. And no matter how little sence this makes us fans just know its gona be a time this season when we look back and say damn belichick is a fucking genius!! Cuz someonewill get hurt and burgess is gona keep us in a good position to not panic on D!
Back to top Go down
David noooooooo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
David noooooooo

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 04:38

This is once again a fine pick up for the patriots they seem to always have a knack for getting proven players and they might have just took Oakland's only threat on the defensive front .

Goodjob Oakland u lost another one
Back to top Go down
xXBlackiceXx
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
xXBlackiceXx

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 10:34

Oakland is just goofy this is y they have potential but they team chemistry sux n get rid of their best players whose next mcfadden n Nnhamdi. Get together oakland. This y they get thrashed by the bolts every yr.
Back to top Go down
Ellard
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Ellard

Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 11:17

yeah man Oakland is ridiculous, make the worst trades in nfl history
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 14:48

this isnt a bad trade at all i dont know what any of you guys are talkin about. burgess didnt deserve a new contract because he's been hurt the past two years so he wanted us to trade him. i really dont care we got trevor scott and jay richardson who both showed they can rush the passer.and we got greg ellis on the other side so im not worried at all.
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 15:03

From what I've read its not confirmed but it sounds like burgess is getting turned into an OLB in NE.. We lack a pass rush and Burgess is gona give us that...and burgess deserved a contract! He's been playing for 2 million a year while leading the raiders in sacks 3 of the past 4 years and last year he was on pace to have double didgets in sacks again but got hurt..
Back to top Go down
Enyo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 15:44

How old is Burgess? Cause we need to get younger in the front seven
Back to top Go down
Devo
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Devo

Number of posts : 1120
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 16:08

no doubt burgess performed big for us the past few years. but i guy who got hurt two years in a row just doesnt deserve a big money contract till he can prove he can be healthy for a full year. and enyo he's 31 or 32 i think
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 16:11

He's 31 years old.. He's not helping us get younger at all but he will help adalius thomas get a good pass rush goin like we haven't seen in NE for a while.. If both burgess and adalius stay healthy its gona be fun to watch the pats D this year!
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty2009-08-07, 16:15

I never said he deserved a big contract but uknow he deserved more then 2 million per year! He played 9 games last year and had 5 sacks I believe.. To say he didn't deserve more money is absurd!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derrick Burgess is a Patriot   Derrick Burgess is a Patriot Empty

Back to top Go down

Derrick Burgess is a Patriot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next