Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

How to Run The Steelers Wildcat

Go down 
+11
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
iLLxEaGLeSx10
DaTBa1LHaWK
Mr.Riddlez
Mic-C
scoopriley12
Militant X 1
BOSTN BEANER
Modrewgnu
bigbuddah
Fudopi is That Dude
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty
PostSubject: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-05, 23:19

So yo, I been hearin a lot of either "wildcat is useless" or "wildcat is straight fire". Now really, from the people sayin it's useless, it can be straight fire if you know how an when to use it. And to the people sayin it's straight fire and you can't stop it, well I don't feel like typin that much.

But really, the Steelers Wildcat (I'm sure it'll be true for most teams when the game drops, but you get the point) is lethal if you use it at the right time. The right times are:

- As a red zone offense

- Sprinkled in there, if you run the wildcat too many times in a row (much more than 3 plays in a row and the D starts to catch on) it won't be effective or anything different

- Any time you feel like it'd actually well, work. It seems like a lot of people just run the wildcat for the sake of running it, not to actually be effective with it. The wildcat IS NOT gonna work as a major part of your offense.

* Really tho, it's kinda hard to describe when to run it all the time, so I'd suggest running it in the red zone at first, an then once you start to get a feel for it you could branch out. Me honestly it wasn't workin for me, but then a couple days ago when I was bored I was watching dolphins highlights, and it actually kinda helps if you pay attention to where Miami was on the field when they ran it.

Now for the part that isn't just common sense for most people... How to run it.

Really, along with the whole running game this year, it's all about following your blocks. Say for example you run "Power". You don't wanna just get to the outside right away and turn the corner cause that doesn't work. You'll usually have an OL or two along with the TE in front of you when you run it, so stay behind them and let it open up for you. And that goes for all 3 plays.

Another tip for all 3 plays, ALWAYS shift block the direction you're running. It helps a lot, it gets more blockers out in front of you, and it gives you better chance of making it around the ends if they get through the line.

Also, running the jet sweep, really if you run it without changing the package, you'll be thinking "why the **** did I just do that, I don't see how that could possibly gain yards". But what you need to do is change the package to the one called "WR2 QB". This makes it so Willy Parker is the guy who takes the handoff and Santonio Holmes is at QB. Willy Parker runs the play waaaay better than Ward and it actually has a chance of a decent gain.

Really though, lab it a little bit and you'll start to get a feel for following your blockers, if you want I can talk to you on the mic, GT is Fudopi, and when the actual game comes out we can lab it for real. I'm pretty sure it'll go for most plays that are similar too so it's whatever.

Last edited by Fud-Muthafuckin-Dopi on 2009-08-12, 18:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 04:02

i understand wat u mean by running the wildcat at the right time. the wildcat on first down is a great time specially on your opponent side of the field. in the redzone cant hurt as well since your not throwing the ball...the blocking that is set up is very deadly if u make the right reads u can get about 8 yards consistantly. like fudo said u cant use this type of offense as your base offense caus 1 there isnt that many plays for the wildcat and 2 its eazy to see coming. the wildcat is not unstoppable and the wildcat is fire at the same time but used properly it is really a great formation and a big play threat caus ive scored with it from 40 yards out.

great post fudo.
Back to top Go down
Modrewgnu
Administrator
Administrator
Modrewgnu

Number of posts : 3253
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 04:40

great post fudopi, you summarized exactly how i felt about the wildcat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.forum.madden-school.com
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 06:11

Wow I thought this was gona be another dumb wildcat thread but this is a great post.. If I ever use a pb with the wildcat this is exactly how I plan to use it.. The situations I would use it in is inside the redzone or on first down around mid-field.. But I probably won't use a pb with it cuz I hate the wildcat!
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 11:47

nice post Fudo!
Back to top Go down
scoopriley12
New MS Member
New MS Member
scoopriley12

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-04-12

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 15:01

yeah, great post, helps alot
Back to top Go down
Mic-C
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-08-01

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 15:32

Is the wildcat in every playbook? I know that dallas, pittsburgh and arizona have it. Should be interesting to see how much it's used once the game drops.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riddlez
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Mr.Riddlez

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 15:34

Nice post Fudopi
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 15:36

Mic-C wrote:
Is the wildcat in every playbook? I know that dallas, pittsburgh and arizona have it. Should be interesting to see how much it's used once the game drops.

naw its not in every PB.. its in a very select few.. i dont want it in mine tho.. its a waste of plays in my PB cuz i wont use it
Back to top Go down
iLLxEaGLeSx10
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
iLLxEaGLeSx10

Number of posts : 520
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 18:40

fudopi for prez!!!

great break down my man
Back to top Go down
http://www.nfl.com
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 19:18

Mic-C wrote:

It's in probably 10, maybe 15 of em.

But yeah thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
iTz K1ng FuZ10n
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member

Number of posts : 1174
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-06, 20:01

i do exactly waht you said..i only use it in red zone or when i no i can get good yards out of it
Back to top Go down
laughnowcrylater
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-07, 05:15

Rookies run wildcat power run to da outside wen u see defenders coming go towards them notice the wide reciever is right behind you before impact press L2 2 times hell get hit an flick da ball easy points
Back to top Go down
ghettoaj
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-10, 18:21

I have been using the Miami playbook with the Pats and the wildcat is awesome. I have won two games in a row now (All-Pro) againest the colts and i could never beat them. Only use in red zone and when they are expecting the pass. It's funny watching Tom Brady catch a td pass from Fred Taylor in the end zone!!!

Gamerscore is now 240 in Madden 10. I just juked Bob Sanders with Sammy Morris!!!

Now if someone could teach me how to rocket catch that would be awesome!!!!

Oh yeah I won't be on xbox live til Friday, then we can play some Madden so add me.

How to Run The Steelers Wildcat GhettoAllstarAJ
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 18:35

I just edited it, I had the info wrong about the package.
Back to top Go down
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 21:04

great post. power is the money play outta steelers pb. that would be the one to use the most. cuz u can option it back. i use jet sweep when i need 3-5 yards cuz its a quick play u can suprise people with. and then i use counter if the person is commiting to one side. the steelers set is one of the more deadly wildcat sets
Back to top Go down
xRideTheCannaBus36xx
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
xRideTheCannaBus36xx

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty2009-08-12, 21:45

Great Post Fudopi, ill be playing with the steelers all year but im not sure about PB, but this sounds good man, we should lab when it comes out dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Run The Steelers Wildcat   How to Run The Steelers Wildcat Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Run The Steelers Wildcat
Page 1 of 1