Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)

Go down 
+3
Mcnair2Wycheck
E-BLOXX
bigbuddah
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty
PostSubject: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 14:45

the schedule for number of games played and days are as follows:

3games/week
-------------
Sun,Mon-Week1
Tues,Wed,Thurs-Week2
Fri,Sat-Week 3
etc...

SALARY CAP AND FREE AGENCY

Players are given a "point value" based on there ratings.
95+ = 10 points
90-94= 9
84-89= 8
78-83= 7
70-77= 6
59-69= 4
45-59= 2
0-44= 1

Simple enough. Then you add up your teams total "cap value". The Lions are currently at 287 points total. (See the excel spreadsheet with all the teams, cap totals, and player ratings)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...6_b0hHLj93Am3Q

Then there is a "League Cap" which acts like a salary cap. I believe the cap will be set at 315. So no team can go over this number. The Pats start with 329 points, and the Giants with 323 so they have some cutting to do to get below the League cap to start. The League cap is increased by 1.5% every season.

The remaining points can be used to bid on Free Agents. The Lions cap is 287 and the League cap is 315, so they currently have 28 points to bid for Free agents with. If your team cap is 310 then you would only have 5 points to bid with and might need to release some players to bid on free agents.

Free agents have +2 cap value to start with.

95+ = 12 points
90-94= 11
84-89= 10
78-83= 9
70-77= 8
59-69= 6
45-59= 4
0-44= 2

So say Chris Mcalister is rated 86 (he's an 10 point player according to the ratings scale). But FA starts and 4 teams drive up the bidding and someone wins him for 18 points. Then 18, not 10, is the Mcalister's cap value and remains that number until he retires or is released.

No team can go over the League cap at any time.

This can all be easily done using the excel spreadsheet using the excel formulas makes keeping track of our cap very simple, and simple is good. The formulas on the spreadsheet are ALREADY to go.

This is probably the best one I have seen so far. We can tweek it however you guys like. For instance I think a 95+ rate player should start out with 12 points instead of 10 and the 90-95 10 instead of 9. But it seems like every franchise league is doing something very similar to this. Most of them I think have the cap increase way to high and it wont generate free agents like you want it to. This guys thinking is right in line in with what I was thinking so this was the one I preferred.

trades and free agency

So let's do the following:

1.Trades- 5 trades per season. You can trade up to 3 people at a time so it allows you to trade for up to 15 players

2.Free Agency- Release 3 free agents per season. 1 60+ ovr, 1 70+ ovr, and 1 80+ ovr

This will allow us to keep everything simple for everyone. I'm sure we will probably lose a couple players during the year so even when we bring on new people they will be able to pick up our system with no problem.

Regulating Trades

This is going to be very important in keeping the league balanced. I'll post a couple different options and you guys can tell me what you think.

1.The Eyeball Test- Basically if 2 of the 3 commssioners think the trade is fair the trade is allowed to happen. If its a 1 for 1 trade this is no problem. But when it comes to multiple player trades is when this way really becomes difficult. Does anyone really know what a RD 2 draft pick that was selected 46 overall really equate to player wise?

2. EAs Letter Grade System

Ea has a system where each player you trade is gave a letter grade. The grade each player gets is based on Position,Age and OVR Rating. For draft picks if you go 0-16 your 1st RD Draft pick is rated higher then if you go 16-0... The following is the system we used and how it worked.

First each player is graded the following way(EA gives these letter grades):
A+,A,A-,B+,B,B-,C+,C,C-,D,F

Then we assigned a point value to each grade:
A+=5
A=4.5
A-=4
B+=3.5
B=3
B-=2.5
C+= 2
C=1.5
C-=1
D=.5
F=0

As long as the total points in the trade was within 1 the trade was allowed to happen...Let me show you an example using Madden 09.

-Trade between Bears and Bengals

Bears
T. Harris=A=4.5 pts
M.Forte=B+=3.5 pts
2nd Draft pick=D=.5
Total Points=8.5

Bengals
C.Johnson=B+=3.5
T.Housh=B+=3.5
K.Watson=C=1.5
Total Points=8.5

The points ended up equal in this trade. So this trade would have gone through. But again you can be within 1 point. So the Bengals could have put together a package that equalled anywhere form 7.5 - 9.5 points and still been able to trade for the Bears package that they were offering..

The commissioners can be as lenient or as stringent as they want with this. We used 1 point differential. But they can use .5, 1.5, 2 etc....Whatever they feel is best for the league...But this way atleast allows no one to get raped...(we will use a combination of these 2)

DISCONNECTIONS

the way disconnections are handle are such:

if a disconnect happens before the first half restart the game regardless of score unless the loser concedes the loss. if it is determined that u disconnected on purpose u will result in automatic removal from league. if u disconnect over 3x caus of connection in 1 game u foreit. if u disconnect over 3x period throught a season u will be removed from league. if a disconnect happens in the second half and someone is down by 14 the game is over and we will see who disco'ed for any violations or other disciplinary actions.
Back to top Go down
E-BLOXX
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
E-BLOXX

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 15:19

ok buddah that all sounds good, but i only have 1 question arent the teams blank? so where does the cuttin down of the giants and pats come into play?
Back to top Go down
Mcnair2Wycheck
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Mcnair2Wycheck

Number of posts : 1403
Registration date : 2008-11-24

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 15:29

2 suggestions I have

1. QB's cap #'s should be worth more (at least those rated over 80) and kicker's and punter's cap #'s should be less. Rob Bironas and Peyton Manning should not both be the same hit against the cap.

2. I think that the non-disconnecting player should have more choices in the event of a disconnect just to make sure that nobody is ever tempted to do it on purpose seeing it as an advantage. Somebody up 14 in the 2nd half could theoretically just do it to get the win and even if they don't you are still robbing the non-disconnecting player the opportunity to come back.
Back to top Go down
E-BLOXX
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
E-BLOXX

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 15:44

damn wycheck i didnt look at it like that. thatsa good ass point madden is known for those come back games.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 16:26

i can still tweek this but i worded it that way caus if its an obvious d/c like if they up and they d/c they are immediately removed from the league so noone is safe from anyone disco'ing. the reason y we do it this way is caus u cant jus pick up a game from where it is at like a continuation and jus disregard stats like if it were on league daddy so it is kinda hard to figure out some disconnect rules...the commish could simulate so the person who didnt d/c gets the win but at the same time like i said its kinda hard
Back to top Go down
Shadelon
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Shadelon

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 16:59

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 19:44

YO BUDDAH! Hey I thought we were just going to drop free agents every year instead of using the cap system.. I mean the cap system is great but its going to be alot more work for the commissioners. I know you guys have alot of other responsibilities with the site and dont know how many other commissioners your going to have but you will definitely need some help if you go this route. But if you have worked out all the scenarios with this we should go ahead and do it...

Last edited by [TFH] jwhite on 2009-08-05, 21:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yaboy510
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
yaboy510

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-05, 20:45

can you remove me please.. dont have time for 3 games a week, sorry
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-07, 22:20

Hey Buddah since yaboy is out.. Let me get them Raiders
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-08, 22:52

yeah ill give u the raiders jwhite...i thought we was goin to do the number system but if we said we were doin the release x amount of players den s*** ill change it no biggie right now
Back to top Go down
hailthewild
New MS Member
New MS Member
hailthewild

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty2009-08-17, 12:27

these rules apply for the franchise#3 too right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)   online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3) Empty

Back to top Go down

online franchise RULES AND GUIDELINES(ps3)
Page 1 of 1