Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Ryan vs. Flacco

Go down 
+7
eFresh
crawk
jwhite
Swag Escobar
Radi0ActivWaste
BOSTN BEANER
Big Hungry 702
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Number of posts : 1459
Registration date : 2009-07-25

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-27, 22:11

WHo is the better qb?
Matt Ryan
vs
Joe Flacco
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/surrenderthebooty69
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-27, 22:14

wow this is close i think they both have potential to be that sophmore slump guy.. but ryan has better weapons ill take ryan over flacco just for the reason he has the weapons to stay at the top of his game... but give flacco weapons and we will really see a better comparison...
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-27, 22:17

very true. i'd give it to ryan becuse he has the weapons that flacco wishes he had. and i bet ryan wants the defense that flacco has, and vice versa
Back to top Go down
Radi0ActivWaste
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Radi0ActivWaste

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-05-16

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-27, 23:46

even though flacco made it further in the playoffs i still think matt ryan is the better QB
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-27, 23:52

I agree. Matt Ryan led his team to the playoffs, even though flacco had the better ending part of a season the defense is the only reason they made it that far
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 02:36

ok im gonna say that u cant really compare the two really until this year or next year. for these reasons... if u try to now matt ryan wins by default

1. Matt ryan was the starter from the day he was drafted
2. Flacco was riding pine all offseason... behind kyle boller and troy smith.. Matt ryan was taking reps
3.Flacco only started because of troy smith's illness and kyle bollers injuries. where as once again matt ryan was already the starter.....
4.Flacco didnt really get the offense til the second half of the season ( i dont feel like getting the numbers) but the whole offense was geared around protecting him.. which is why heap was blocking and had a sucky receiving year.. and they ran the ball more than anyone in the NFL and the reason why no one other than mason and maybe clayton had little to non balls thrown to them... vs matt ryan who had much more of the book down by then and more offense open to them...

i mean i know the ravens are my team and all im not being bias or anything and im not saying flacco will be better than him but its like... an unfair comparison at this point its like comparing the throwing stats of someone in iform all game vs someone who runs shotty 5 Wrs all game long
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 02:45

DaBawseSwag wrote:
ok im gonna say that u cant really compare the two really until this year or next year. for these reasons... if u try to now matt ryan wins by default

2. Flacco was riding pine all offseason... behind kyle boller and troy smith.. Matt ryan was taking reps
3.Flacco only started because of troy smith's illness and kyle bollers injuries. where as once again matt ryan was already the starter.....
4.Flacco didnt really get the offense til the second half of the season ( i dont feel like getting the numbers) but the whole offense was geared around protecting him.. which is why heap was blocking and had a sucky receiving year.. and they ran the ball more than anyone in the NFL and the reason why no one other than mason and maybe clayton had little to non balls thrown to them... vs matt ryan who had much more of the book down by then and more offense open to them...

i mean i know the ravens are my team and all im not being bias or anything and im not saying flacco will be better than him but its like... an unfair comparison at this point its like comparing the throwing stats of someone in iform all game vs someone who runs shotty 5 Wrs all game long

I agree.
Back to top Go down
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 17:31

Honestly they both have the potential to be Drew Brees or Rex Grossman.

We can't really compare them, we just have to see what happens
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 18:54

ok who's rex grossman and who's drew brees
Back to top Go down
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 21:44

rex grossman was a terrible QB on the bears

Drew Brees is an amazing QB on the saints
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 21:48

Matt Ryan!! Look what he did with the Falcons
Back to top Go down
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 21:52

you mean look what Michael Turner did with the falcons.
Back to top Go down
MADDENKING57
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
MADDENKING57

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 21:57

Lets wait and see if Matt Ryan is a 1 hit wonder, or a good QB, me being from Atlanta ive learned not to put your full trust in the Falcons, you have to wait and see what they do, Chris Chandler took us to the Super Bowl and sucked every yr after that. I love my Falcons but Matt Ryan is the first QB ever to be considered a great QB after 1 yr, even Peyton didn't get this much love after 1 yr.
Back to top Go down
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 22:00

because peyton threw 28 picks his first year
Back to top Go down
crackajack
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-03-15

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-28, 22:57

matt ryan is unbalievable nobody seen him coming . matt ryan will have a better yr then flacco .
i personly think ryan is a real good qb. ic c ryan as a more complete qb with a better understanding of defences . i think flacco is good but i c him as more of an offence manager cuz he played well when the running part of thier o was going. dont get me wrong thier both gonna have good careers
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 02:39

the better career will def be ryan. he has a better supporting cast and is set up to be better in the long run
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 09:02

ok, first of all, good topic big hungry. im liking your threads, keep these guys talking, get the discussions going... good s*** yo!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd matt ryan is better.

JOE FLACCO WASNT THAT AMAZING IN COLLEGE, he played in a D2 school, and he wasnt dominate. HE HAD TO SIT THE BENCH, no one thought he was good enough to start. i guess spending some time in camp, watching from the sidelines for just a little bit, and getting a MUCH smoooooother introduction in to the NFL... all that lead to his success, not to mention being able to run all day.

matt ryan was thrown in to a young offense, and he killllllllllllllllllled it. i mean, every time i watched him play i was amazed, and that includes twice against my panthers. he is super talented, and super dedicated, and i think he's just gonna be better this year.

he's sick.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 10:08

its not that they didnt think he was good enough but check the ravens track record with throwing in rookie QBs boller and that redman guy flopped hard.

with the whole protecting flacco thing and mcgahee dealing with injury we didnt have anything on O that could have helped flacco the slightest bit our running game wasnt as explosive as the year before because we had a FB running the ball.................flacco's intro to the nfl though wasnt smooth at all though he was 3rd string til like that last preseason game and he jumped to number 1 lol

as far as him coming from a D2 school, i mean cassel rode pine since high school...Cutler was virtually unknown,Kurt warner came from the AFL lol

i think its an unfair comparison atleast until this season..that way i couldnt say s***... i mean big ben rookie year was a game manager and he practiced vs the best D in the nfl and the following year he became a game winner so hey...
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 10:13

but big ben always had a killer rookie season.

and no one is saying flacco didnt do a good job, i just see Ryan as closer to a complete quarterback than i do flacco. i mean of course everyone will be looking to see how they do this year, as well as the rookies that will be getting starting jobs, but i dont see flacco doing more than ryan this year either.
Back to top Go down
Swag Escobar
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Swag Escobar

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 10:27

big ben game managed and their D was number 1 and they ran with bettis and i think thats the year willie parker broke out or was it bettis and duce staley still he had like 17 TDs 11 Ints it was a similar situation to flacco.. big ben was 3rd on depth chat til preseason and batch got injured and the only difference was Maddox ended up sucking so much he got benched
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Militant X 1

Number of posts : 2436
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 12:24

DaBawseSwag wrote:

as Ravens fans....sometimes you and i don't see eye-to-eye (personell wise) but this post of yours right here? this is ON POINT!!!

Flacco will have a much better season this year than last year because he gets the starting job right off the bat (like Ryan did) and i am pretty sure that he will be launching the ball a whole lot more this season than last. good post Swag!
Back to top Go down
crawk
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 12:28

face it bothe players played well enough to get their team into the playoffs, but the real reason they made was because they both had dominant running games. Flacco made it farther in the playoffs because of the ravens defense.

The only reason Matt ryan won ROY was because of his stats. Not because he managed the game better or won more they were even there. It was all because of stats.

Matt Ryan
61% 3440yrd 16 TD 11int

Joe Flacco
60% 2791yrd 14 TD 12int

You cant say Matt Ryan threw more either because he completed 265 of 434
Flacco completed 257 of 428

Just face it the ravens and falcons were identical offenses last year
Back to top Go down
Big Hungry 702
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Big Hungry 702

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 14:32

passing wise yes they were the same, but running wise? hell no, not even close. am i falcons fan and even i know it helped ryan alot to have turner and norwood in my backfeild
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty2009-07-29, 19:59

BIG HUNGRY 702 wrote:
passing wise yes they were the same, but running wise? hell no, not even close. am i falcons fan and even i know it helped ryan alot to have turner and norwood in my backfeild

hes just saying u both are a run first team.. baltimore having leron mcclain step up last year was huge for flacco with the mcgahee injuries... they continued to be a run first team just like atlanta..
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
Sponsored content

Ryan vs. Flacco Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryan vs. Flacco   Ryan vs. Flacco Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan vs. Flacco
Page 1 of 1