Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation

Go down 
+3
mattP
Elite
CJDAWGG14
7 posters
AuthorMessage
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty
PostSubject: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-25, 00:08

Option, as in Georgia Tech's offense. This can only be done in the Steelers playbook tho.
Pick any of the plays out of wildcat(Jet Sweep is the best), and wait for the playclock to get to 3 seconds. Hike the ball, and the A-M WR should start running towards Willie Parker, but he won't make it all the way leaving him a few feet being Parker, allowing you to pitch the ball back if needed on a heavy blitz.

You can also use the power play to do this since the WR will keep running behind the HB instead of going to block.
Also, by waiting until the playclock is low and not letting the WR get to the HB in time, it seems like it gets you better runs. I've taken a few with Willie to the house and one with Santonio
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-25, 20:51

wow. Good find. This should make the wildcat more effective. I get better yardage on the powerplay tho.
Back to top Go down
mattP
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
mattP

Number of posts : 249
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-25, 21:00

on the counter it works great
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-25, 21:04

sounds cool.

Next time I pop the box on I'll probalby lab around and see if there's any possible way to do something like it with ARI.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Elite
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-25, 21:16

to be honest, im a little afraid of this being abused when a combo of Peterson and harvin are doing it.

I think a CB blitz stops it.. Sometimes it intercepts the toss
Back to top Go down
David noooooooo
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
David noooooooo

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-27, 03:30

but will the toss go directly to the man in motion ? or will it like 09 just go to the clostest man or even a fumble and someone picks it up
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-28, 22:04

David noooooooo wrote:
but will the toss go directly to the man in motion ? or will it like 09 just go to the clostest man or even a fumble and someone picks it up

It still does the same thing as 09 basically, i passed it back on a pick and it just threw the ball foward into the end zone..luckily i recovered it. But obviously that won't happen everytime but the risk is there for a turnover.
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty2009-07-30, 15:08

I do this in the demo with the Power play in the Wildcat formation. Looks like a lot of things can happen out of this formation.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation   Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation Empty

Back to top Go down

Making an option play out of the Wildcat formation
Page 1 of 1