Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JROCK275
New MS Member
New MS Member
JROCK275

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty
PostSubject: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-14, 17:39

The following is a list of techniques that I use when playing madden & may be able to help you out

Camera View: Madden Long or Widescreen

Madden Team: Baltimore Ravens
Playbook: Ravens

Offense
1.Stay in pocket and make throws and dont leave unless blitz is coming

2. Notify man or zone coverage. (put a man in motion if the defender follows him most likely he is in man if he doesnt than he might be in zone/ however he may have his defense disguised)
3. Have either a rb,fb or te blocking at all times so you can have more time to make accurate throws
4. Dont rush your throws or panic when you see a defender(sometimes you just have to take the sack, or throw the ball away)
5. I usually put my best reciever on the left side of the field to catch opponents off guard
6. To gain the upper hand on you must notify all advantages of mismatches
7. I switch the camera view to long view so i can see open recievers, all open holes ,etc. 8. A good offensive playbook is the baltimore ravens because they have good run and pass plays
9. If opponent always blitz then run a routes accross the middle .
10. If you have to scramble and there are defenders dont try anything fancy just run outta bounds or qb slide or maybe throw it away (but you cant be in the tight end box)
11. Never constantly do play action because opponents will figure out what you are doing and get the easy sack is successful
12. If you know you have to kick the field goal and most likely wont get the 1st then run the ball between the hashmarks (middle of field)
13. If the opponent is playing man D then do curl routes or outside routes alot but you have to make sure the defender is behind you not in front or he will swat it
14. When selecting plays the reciever with the yellow indicator on his route is the playmaker which means you can change his route while in action
15. When running use triangle to protect ball from strips when approaching crowds/ Highlight stick if one on one in the open

16. When running just follow your block
17. Never try highlight stick with your qb
18. To catch the defense off guard come out in different formations and mix up your plays (run, pass, pass, run, etc)

19. If you notice the safeties drop back alot then come out in a 3wr set and have the 3rd wr run across the middle between the 2 safeties
20. Scope the field out before making a throw
21. To tighten up on your skills i would just play a quick unranked game (online)
22. When lead blocking use L2 or R2 to turn blocks, Right analog stick for low block, and square for diving block
23.Dont always go for the deep ball
24. Always notify all open receivers/ backs
25. Never throw into double coverage 26. Be Sure To Include Packages In Your Play calling
27. Make sure to have a wr that can catch in the slot

Playbook:Ravens
Defense
1. If 5 Yards or more i run a 3-4 Normal/3-4 Solid( 4 more speed) /if under 4 yards i pick out of the 46 formation , 4-3 normal/ 4-3 over
2. If under 4 yards to go i do bump and run or maybe zone defense
3. Try to have as much speed as you can at safety but you also need awareness
4. When On Defense I control either the S or Mlb, so the opponent wont know what to expect
5. The defensive playbook i use is the Baltimore Ravens because they have alot of different formations (3-4, 4-3, Nickel, 46 bear & normal, and zone plays, etc)
6. I Prefer man defense but sometimes you have to mix it up with zone
7. While the play is in motion and you see a screen try switch to the defensive end or LB and try and shut it down
8. In the redzone always watch for quick passes, qb sneaks, hb tosses, FB dives
9. When returning an interception if the person is small just run outta bounds , or safe dive (Safeties and Cornerbacks )
10. Dont always try to intercept the ball because sometimes you just simple need to swat it
11. In the redzone I prefer zone defense so the whole field is covered
12. While playing wait for your opponent to pick there play because it will tell you how many recievers, tight ends and rb's they have (but dont let it fool you because they can have multiple wr's and still run the ball for a huge gain)
13. If opponent constantly scrambles rush him from his throwing side because most mobile qb's dont have good accuracy
14. When opponent catches the ball hit stick them or press the R2 button immediately because sometimes they will drop the ball
15. When defending against passing teams like cardinals, colts etc i use teams with good secondary like the eagles, & especially ravens
16. To tighten up on your skills i would do mini camp / skill drills , or play a quick unranked game online
17. When using hit stick there can be fumbles forced easily...Right analog stick down for low hit, Up for a high hit.
18. When trying to strip the ball only try to strip if you are directly in front of the player (R2)
19. I usually keep both safeties in zone and a 1 Mlb in zone no matter what
20. Disguise my defense
21. Always Mix Up Your Play Calling (Blitz, Man, Zone, Etc)
22. If you blitz then blitz out of zone plays
23. 3 Wr Sets I Pick A Play Out Of Nickel-1-5-5 Prowl
24. If They Come Out In a 4 or 5 Wr Set I Pick A Play Out Of The Dime-3-2-6 Formation or Dime-Flat
25. To Double Bump - N – Run Flip The Play Twice (Now The CB Will Be Behind The Reciever Which Means easy Pick For You
26. Do everything yourself (swat, tackle, interceptions, etc)
27. For Qb sneaks use Goaline Gaps Fire
28. Be Sure To Include Packages In Your Play calling
29. If Just one player is causing havoc on offense then manually cover them
30. Always Have Someone Covering The Middle no matter what
31. When the run is a threat I spread the d-line & loop them and pinch the lb’s
32. Blitz at least 1 lb on every play
33. Successful blitzing is all about overloading
34. The key to forcing turnovers is pressure
35. Remember every yard counts
36. Always be aware of the deep ball !!!
37. Always Be aware of quick passes!!!
38. On defense you have to be an irresistible force…if they know you have a weakness they will attack it so just try to tune up on every side of the ball as much as possible.

Special Teams
1.When returning kicks just follow blocks and look for open holes
2.Follow Your Play Specifically (return left, middle,right)
3.If your opponent squib kicks alot then control the player in the middle of the field
4. For kick returns I put a 2nd string Rb at starting Kr on the depth chart (i say this simply because they will get you the extra yards plus you dont wanna injure your 1st string players)
5. For punt returns I put a wr because they are used to catching and wont punts.
6. When you are on defense on Point Afters/ FG attempts select the play called Fg safe man or Fg zone just to be on the safe side
7. On kick returns I pick return middle…if all goes well you are guaranteed to get a kick return of at least a 25 yards
8. Don’t always pick punt block because if you hit the punter then you will get roughing the kicker penalty& repunt, or a first down depending on their field position

Extra Stuff
Franchise Mode

• Be smart about signing players. The longer the contract, the better it is for your cap. Raise the signing bonus and sign long-term deal, and eventually you'll have a cap friendly roster. On the other hand, avoid long-term deals with older players. Their skill will deteriorate, but you will be stuck with a big cap hit.
  • If you reach the playoffs in Franchise Mode, raise prices on tickets, food, merchandise, and parking. Go above the recommended limits. Fans will stretch the dollars to see the home team host a playoff game

Online Tips
  • Always Be sure to check opponents career before engaging in a game
  • Only Play people with low DNF% (Primarily under 30%, or you standards)
  • Never play people who are 0-0/ undefeated (possibly disguised dc’ers),
  • Always observe your career (profile) because everyone always needs to get better at something

Depth Charts
    You have 2 follow these instructions carefully to set up depth charts for online use…
    Step 1. Go 2 rosters
    Step 2. Organize the depth charts however you like
    Step 3. Save the rosters

(When you start the game you will not have 2 load rosters & when you play online in a game you will not have 2 set up your depth charts anymore for the team whose depth chart you adjusted/
    You have 2 follow the instructions carefully If you edit player equipment, or ratings then the depth charts will not be in Effect when you play online. )

Things To Remember
    Never cheese play (squib kicks, no huddles) unless the situation call for it
    Pick teams, playbooks & plays accordingly!!!
    Tune up on every side of the ball as much as possible.
    In madden you have to do things yourself (int’s, catch, tackle, etc) don’t expect the cpu 2 get it done
    Always Make your opponent Work hard for points

(If you want to add on feel free, all help is greatly appreciated)

Last edited by JROCK275 on 2009-07-14, 19:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JROCK275
New MS Member
New MS Member
JROCK275

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-14, 17:44

this info is basically for any rookie's to madden for ps2 or any1 who can find it helpful

i still have to edit some more info in it, and add more as well

so just stay tuned

if u wanna add on 2 this thread feel free ...all help is greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
mlb6434
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
mlb6434

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-14, 18:40

Nice job JROCK.....good to see a new member come in and throw stuff like this out. Will help alot of rooks out.
Back to top Go down
JROCK275
New MS Member
New MS Member
JROCK275

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-14, 18:58

mlb6434 wrote:
Nice job JROCK.....good to see a new member come in and throw stuff like this out. Will help alot of rooks out.

i try and help out as much as i can
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-14, 19:06

add in there on offense: when passing, always know who is guna b ur 1st read, 2nd read etc.

always have like a slant or flat route b the 1st read cuz it will b a quick decision if they r open or not.. its gotta b quick so u can go thru the reads as fast as possible to make sure u dont miss sumthin
Back to top Go down
JROCK275
New MS Member
New MS Member
JROCK275

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-14, 19:31

DaTBa1LHaWK wrote:
add in there on offense: when passing, always know who is guna b ur 1st read, 2nd read etc.

always have like a slant or flat route b the 1st read cuz it will b a quick decision if they r open or not.. its gotta b quick so u can go thru the reads as fast as possible to make sure u dont miss sumthin

will do, i will definately add dat

i still have 2 think of stuff cause i dont feel da list i got so far is complete without a complete breakdown
Back to top Go down
xxSquad Upxx
New MS Member
New MS Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-17, 02:40

Thanks alot man this is great

Not.
Back to top Go down
JROCK275
New MS Member
New MS Member
JROCK275

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-17, 09:45

xxSquad Upxx wrote:
Thanks alot man this is great

Not.

u play online?

Last edited by JROCK275 on 2009-07-18, 10:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JROCK275
New MS Member
New MS Member
JROCK275

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-18, 10:19

yea this thread needs helle updating...this is like a rough draft and only posted it so something could b up in the ps2 section

but im working on a new one thats more broken down and i might put my pb and money plays up 4 yall ...just stay tuned lol lol
Back to top Go down
Baseballa
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
Baseballa

Number of posts : 1513
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty2009-07-19, 11:00

Keep it up Rock. We dont have alot of ps2 users that are willing to help. So to see you trying is good. KEEP DOING WORK SON!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!   Madden Tips Thread For Ps2! Empty

Back to top Go down

Madden Tips Thread For Ps2!
Page 1 of 1