Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

What to look 4

Go down 
+8
PapaSmurf
DaTBa1LHaWK
Baseballa
BOSTN BEANER
Militant X 1
Devo
Modrewgnu
bigbuddah
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 00:57

we will see wen the game comes out caus they cant be used every play it changes the concept of a sim game so we will see fellas im really liking this input..we jus need to recruite
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

Number of posts : 1494
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:00

recruit ppl on the site for the sim section? or recruit for the site?
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:03

recruite for the section...friends...friends of friends...ppl u play that u think are sim
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:03

well the game is basically sim its self tho?
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:05

i could prolly get sum of my friends to come to the site.. idk how active they will b.. but there is one who has been wantin to get better at madden cuz i think i took a total of $100 away from him in madden haha.. he would prolly b interested.. and he only plays sim anyways.. ill talk to him tho
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:06

yeah no doubt man...only thing i ask them be active in is our events that they sign up for...that is all i ask for ya kno
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:09

yea he wont sign up for those unless he will b active.. he really wants to improve and i sold ebooks to him in 09 haha.. they arent the best cuz i didnt include everythin.. didnt want him to kno my best plays haha..
but ill make sure to talk to him, and he will kno not to sign up for shyt if he wont b active.. u can b sure of that
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:11

o ok good good...hope he signs up
Back to top Go down
DaTBa1LHaWK
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
DaTBa1LHaWK

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 01:12

yep im sure he will
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 13:53

Ok I guess my big question is what type of rules are you going to add to make the game play more sim? The only thing I can see adding is 4th down rules and thats it. Just from playing the demo as little as I have and following Ian I really think the game is about as sim as you can get it.

Fatigue has been totally revamped. So if ballers want to play their star players both ways let them. Because trust me in the fourth quarter their a$$ will be stuck on the bench because their worn out. Same thing with the No huddle. The revamped fatigue system has destroyed people whose gameplan is to no huddle all day. I guarantee you wont see the No huddle every down or 2 way players this year because of this.

The rocket catch is out. You can practice trying get this 24 hours a day if you want to but you will be wasting your time. If it ships with the game it will be patched so you cant do it. Here is a direct quote from Ian:

Quote:What to look 4 - Page 2 08a

What to look 4 - Page 2 08bOriginally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EAWhat to look 4 - Page 2 10

What to look 4 - Page 2 12

I think you're jumping the gun on RC'ing.

When people can do it on All-Pro (online's default setting) and can show it to me reliably, we'll jump on addressing it. That hasn't been shown. We addressed this at the root - with better locomotion and momentum. It is much harder to stop on a dime now, especially on All-Pro/All-Madden.

But I could be totally wrong on this. When it comes to Madden I have been wrong before. And I'm not saying we dont need a sim section because come December there is a pretty good chance like every other year there will need to be some rules to make it more a sim experience. But as of right now I just dont see any rules besides a 4th down rule that can be added to give it that sim experience. Or it maybe that I'm not as sim as I thought I was.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 19:27

there are rules that we will still need i believe specially the offense rule like having more of an offense defense we might see more nanos but ya kno we might need a rule for that who knows but there will be stuff we will keep and definately stuff we wont need...we wil need the sectios jus so ppl kno we have 1 and a place to go that says sim.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 19:29

make the nano rule the one that Yuck told me. Only do it every 1 of 4 downs or somethin to that extent, because slide protection can also create nanos if you bring an overload blitz and they protect to the wrong side.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
Downtown YuckieBrown
Madden School Veteran
Madden School Veteran
Downtown YuckieBrown

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 19:46

absolutely keep the section man. sim is also an individuals playcalling. developers can't do anything about dudes that just play video game football man. down and distance should matter when you make a decision on what plays to run.
Back to top Go down
jwhite
Veteran MS Member
Veteran MS Member
jwhite

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 21:45

I'm not sayin we dont need a sim section. There is definitely a large part of the community that wants to play the game as sim as possible and we should definitely have a section they can join... My thing is just based on the sim rules from last year the only rule still viable is the 4th down rule. Everything else is nullified.

Now everyone has their own meaning and rules on what they think is sim. One guy who joined the section says he runs shotgun all game. Alot of sim communities think that is not sim at all. There needs to be some really clear rules about what is going to be expected of people when they join this section. There needs to be rules in place that differentiate it from playing someone in normal match. Ballers who join this section need to know the reason they are joining and what is going to be expected. If not you are going to get a lot of people who join this section who run shotgun all game like the guy I mentioned above.

Now alot of the sim communities I have seen around the net focus on play calling. That seems to be the common thread that I see throughout. As far as Nanos go. That is going to be tough to police. Because in the Demo there are several times through out the game whether I'm in shotgun or under center and the blitzing steelers LBs get to me instantanously.T. Polumalo safety blitzed twice in one game and came in untouched both times and killed me. If I was playin a human I would swear they were nano blitzing me.

But I guess my point is that there needs to be some rules in place so that people who run shotgun 80%, pass 80%, run 80%, etc... dont join this section. They belong with the general population. This section should have some strict rules in place to A. Differentiate it for the normal section and B. Be a place that true sim ballers can come and enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-26, 22:05

yeah i understand u bout that...i didnt wanna be so strict caus i like creativity...shotgun all game is a scheme to me and play calling for that is kinda difficult...ima passer but more like 65%...towards the end of the season it was up to around 80% probably. jwhite u bring up alot of good points and i will try and come up with some different rules which is y i am in contact with other sim site to try and see wat rules they use caus i dnt wanna be overlly strict and constrict ppls way of playing TOO MUCH but have a set of rules in place that dont allow for fair playing and minimize the gimicky s***. the new madden 10 kinda hurts the section but it makes it a lil difficult to have rules that rule out alot of things but with everyones input we can come up with a set of rules thats strict yet leaves room for imagination and creativity
Back to top Go down
eFresh
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
eFresh

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-29, 14:37

I'm trying to get on this! I filled out an application but it looks like that was for ps3? Where the 360 ballers at?
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty2009-07-29, 19:28

we dont have that many 360 guys interested in playing sim so a section hasnt been started for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to look 4   What to look 4 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What to look 4
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips :: General News :: Other :: Archives :: Garbage-
Jump to: