Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

More On Wildcat (Details)

Go down 
+5
Crunk
SdGator
EggzOverEazy
D_Cash
DyNaMicakaDNM
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

More On Wildcat (Details) Empty
PostSubject: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-27, 20:48

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/27/letting-the-quot-wildcat-quot-loose-in-madden-nfl-10.aspx

here comes the panic
Back to top Go down
D_Cash
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
D_Cash

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2008-11-19

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 19:29

This is going to make the game fun IMO and everyone will be either the Titans, Vikings, or Dolphins.
Back to top Go down
http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/madden-nfl-09/team/rapin-scrubz--
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 19:37

panthers started the wildcat CRAZE! dont think i wont have it in my Carolina PB (the same one im using now)... and dont think i wont run it.... and dont think i wont stop it.
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 20:12

really panthers i thought it was the Dolphins, correct me if im wrong. And actually it was Houston Nutt at Arkansas with Darren McFadden that started the craze as far as people noticing it nationally.
Back to top Go down
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 20:30

All I know is it will ruin the game. Seems like there making a game that takes no user skills at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Gator
New MS Member
New MS Member
Gator

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 21:38

LiL MooReR wrote:
All I know is it will ruin the game. Seems like there making a game that takes no user skills at all.

It's just another tool for the coaches (Users) to use against the defense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.milsimgaming.com
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 21:53

Actually, the dolphins coach said the formation is actually a really old gig that college teams ran in like the 60's... And a lot of high school teams run it now.

but that article looked pretty good, I hope they have a few more plays. And they said it would be in more PB's so good thing 90% of online guys won't be using the same book.

And why was pat white #20 in the one clip?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Crunk
Crunk

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 21:54

Gator wrote:
LiL MooReR wrote:

Yeah, but in Madden its just an exploit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecrunkologyst
Gator
New MS Member
New MS Member
Gator

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 22:00

LiL MooReR wrote:
Gator wrote:
LiL MooReR wrote:

Yeah, but in Madden its just an exploit.

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.milsimgaming.com
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 22:34

yes it is a throw back formation its been around for years i was refering to who started the craze that has taken over the last few years and that was Houston Nutt.

But yeah its not like a totally new concept just another formation to add to your offense. Cuz if it ain't broke dont fix it right?
Back to top Go down
BOSTN BEANER
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
BOSTN BEANER

Number of posts : 2328
Registration date : 2008-11-17

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 23:46

[ITS]Fudopi wrote:
Actually, the dolphins coach said the formation is actually a really old gig that college teams ran in like the 60's... And a lot of high school teams run it now.

but that article looked pretty good, I hope they have a few more plays. And they said it would be in more PB's so good thing 90% of online guys won't be using the same book.

And why was pat white #20 in the one clip?

my only guess on why pat white is #20 is they have it in the game that formation being a RB and not a QB.. #20 is a RBs number so they had to make him a RB to put him in that spot naturally instead of changing the depth chart around.
Back to top Go down
http://zebragamer.com/forums/register.php?referrerid=11
DyNaMicakaDNM
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-28, 23:57

for those of you saying wildcat will ruin the game, EA already made sure that the defensive AI is adapted to it so they can stop it when it gets overused
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-29, 01:01

YEAH i saw that Dynamic, that was a nice article. im excited about the features they realeased. I love the fact that they re did the ratings so using J. Russel will be way different than using Peyton Manning. No more run backwards and toss the ball off the back foot 70 yds down field on the money is what it sounds like to me.

I really liked the fumble dog pile idea. Cuz I hate when i have 3 or 4 guys around a fumble whether it be offense or defense and a couple go for the scoop and some how completely miss the ball. The new button mash battle for the ball feature gives you more control over fumbles. But on the down side with online lag i could see it maybe causing some issues. And i hope that no dog pile glitch comes out where guys figure out how to get the ball everytime.

Also the 9 man gang tackle and forward progress whistle i thought was awesome. I like that the Offense is gettin involved in the gang tackling and helping push the pile and stuff. Forward progress whistle is cool too just makes it that much more realistic.

I can't wait for this to drop, but as good as it sounds theres gotta be some negatives so I am also curious to see what those will be. But as it stands right now i think the positives will greatly outweight the negatives and this is a big step in the right direction for the madden series and should be the most improved jump jump in the series.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-29, 03:40

i jus hope that it is not like the wr screen pass where the defense doesnt react right...it seems like it can be stopped and or limited but i kno its gonna be hell specially wit pat white
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-29, 10:09

[TFH] SdGator wrote:
really panthers i thought it was the Dolphins, correct me if im wrong. And actually it was Houston Nutt at Arkansas with Darren McFadden that started the craze as far as people noticing it nationally.

naw the panthers staretd it in the 07 or 08 season. it was used back in the 60s or 70s (or s***, maybe even further back), but then we were the first team to use it recently (at least in the NFL). i am fairly sure it was the dolphins who first used it in the 09 season in week 3 or 4... but we used it a few times the season or 2 before.
Back to top Go down
Fudopi is That Dude
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
Fudopi is That Dude

Number of posts : 2059
Registration date : 2008-08-18

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty2009-04-29, 21:10

I played Ronnie Brown the first week they ran wildcat, and I had 49 fantasy points from him haha. I ended up dropping like 160 fantasy points that week.

But all the features they've announced, sound like it'd be the perfect game if they do it even half right but it'll be hell if they don't.

And god damn why'd they have to make it a button mash war for fumbles? I'm terrible at mashing buttons, like, I just can't do it fast enough, I remember in the games when you created a player and you had to press the shoulder buttons to run the 40, I'd always run like a 6.7 and have a slow as hell player cause I couldn't mash the buttons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youlovesomethingexplosive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More On Wildcat (Details)   More On Wildcat (Details) Empty

Back to top Go down

More On Wildcat (Details)
Page 1 of 1