Madden 11 Forums | Madden 2011 Tips
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesHomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Please Register On Our New Forums
All post counts will be trasfered, please re-register with your current username. 
This forum will be shut down soon!
Any posts made on this forum from now on will not be taken with us to the new forums!

Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?

Go down 
+5
Yungboi76
SdGator
Ketcham While They're Hot
beeman999
CJDAWGG14
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

Number of posts : 2937
Registration date : 2008-10-11

Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty
PostSubject: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-23, 21:43

Should we use the teams PB when playing sim games? cuz doesn't sim mean simulation, or how they'd play in the NFL? And wouldn't it be purely sim to use the teams PB while using them, in a SIM game? IDK, maybe it's just me, but using the teams actual playbook instead of the Colts or a genric PB is sim to me, cuz you rarely see teams using full house or SG trips TE all game.
Back to top Go down
http://moviecorner.org
beeman999
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member
beeman999

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-23, 22:17

are u talkin bout the team that ur using pb? or any team pb. i use tb playbook when doing sim. but i do use 46 defense. it would **** up my D if we made the switch but idc its a good idea if u wanna be more sim
Back to top Go down
Exclusive Member
Exclusive Member

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2008-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-23, 22:25

The last couple of games cards and I played, we went with team specific pbs...for one, I think it's more fun...for another, it takes you away from even the chance of doing anything tourney...
Back to top Go down
SdGator
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
SdGator

Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-23, 22:59

yeah i can see that making it more sim, but in the same sense some teams playbooks do have full house formations in them and if someone really wanted to run that formation they might just run with that team specifically for the formation. So u have to take that into consideration.

Personally I look at SIM as just being the way you play the game and not using glitches. I think you as the COACH should have the freedom to implement what ever scheme offensively and defensively you wish. Just as a COACH has that right in the NFL.

However I can see CJ's point tho also. It would make it SIM to the next level about as strict as it gets. I think it could be fun. Personally I think im gonna start playing with more playbooks just to improve my game cuz ive been gettin stale in my offense. Good post
Back to top Go down
Yungboi76
Rookie MS Member
Rookie MS Member
Yungboi76

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 13:11

Good point CJ. That would take the sim experience to anotha level and add another dimension to players game. With that being said that would be a hard transition for me to make because in my eyes Pitts pb is the best thing out there.
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 15:42

nah i dnt think it matters, cuz teams base their PB on certain formations jus like us players like to have is certain formations
Back to top Go down
EggzOverEazy
Administrator
Administrator
EggzOverEazy

Number of posts : 3158
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 15:57

sim = simulation

now its how technical you get with the definition of simulation. either:

simulation =no video game BS, you know what that means!

or

simulation = playing exactly how the NFL does

but if you're going to get so technical to say "you have to use this playbook" then why aren't you saying stuff like "you have to have these players in, no substitutions" or "you have to call these plays, because they haven't called those plays"

so i dont think its a good idea to get so technical as to make people use a particular playbook. that would just open up more doors, and it doesn't make sense with the definition we've been using so far,
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 16:10

in the NFL, deanglo hall has played WR, devin hester has played CB and WR, champ bailey has played WR, randy moss has play Safety.
i say lineing up anyplayer where ever you want cause they do on tv.

the playbook idea, i like it.
the cardnals, steelers, pats, and ravens would be my teams
anyone want to play like this unranked with me?
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 16:23

Wouldn't it make it more interesting tho? Using the teams PB instead of the same generic pass balanced and RNG? If you use the Rams, then you running with Stl's pb would be more interesting then choosing Pitt or New England.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 16:24

Plus, everyone has their schemes all planned out when they use a certain PB, so using a different PB would make them switch up their scheme a bit.
Back to top Go down
Mister_JP
All-Pro MS Member
All-Pro MS Member
Mister_JP

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 16:26

[xMSOG] CJDAWGG14 wrote:
Wouldn't it make it more interesting tho? Using the teams PB instead of the same generic pass balanced and RNG? If you use the Rams, then you running with Stl's pb would be more interesting then choosing Pitt or New England.

yea that would be sweet.
cause then when someone picks the cowboys they cant use the run n gun.
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 16:27

Mister_JP wrote:
[xMSOG] CJDAWGG14 wrote:

yea that would be sweet.
cause then when someone picks the cowboys they cant use the run n gun.
lol, even if you played perfectly sim, using the boyz with RNG isn't sim to me, cuz that's all we do at tourneys
Back to top Go down
PapaSmurf
Hall of Fame MS Member
Hall of Fame MS Member
PapaSmurf

Number of posts : 1088
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 19:46

u can use RNG and still be sim cj
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-24, 19:47

[TFH] 7florida2fynest7 wrote:
u can use RNG and still be sim cj
I said the boyz and rng
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-25, 00:12

Mister_JP wrote:
in the NFL, deanglo hall has played WR, devin hester has played CB and WR, champ bailey has played WR, randy moss has play Safety.

i dont even kno how or y ur posting in here wen ur not sim ur not suppose to be...

anyways...wen i created this section i di not want to be too strict and limit ppls creativity and schemes...i agree that full house is not sim i dont like it but again i dont wanna put no restrictions on anyones game and making ppl play with the team they picks playbook is somethin im not willing to do and become strict...now on the other hand if u play someone from the sim section u can both say hey lets play with the teams playbooks (offense and defense) but as an in general rule for the sim section i would say no
Back to top Go down
CJDAWGG14
Administrator
Administrator
CJDAWGG14

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-25, 00:15

[STARS] bigbuddah wrote:
Mister_JP wrote:

i dont even kno how or y ur posting in here wen ur not sim ur not suppose to be...

anyways...wen i created this section i di not want to be too strict and limit ppls creativity and schemes...i agree that full house is not sim i dont like it but again i dont wanna put no restrictions on anyones game and making ppl play with the team they picks playbook is somethin im not willing to do and become strict...now on the other hand if u play someone from the sim section u can both say hey lets play with the teams playbooks (offense and defense) but as an in general rule for the sim section i would say no
YOU RUINED MY DREAM!!!!!! jk, but whoever I play from now on, if u wanna run team's pb, lets run it, cuz I'd rather play like thaqt, cuz it seems more fun than using RNG. You can also use WCO against me, cuz that's a pretty sim PB imo.
Back to top Go down
bigbuddah
Legend MS Member
Legend MS Member
bigbuddah

Number of posts : 2949
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty2009-04-25, 00:24

LOL im sorry cj...although agree with your intensions by trying to make our sim section better and i hope u understand my point as well in not making this section more strict ya kno..like ive said there is no problem in arranging a game where u do that...i agree that made up books such ass rng pass balance pass heavy run heavy so on and so forth are over used and team pb's are of the past...maybe we can say no generic playbooks but that might be a lil ticky tac but we will see in the future...at this point we are in love with all madden which mean unranked games since this is now fully the offseason that we could do that more jus like we are doing more and more random team games..but as a RULE i dont think its a good idea...keep the ideas coming CJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?   Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim? Empty

Back to top Go down

Using the teams PB to be FULLY sim?
Page 1 of 1